Traffic police face transfer if they don't know the law

rooster59

Traffic police face transfer if they don't know the law

police.JPG

Caption: Fail the exams and face transfer

Police in Bangkok - and principally those involved in traffic duties - will be tested for their knowledge of the law in early September. 

If they fail to get 80% on the test - and fail a retake too - they will be transferred to something else. 

Pol Maj-Gen Sukhun Phromayon said that 100 questions on the law are being chosen out of 1,000 possibilities for the test. 

Officers from the rank of Lt-Col down to police lance corporals will be tested. That is ten police ranks.

Lt-Col is the rank normally associated with deputy station chiefs. 

In total 3,000 officers will sit the one and a half hour duration exams. If they don't get 80% they will have to resit.

If they fail again they face being transferred. 

Source: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-08-10

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, rooster59 said:

they will be transferred to something else. 

Tourist Police perhaps where their previous training, although proven worthless, can be used to advantage in controlling and keeping a watchful eye on tourists and farang expats in general.

They can still be in positions to make valuable contributions to the Police Retirement Fund.

19 minutes ago, rooster59 said:

Pol Maj-Gen Sukhun Phromayon said that 100 questions on the law are being chosen out of 1,000 possibilities for the test. 

will it be like the Thai driving test where you have to memorize the wrong answers in order to pass?  

6 minutes ago, rooster59 said:

Here's one for them .. Bike ( with bald tyres ) approaches carrying 5 people .. None are wearing helmets but one does have a plastic bag on head , all are on the phone and a dog is steering .. Does traffic officer 

1  Book , fine and admonish them all for being utterly irresponsible .. 

2  Have a laugh and a joke about the bag helmet and dog steering before sending 'em on their way with a smile and wai .. 

3  look up from his smartphone as Mia-noi's , farcebook and candy crush are quite important also you know .. 

There's probably a few other scenarios that could be applicable .. 

4 hours ago, Cadbury said:

Tourist Police perhaps where their previous training, although proven worthless, can be used to advantage in controlling and keeping a watchful eye on tourists and farang expats in general.

They can still be in positions to make valuable contributions to the Police Retirement Fund.

For the tourist police they will have to have some knowledge of English and it wouldn't be a punishment as the pay is higher.

5 hours ago, rooster59 said:

In total 3,000 officers will sit the one and a half hour duration exams. If they don't get 80% they will have to resit.

If they fail again they face being transferred. 

To Immigration? I wonder who earns the most per month, traffic officer or immigration officer?

Today I paid my 1000 bt fine ,and as I was attempting to have it reduced with some humour and wit ,a young cop butted in and said  , ''you must wait until the light turns green before you procede''....absolute genius ...

15 hours ago, brokenbone said:

thank goodness, i get so upset when i get fined for

made up offenses, then again, maybe it wont be any difference ?

I was stopped one day while driving my Chev Colorado pick-up truck, in Amnat Charoen.  They were going to ticket me for not wearing a helmet!  .

Q-20.

There is one all-encompassing "get out of jail free" card which can be used by all offenders and which must be complied with by all officers. Which is it?

A. "My cousin is a captain at your station."

B. "Do you know who I am?"

C. "I am rich. Wai my Benz, you weasel."

D. "My licence is in this brown envelope."

E. All of the above.

Q21.

Can a police officer drive while drunk and in police uniform?

Yes/No.

45 minutes ago, Prairieboy said:

I was stopped one day while driving my Chev Colorado pick-up truck, in Amnat Charoen.  They were going to ticket me for not wearing a helmet!  .

What’s your point? Have you seen the stats for road deaths ? Safety first????????????

Archived