How Many Are “Stuck” Here With No Way Out

bowerboy

23 hours ago, TheAceFace said:

Totally disagree, not being flippant. You need to give the kids the best you can. BS about Thai schools being bad, if the kids are ok then they will get noticed, maybe you back doored it.

A Thai education and Thai language are completed worthless outside of Thailand.

Do you ever read the rankings of Thai test scores or schools?

You have trapped your kids in a dead end education system so you have no exception except to praise it

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, FredGallaher said:

She's in the US and married a American Computer Engineer. Right now she's a stay at home mom because child care where they live is so high and taxes on her added income are very high, it's a better way. She speaks some Thai having studied on the internet and did OK when her family and her visited last year. 

Although Thais are much taller now, she's much taller than the average Thai and she wasn't attracted to shorter men. 

So exactly as I predicted, no suitable Thai guy available.

Same as all the other Thai women that married a foreigner.

Educated young Thai men with good jobs are about as rare as hen's teeth.

My 20 year old Thai daughter (just entering final year at CMU), has never met a Thai guy she felt worth even talking with. They have no money, no prospects, no education and she doesn't appear bothered about the sex.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Educated young Thai men with good jobs are about as rare as hen's teeth.

i cant figure out where these dudes are. they must hang in exclusive places where nobody else gets in, or they just never walk around town in general, or?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fhickson said:

i cant figure out where these dudes are. they must hang in exclusive places where nobody else gets in, or they just never walk around town in general, or?

dr, banker, the usual stuff, go to a bank or hospital

and you will see them.

yes, they dont walk about in town looking for a beer bar

with happy hour drinks

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, FredGallaher said:

This is completely false. Some Thai universities like Chula and Mahidol are world ranked. Do some research and you'll find that they rank ahead of many universities in UK or US. Well to do Thai families that have children who can't pass Thai university entrance exams frequently send their children overseas because of easier entrance standards. 

Read it for yourself Fred. And not their own wikipedia page

https://www.usnews.com/education/best-global-universities/mahidol-university-503481

Tie for 72nd Best Global Universities in Asia

On 9/17/2019 at 5:40 AM, Jingthing said:

Finding any job isn't remotely the same thing as finding a job that pays enough to live in dignity or even pay the rent for a total dump.

Just saying.

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Well, if a person is an uneducated tart, of course they won't get a job at NASA.

However, those with education and skill, the jobs are there in abundance.

I am earning more than ever.

9 hours ago, FredGallaher said:

Good for her. CMU is a top ranked university and provides world class education. I'm sure she will do very well. If she can speak English as well she will be much sought after in the corporate world. Being able to effectively speak English is essential in international trade and or many other fields. You must be a proud papa.

Once again Chiang Mai University is ranked in a tie for the 188th best in Asia

Nothing world class about that

https://www.usnews.com/education/best-global-universities/chiang-mai-university-500257

• Like 2

5 hours ago, brokenbone said:

dr, banker, the usual stuff, go to a bank or hospital

and you will see them.

yes, they dont walk about in town looking for a beer bar

with happy hour drinks

went to the bank, some jackoff guard opened the door for me. all the tellers were female.

Edited by fhickson

23 hours ago, FredGallaher said:

Ok where did you study and for what degrees. US News focuses on US schools so should be taken with a grain of salt. I have always found graduates from major Thai universities on a par with others.

Best Global Universities list.

Look up the world global.

On 9/18/2019 at 7:00 AM, FredGallaher said:

It really depends of skill set. At 70, I returned to the US for 5 months to please the wife. I decided that 5 months were too long to do nothing so I contacted my former employer and got hired back. This was pre-Trump time and high unemployment, but because I had licenses and certifications. I was hired over the phone. I simply faxed everything to HR and had a job shortly after returning. I enjoyed the work but because it put me in a higher tax bracket didn't earn as much as I thought. Therefore it can be done if you have special skills that are in demand. 

Many people with a lifetime of work might have special skills that they don't realize they have.

thats a lucky draw with your former employer, not real world job seeking for someone over 50 with a large gap year from fukking around in SEA. most would be lucky to get a job delivering pizzas or walmart greeter. once you leave the rat race its real hard to start over, except at the bottom.

On 8/13/2019 at 1:56 PM, spidermike007 said:

There is one absolute truth about meeting women here. Take your time getting to know them. You have no idea who they are in the first year. Alot push the agenda and try to move things along. I always push back. And take my time. Some do not like that and they walk away. No issues. See ya!  

Look, if it is good, it is only going to get better over time. And if she is a loser, a thief, emotionally undeveloped, an idiot, a scam artist, a fool, or is carrying alot of unresolved baggage from her childhood, time will reveal all of that. So, take your time and do not allow her to push you around. 

Still single huh??

I can understand why.

On 8/14/2019 at 2:03 PM, spidermike007 said:

Great insight. Totally agree. Being over 55 in the US, without an outstanding wife or a fortune sucks. Not much of a life. 

isn't that the same everywhere? if you are broke you are broke. The outstanding wife won't be around long once the money is gone.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, emptypockets said:

Still single huh??

I can understand why.

Been happily married and with the same amazing gal, for over a decade. And you know what? She really appreciates the fact that I am a man, rather than an emasculated wallflower. And I am appreciative that she is capable of manifesting the dignity and elegance within femininity, on a daily basis. She is not trying to be a man. And I adore her for that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I left my home country many years ago and have live most of my life abroad. I have no wish to ever return to my home country and also I am sure my wife would never be allowed a long-term visa there. So we are only left with other options than my home country.

However, I do not feel "stuck" at all, but instead feel FREE! Having lived in many different contries, I have learnt it is not about where you live, but about how you live and especially who you live with.

I might not be secured by a social welfare system, like my childhood friends in my home country. But I on the other hand wake up every morning to nice weather and wife that is always happy and a pure joy to live with. 

What more do you really need in life?

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

Been happily married and with the same amazing gal, for over a decade. And you know what? She really appreciates the fact that I am a man, rather than an emasculated wallflower. And I am appreciative that she is capable of manifesting the dignity and elegance within femininity, on a daily basis. She is not trying to be a man. And I adore her for that.

Oh for goodness sake..once a week...a dollop of "You Tarzan-me Jane!"-err..no I think its the other way round...

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Odysseus123 said:

Oh for goodness sake..once a week...a dollop of "You Tarzan-me Jane!"-err..no I think its the other way round...

Yep, some guys have a really hard time with the concept of a man being a man, and a woman being a woman. It just boggles the mind of alot of Westerners, that this is even possible. After a lifetime of indoctrination, one tends to believe what they are told. Be a good boy Johhny. Follow directions or else. 

• Like 2

Just now, spidermike007 said:

Yep, some guys have a really hard time with the concept of a man being a man, and a woman being a woman. It just boggles the mind of alot of Westerners, that this is even possible. After a lifetime of indoctrination, one tends to believe what they are told. Be a good boy Johhny. Follow directions or else. 

It would certainly help if your viewpoint was fresh and new-but it isn't as you post it week after week-and,after all,familiarity breeds contempt..

Actually,I am beginning to wonder whether your posts are on some form of Auto-Redial.

A bit like the Nigerians calling me from the Ivory Coast all this week.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Odysseus123 said:

Good for you.

But you are in the same boat are you not?

Not really 'stuck' here.

I've got enough income/savings to rent a house in Durham, and take my gf (settlement) and son (Brit citizen) back with me. I just don't want to go, and neither does she.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Full of wisdom aren't you oh special one.

Back in the real world..

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Not really 'stuck' here.

I've got enough income/savings to rent a house in Durham, and take my gf (settlement) and son (Brit citizen) back with me. I just don't want to go, and neither does she.

I thought you were poor, most of the posts you make give that appearance.

On 8/11/2019 at 7:20 PM, bowerboy said:

Thanks for this and yes completely agreed....

Plus I want my kids to be in a system where they get to enjoy life with a safety net and a society that truly values the young as the key to the country’s future...

Plus school fees as mentioned...not to mention insurance, possibility for wife to work part time, qualifying for Medicare and pensions etc

spoken like a true american...  " a society that truly values the young...."    .

Guess you drank some of that kool aid.    pardon my cynicism ( we americans value freedom of thought, right bb ?)

• Like 1

Just now, rumak said:

spoken like a true american...  " a society that truly values the young...."    .

Guess you drank some of that kool aid.    pardon my cynicism ( we americans value freedom of thought, right bb ?)

What gas mask do you intend to use in the coming months?

The British 1916 pattern ('ave a cup o' tea) or

The French 1917-who gives a foutu style?

5 minutes ago, Odysseus123 said:

What gas mask do you intend to use in the coming months?

The British 1916 pattern ('ave a cup o' tea) or

The French 1917-who gives a foutu style?

i know i can expect that post from you when you are having an  OH DIS IS IT   day.   123

Back to the tread at hand....  I do have to take the side of  007 and BM2 on this one.   In my jungle its

me Tarzan and you Jane.   We are very happy with that arrangement,  I lot more so than the " a happy life is a happy wife " crowd.    Funny,  The ones I meet like that never look very happy. My Jane is a lucky girl, and she would tell you herself but she is out cutting the grass  ????

20190530_143609.jpg

20190717_070518.jpg

• Like 2