Power of Attorney for Address Registration Phuket

alphason

Last did a TM30 report about 2 years ago, have not been away since. Its a rental and at the time I did it myself with a poa and tax stamps on behalf of the owner/landlord.

First, are Phuket requiring us to register the address again if staying out of Phuket for a few days (not overseas)?

If they are, is the already completed poa still valid so I can just register myself again, or will they insist on a new poa and tax stamps etc etc.

Thanks.

1 hour ago, LivinginKata said:

Why don't you just register your address online with Immigration and get a user name and password to online log your details anytime. No need for all this POA stuff. 

Easier to do than you might think. 

https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn24online/

I thought it was just for hotels or home owners? I'll take a look

3 minutes ago, alphason said:

I thought it was just for hotels or home owners? I'll take a look

No. You register the address with the URL I posted. Then once have user name and password you register yourself at that address. I have registered addresses for 4 homes without any fuss other than enter the details in the web site 'new user' process. To be honest it's not very user friendly but once you get the hang of it no problem.

12 minutes ago, LivinginKata said:

No. You register the address with the URL I posted. Then once have user name and password you register yourself at that address. I have registered addresses for 4 homes without any fuss other than enter the details in the web site 'new user' process. To be honest it's not very user friendly but once you get the hang of it no problem.

Thanks, should make things easier to do online like the 90 day. I don't need to update the address yet, so I will try to register first ready for when its needed. Should I register as if I am the houseowner/landlord, using their name?

Why don't you just register your address online with Immigration and get a user name and password to online log your details anytime. No need for all this POA stuff. 

Easier to do than you might think. 

https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn24online/

Trying to register, nationality English colony? House name and ID? Would that be on owners house papers? Okay found British but house name and ID?

Sent from my SM-P585Y using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Trying to register, nationality English colony? House name and ID? Would that be on owners house papers? Okay found British but house name and ID? 

Also what do you put for "register at" do I attach copy of owner ID and house paper? Apologize useless when it comes to IT!

" First, are Phuket requiring us to register the address again if staying out of Phuket for a few days (not overseas)? "

Do as LiK suggested. Then try to avoid registering by avoiding any out of province registration. If married to a Thai, check in on her name and ID,. and try to avoid to present yours. If that doesn't work, drive through option at Phuket immigration is really easy and fast, no other information required than your passport with previous TM30.

Yea think drive through is best as getting very annoyed at trying to register!

" First, are Phuket requiring us to register the address again if staying out of Phuket for a few days (not overseas)? "

Do as LiK suggested. Then try to avoid registering by avoiding any out of province registration. If married to a Thai, check in on her name and ID,. and try to avoid to present yours. If that doesn't work, drive through option at Phuket immigration is really easy and fast, no other information required than your passport with previous TM30.

Sent from my SM-G610F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

57 minutes ago, stevenl said:

The OP asked about house registration. That's not yet possible as a drive-through option. This topic getting mixed up with houses registration and 90 day notification.

13 hours ago, alphason said:

Thanks, should make things easier to do online like the 90 day. I don't need to update the address yet, so I will try to register first ready for when its needed. Should I register as if I am the houseowner/landlord, using their name?

You will need Thai help as these Immigration online packages as less than user friendly.

You need to register as stated on the house paper (Tabian Baan) which is all in Thai. Easy enough just owner name and address, return email address, and not much else.

Within a few day they will email back a user name and password (default 1234). Then you can log on and enter your passport details. Passport number. Name. Gender. Nationality (that a bit tricky first time. Use code listed in your passport). Don't bother with all the other questions. Not needed. It's not user friendly although now questions are explained in Thai and English. Don't forget to record the input before log off.

47 minutes ago, LivinginKata said:

The OP asked about house registration. That's not yet possible as a drive-through option. This topic getting mixed up with houses registration and 90 day notification.

OP was referring to TM30, which is what I presume he means. Which can be done drive through (after initial registration has been done).

Yes I am asking about TM30 Notification form for housemaster (address registration), not TM47 90 day report which I already do online.

If you can do it through the drive thru then that's another backup option, Phuket immigration website says it can be done at drive thru service with completed TM30 form, passport + copy, register home copy, ID card copy of house owner. I read another report that also said only passport with old TM30 receipt was needed, same as stevenl said.

Not tried to do online yet, if it works ok this is the best way. Had only a quick look and it does not seem that difficult, most of it is in English on the first page anyway. The only thing I saw unsure of was accommodation Name, not sure what I would put here if its a house without a name, and register at - I guess it means Phuket immigration office? And not sure what if any documents are needed to upload?

1 hour ago, alphason said:

<snip>

Not tried to do online yet, if it works ok this is the best way. Had only a quick look and it does not seem that difficult, most of it is in English on the first page anyway. The only thing I saw unsure of was accommodation Name, not sure what I would put here if its a house without a name, and register at - I guess it means Phuket immigration office? And not sure what if any documents are needed to upload?

No need for house name. Just enter the basic required fields (red astrix). Just the basics, owner name, road address/number, town, district, provance, email reply address. No documents are required.

19 hours ago, LivinginKata said:

No need for house name. Just enter the basic required fields (red astrix). Just the basics, owner name, road address/number, town, district, provance, email reply address. No documents are required.

There is no field for owner name as far as I can see. "Accommodation Name" is required, so is "Register at" whatever that is. Regarding documents, they want:

1. Business license or signed copy business registration confirmation
2. Letter of authorization to conduct the registration
3. Copy of ID card of person giving authorization person

I would love to use this option to register my address. I rent an apartment and the house owner does not seem to care to register me.

1 hour ago, farang51 said:

There is no field for owner name as far as I can see. "Accommodation Name" is required, so is "Register at" whatever that is. Regarding documents, they want:

1. Business license or signed copy business registration confirmation
2. Letter of authorization to conduct the registration
3. Copy of ID card of person giving authorization person

I would love to use this option to register my address. I rent an apartment and the house owner does not seem to care to register me.

Maybe the rules changed since I registered a Thai friends house for her to register her guests. That was a couple of years back. I for never supplied any documentation. Just house details in the various fields. Was so easy.  

4 hours ago, LivinginKata said:

Maybe the rules changed since I registered a Thai friends house for her to register her guests. That was a couple of years back. I for never supplied any documentation. Just house details in the various fields. Was so easy.  

Had a look a the new registration software. Quite an upgrade since I last used. Lot of nice feature plus English option.

But for sure needs a document attachment  ... but not explain what sort of document required. I assume a scan of the house Tabian Baan.

Edit - that's what I would try and see how it goes.

Archived