How Many Are “Stuck” Here With No Way Out

bowerboy

3 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Not really 'stuck' here.

I've got enough income/savings to rent a house in Durham, and take my gf (settlement) and son (Brit citizen) back with me. I just don't want to go, and neither does she.

Yes..I like the drama..

Between HMS Repetitive

and ..

USS Narcissistic

3 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Not really 'stuck' here.

I've got enough income/savings to rent a house in Durham, and take my gf (settlement) and son (Brit citizen) back with me. I just don't want to go, and neither does she.

Alot of non intellectuals on this forum, who are unwilling to spend three moments formulating a post, and end up making rather massive generalizations about guys they do not know from Adam. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Khon Kaen Jeff said:

Full of wisdom aren't you oh special one.

Back in the real world..

Fortunately, prior to moving here, I read a few books on Thailand, written by guys with all kinds of stories, about all kinds of women. So, I sort of came prepared. And I would not consider myself special in any way. But, I am cautious, patient, and willing to take my time, and push back. It has really paid off. That is my real world, thank you very much. Life is what we make of it. If someone is willing to lay down and be trampled upon, that is their choice. 

Edited by spidermike007
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Alot of non intellectuals on this forum, who are unwilling to spend three moments formulating a post, and end up making rather massive generalizations about guys they do not know from Adam. 

Goodness me..

Speed dial one presumes..

"I'm Tarzan.."

"No.I'm truly Tarzan.."

"Goodness me..don't you know that I fled to Thailand and now I am not only Tarzan-I am his older brother Benny Tarzan..?"

That's the greatest thing about Thailand-sans pareil-the amount of gas you can produce about yourself.

After all,who would admit that the average western woman would eat you for dinner?

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Odysseus123 said:

Goodness me..

Speed dial one presumes..

"I'm Tarzan.."

"No.I'm truly Tarzan.."

"Goodness me..don't you know that I fled to Thailand and now I am not only Tarzan-I am his older brother Benny Tarzan..?"

That's the greatest thing about Thailand-sans pareil-the amount of gas you can produce about yourself.

After all,who would admit that the average western woman would eat you for dinner?

I rest my case, your honor. 

On 9/17/2019 at 4:05 AM, Khon Kaen Jeff said:

A bit similar to me, been here 20 years and have a boy and girl, if it wasn't for them I probably would have shot myself by now, as haven't achieved anything else living here, unless porking a few hundred girls and getting drunk on cheap beer is an achievment?

Getting cheap beer in Thailand is an achievement!

On 9/17/2019 at 4:05 AM, Khon Kaen Jeff said:

A bit similar to me, been here 20 years and have a boy and girl, if it wasn't for them I probably would have shot myself by now, as haven't achieved anything else living here, unless porking a few hundred girls and getting drunk on cheap beer is an achievment?

Getting cheap beer in Thailand is an achievement!

3 hours ago, rumak said:

i know i can expect that post from you when you are having an  OH DIS IS IT   day.   123

Back to the tread at hand....  I do have to take the side of  007 and BM2 on this one.   In my jungle its

me Tarzan and you Jane.   We are very happy with that arrangement,  I lot more so than the " a happy life is a happy wife " crowd.    Funny,  The ones I meet like that never look very happy. My Jane is a lucky girl, and she would tell you herself but she is out cutting the grass  ????

20190530_143609.jpg

20190717_070518.jpg

Good photos!

And I agree..one should not be too comfortable when one presses Auto-redial for the 249th time.

Looks dry as does this.

DSCN0089.JPG

On 8/10/2019 at 10:01 PM, bowerboy said:

permanent doesn’t actually mean permanent)

Permanent does mean  permanent.  A Permanent visa  has a five year validity for travel at the end of which you should either apply for Citizenship or apply for what is known as a Resident return visa (which is related to travel only).   She can say in Australia permanently. Travel may be restricted without citizenship or a RRV.

• Like 1

On 9/17/2019 at 12:16 PM, Berkshire said:

55555   But actually, that IS a significant achievement.  I know old guys in the USA who haven't been laid in years.  And even those getting some, it's with grannies (and there's nothing wrong with that....if you're into that sort of thing).  On top of that, just the thought of being with young hotties keeps one motivated to exercise and stay fit.  At least it does for me.       

i have a semi rural place in the usa (not near a city). im speaking with my right hand and tell you its a celibate life with no options, not even if you want to pay for it.

as you age in the usa if you were not lucky enough to hookup in college or that next decade while starting carrier your almost s@hit out of luck.

even if you are in a dating location like nyc or la your going to have to be fairly successful there to compete as there are always gugs waiting in line for anything decent. its like going through multiple job intrrviews just to arrange a date. its not like asia where the competition is not in your face.

also, if you go back at an old age after a long hiatus its real hard to get back on the ladder employment wise unless you want to work at walmart and thats the first question your date is going to ask you each time and its not going to fly with even bankers and stock brokers using their hands regularly.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Odysseus123 said:

Looks dry as does this.

Lots of rain since that pic ( a few months ago) ....

As for your pic i showed it to "jane" and she asked how much you pay to mow it ?   lol

where is that pic ?   not from your flooded house  ????

4 minutes ago, fhickson said:

its a celibate life with no options, not even if you want to pay for it.

Sure.  And then a few of them move to Thailand.  Go from being high and dry to high and mighty.

Probably even believe that they are hansum men.  Next thing you know they're on TV  telling us guys who have been here 20 or 30 years that we know nothing about Thais.  Gotta love it 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, fhickson said:

i have a semi rural place in the usa (not near a city). im speaking with my right hand and tell you its a celibate life with no options, not even if you want to pay for it.

as you age in the usa if you were not lucky enough to hookup in college or that next decade while starting carrier your almost s@hit out of luck.

even if you are in a dating location like nyc or la your going to have to be fairly successful there to compete as there are always gugs waiting in line for anything decent. its like going through multiple job intrrviews just to arrange a date. its not like asia where the competition is not in your face.

also, if you go back at an old age after a long hiatus its real hard to get back on the ladder employment wise unless you want to work at walmart and thats the first question your date is going to ask you each time and its not going to fly with even bankers and stock brokers using their hands regularly.

Why should it be a celibate life?

Even my modest rural town has an "Asian Delights' -or whatever they call it-????

i am sure  that if you look up the 'Buffalo Times' you can find the appropriate

listings...and think of the money you will be saving in the long term...

• Like 1

How many of my UK friends are "stuck" in the UK because of a ridiculously expensive mortgage or an overweight wife? Pretty much all of them!

I'm pretty sure most of them would give their left nut to be shot of the place and be living in Thailand with a sexy little brown thing.

Sure Thailand has it's issues, but they can all be forgiven when the weather, food and girls are so infinitely better than in the UK.

Edited by SteveK
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, Odysseus123 said:

Why should it be a celibate life?

Even my modest rural town has an "Asian Delights' -or whatever they call it-????

i am sure  that if you look up the 'Buffalo Times' you can find the appropriate

listings...and think of the money you will be saving in the long term...

contrary to public opinion, im actually saving more money being in thailand then i would be paying at the rural place in the usa.

throw in the added benefit of healthy food, getting laid and being able to go out for a beer once in awhile.

sometimes when your getting low in your home country the best option is to move, not to go back!

10 minutes ago, fhickson said:

contrary to public opinion, im actually saving more money being in thailand then i would be paying at the rural place in the usa.

throw in the added benefit of healthy food, getting laid and being able to go out for a beer once in awhile.

sometimes when your getting low in your home country the best option is to move, not to go back!

Tell me that in 10 years time.

The reason why it is ostensibly cheap is the exploitation of the workers and the poor.Do you enjoy exploiting the workers and the poor?

The perfectly hideous sexpats certainly do.

The food is not healthy-you are paying for sex-and you will grow old.

Enjoy your fantasy whilst ye may..

Edited by Odysseus123
  • Like 2

Just now, Odysseus123 said:

Tell me that in 10 years time.

The food is not healthy-you are paying for sex-and you will grow old.

Enjoy your fantasy whilst ye may..

so i hold out for a lottery ticket in the usa?

pick your poison, im not getting any younger or richer living in either location. its about damage control at this point and stretching what i have with the best lifestyle i can afford.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, fhickson said:

so i hold out for a lottery ticket in the usa?

pick your poison, im not getting any younger or richer living in either location. its about damage control at this point and stretching what i have with the best lifestyle i can afford.

That's your problem matey-come and join us in fantasy land.....

How many of my UK friends are "stuck" in the UK because of a ridiculously expensive mortgage or an overweight wife? Pretty much all of them!   I'm pretty sure most of them would give their left nut to be shot of the place and be living in Thailand with a sexy little brown thing.   Sure Thailand has it's issues, but they can all be forgiven when the weather, food and girls are so infinitely better than in the UK.

Well said! each paragraph gets a BIG [emoji736] 

Bonus [emoji736]’s would have been awarded had you said “all western countries” instead of “UK” only.

Because pretty much ALL WESTERN MEN would give up leftie to leave their sad, sorry existence by swapping their old, whale-sized wife for a sexy, young, little brown Thai babe.

• Like 1