Thai honesty: Come in Mr Anderson - your money is waiting for you!

rooster59

Thai honesty: Come in Mr Anderson - your money is waiting for you!

562000007833001.jpg

Image: Manager

Police in Cha-Am are looking for a foreign tourist called John Anderson after an honest hotel employee handed in a wallet that was found on the sidewalk outside. 

Chompoonut Mangprasert, 22, a front office staffer at the Talay Hotel and Villa in Cha-Am went to the police after a wallet containing 19,032 baht, three credit cards and ID in the name of Mr Anderson was found early morning on Friday.

Police praised her for her honesty and are now trying to find the rightful owner after efforts to do that at the hotel failed.

562000007833003.jpg

Source: Manager

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-08-10

3 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Police in Cha-Am are looking for a foreign tourist called John Anderson after an honest hotel employee handed in a wallet that was found on the sidewalk outside. 

In fairness .. That is a good thing to do .. Less honest folk may well have copped the cash and binned the rest .. So well done to her .. And if they do find the dude the least he could do is bung her a couple of thou' .. 

21 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Boy, his bar girl is gonna be angry in the morning when he can't pay her

That say more about you than him.

I've found honesty - and courtesy - to be the norm, in my dealings with Thai people. I also find most farang are polite to Thai staff in shopping malls, etc. I don't hang around in bars, so i can't speak for anyone's behaviour there.

On 8/10/2019 at 1:36 PM, johng said:

@Denim  I can never hear or read  a "Mr Anderson"   without remembering  the Matrix !

You should know that this name is a VERY common name out in the world, so do NOT admit that you only relate to Matrix when you hear that surname... People can get ideas ......

Andersson is the most common name in Sweden, 250.447 persons are having that familyname.... So a few more than Matrix.... 

glegolo

1 hour ago, glegolo said:

so do NOT admit that you only relate to Matrix when you hear that surname... People can get ideas ......

What sort of ideas ???  I DO admit that  "Mr Anderson" and The Matrix are forever linked in my memory..????

1 hour ago, johng said:

What sort of ideas ???  I DO admit that  "Mr Anderson" and The Matrix are forever linked in my memory..????

You sure you want to know??? I do not want to affend you.... But people might think that you are so to speak "narrowminded" and maybe worldly challenged.... sorry Sir.....

glegolo

37 minutes ago, glegolo said:

"narrowminded" and maybe worldly challenged...

I really don't care if people think of me that way or any other way really, doesn't offend me at all they can think whatever they like ???????? 

I used to work with a Robert Anderson....everyone jokingly called him "Mr Anderson"  he wasn't offended either.

22 hours ago, PoorSucker said:

One hand up everyone that have at least 12 baht in coins in their wallet. 

this morning I found 34 baht  3 10's  a 2 and 2 1's..I never put them in there they just migrate there whist in trouser pocket !!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived