transferring company owned house to Thai girlfriend

31 minutes ago, Tomahawk21 said:

and ur so clever right ? 555

No, just realistic ????

Or have you seen any Farang stay in that house in a remote village, alone, after they split up?

Most people pack their bags and are out of there if that happens. There is not much left for you to be in that village.

Have you been to a village, or maybe you are in a village right now, I don't know you? But what would you do?

6 hours ago, jimn said:

I did what you are suggesting a few years ago and transfered house to my wife.

Close company 10,000 baht

Transfer land/house 180,000 baht

Expensive but I got fed up with paying 10k per year for false company accounta and the yearly letters asking me to prove the company was real.

Where's the saving?

You'll probably be dead before you 'save' the 190k you just spent (19 years x 10k).

I gotta go with TG911, lots of the posters on this thread appear brain dead already.

4 hours ago, TG911 said:

Congratulations, less hassles and no yearly fees, but realistically, house gone. You never know your future and what can happen.

It could be her fault, kicking you out, it could be your fault, finding someone else, it could be no ones fault, a car accident (hope this will not happen).

If it's on your name, you wife will always have access to your house, she's a Thai in Thailand ... (or you simple state this in your will)

Now you have no leg to stand on if anything unexpected happens.

In any case, now she has exclusive access, and you zero. The only thing left for you is having to sell the house within a year (try that), should anything happen to her.

Thanks for your insight. We have been together 8 years and married for 4 years. I am happy she will get the house after I expire. If something happens before that then Thai law will decide who gets what its no different to what happens in the West. If push comes to shove I still have my property in the UK. If you marry someone, she is entitled to something out of the marriage if it fails, why do some blokes try to avoid that. At this time I see no reason why my marriage will fail and I have no regrets of my actions.

2 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Where's the saving?

You'll probably be dead before you 'save' the 190k you just spent (19 years x 10k).

I gotta go with TG911, lots of the posters on this thread appear brain dead already.

Just another sad bitter old man on this forum. You fail to realise I didnt do it to save money, I wanted to do it for many other reasons. 

1 minute ago, BritManToo said:

I'd rather be a bitter old man, than a homeless old fool.

Never be homeless pal, I have not put all my eggs in one basket, like you have. Pray tell me what your housing situation is, based on that I might have an idea of where your bittet comments originate.

54 minutes ago, jimn said:

If something happens before that then Thai law will decide who gets what its no different to what happens in the West

Thai law, great, same as the West, are you sure? I don't know, maybe ...

You could have avoided some trouble for unforeseen issues by staying more in control.

She would have gotten the house anyways if something happened to you. 

It's her house now ok, you better behave ???? She can sell it anytime without even asking you, or not?

Strange things are happening here with title deeds if people get into debt and need money fast.

Or you get the family against you, or whatever. If you have lived here for any given number of years, you know that 

title deeds get shuffled around for almost everything.

Did you at least got a 30 year lease on it?

Of course we all wish each other all the best in our homes with our girls, but you got to keep a bit of control, and you just gave it away. You got a good heart, Thai girls love that.

Anyways, no argues, and no one is bitter, it's just a discussion ... it's your money and your decisions and you are happy with it. All that counts.

All the best to you and your wife. 

41 minutes ago, jimn said:

Never be homeless pal, I have not put all my eggs in one basket, like you have. Pray tell me what your housing situation is, based on that I might have an idea of where your bittet comments originate.

I have a 3 bedroom house near Chiang Mai, mortgage repayments to SCB are 10,900bht/month (22 years left).

My former (bar girl) wife couldn't make the repayments when we divorced, so I got the house in the settlement, and the kids. If my former wife dies, I get 1.5Mbht to pay off the loan from her compulsory mortgage linked life insurance and the house will be given to my son (he's 8 years old now).

I think I have everything covered, except my VISA to stay in Thailand, that's always problematic.

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

I think I have everything covered

Good to hear. It sounds like the mortgage, and her not being able to pay it off, gave you some control over the situation. Or she wasn't even interested to do it. Maybe that's just too much work. A title deed is expected to be handed over on a silver plate (just being cynical now).

Based on your experience with the law and the things you went through, in your opinion, how would it have ended up if the house would have been paid off and the title deed fully on her name?

The 10,000 baht you are paying in tax every year would be well worth it if the company is genuinely trading.  If its not then its a complete waste of money.  A company set up purely to 'own' land is illegal as its circumvention of the Thai Land Law. There is a specific clause in that law that refers to circumvention - its available in English, you might like to read it.

1 hour ago, TG911 said:

Based on your experience with the law and the things you went through, in your opinion, how would it have ended up if the house would have been paid off and the title deed fully on her name?

I would have been out in a goddamned second (or dead).

But not making the payments would have probably cost her the family farm, so I had leverage.

3 hours ago, BritManToo said:

I have a 3 bedroom house near Chiang Mai, mortgage repayments to SCB are 10,900bht/month (22 years left).

My former (bar girl) wife couldn't make the repayments when we divorced, so I got the house in the settlement, and the kids. If my former wife dies, I get 1.5Mbht to pay off the loan from her compulsory mortgage linked life insurance and the house will be given to my son (he's 8 years old now).

I think I have everything covered, except my VISA to stay in Thailand, that's always problematic.

Good on you its going to be a long hard slog paying off 10,900 £294 a month for 22 years. What happens if you pass away first? Who will pay for it then? As none of us can own land in Thailand you only got the house not the land I take it. Best of luck to you, I am lucky enough to be mortgage free, UK and Thsiland.

23 minutes ago, jimn said:

Good on you its going to be a long hard slog paying off 10,900 £294 a month for 22 years. What happens if you pass away first? Who will pay for it then? As none of us can own land in Thailand you only got the house not the land I take it. Best of luck to you, I am lucky enough to be mortgage free, UK and Thsiland.

You can own anything you get in a divorce settlement.

57 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

You can own anything you get in a divorce settlement.

Are you saying that land can be granted to you in a divorce settlement?  Is that by a court? If so, do they not add a rider stating that you have to sell it within 12 months as they do when you inherit a property from your wife?

2 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Might as well ask why any man gets married.

It appears to be a deal where you can only lose.

exactly, been married 1 time in the UK when i was young dumb and full of cum. once i reliesed the whole thing is a scam i got out of it the best way i could and would NEVER  make the same mistake a second time. unlike many here, sad.

On ‎8‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 7:31 PM, TG911 said:

5555 How does marriage make it better? 

If it's a house in her village, it's not yours, it's her's. Safe any future costs. Better for your bank account.

If it's a house somewhere in a more popular area, with more potential buyers around, keep it on your name, pay the 10k admin fees per year and sell it at least for half price if you have to.

How difficult of a decision can it be. Your advise was the worst of the day ???? Unless you were joking, sarcasm, and it flew just right over my head ???? Oh, just see your nickname is empty pockets. It was sarcasm, sorry I missed it! Too funny ????

Why did you buy a house in a company name in the first place? What do the other majority Thai shareholders say about you proposal to sell THEIR asset? 

On ‎8‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 8:35 PM, TG911 said:

People are non stop complaining about tightening immigration rule requirements, but never change to push all the Baht's up a Thai girls bum, just like that. No problem.

There you go honey, a 2 million property on your name. Everybody happy. And I safe 10k company fees per year. Really?

Funny reading all of this over the years. Amazing Farangs in Thailand ????

Get a grip on yourself and your wallet!

The 2 million property is not in your name mate. Get a grip on your wallet not your dick.

On ‎8‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 3:50 PM, BritManToo said:

Sad. 22 years on a mortgage for, a most likely, retiree. You reckon you'll ever see it paid off?

Archived