BANGKOK 19 August 2019 20:16
Tonyt00

transferring company owned house to Thai girlfriend

23 minutes ago, jimn said:

Good on you its going to be a long hard slog paying off 10,900 £294 a month for 22 years. What happens if you pass away first? Who will pay for it then? As none of us can own land in Thailand you only got the house not the land I take it. Best of luck to you, I am lucky enough to be mortgage free, UK and Thsiland.

You can own anything you get in a divorce settlement.

57 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Are you saying that land can be granted to you in a divorce settlement?  Is that by a court? If so, do they not add a rider stating that you have to sell it within 12 months as they do when you inherit a property from your wife?

Edited by KhaoYai

3 hours ago, BritManToo said:

I am sure you cant own land, I dont believe that at all I am afraid. I would check that if I was you.

18 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Clever enough not to hand her another 190k.

why would any fool put his self in that positions in the first place ? 

Edited by Tomahawk21
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Tomahawk21 said:

why would any fool put his self in that positions in the first place ? 

Might as well ask why any man gets married.

It appears to be a deal where you can only lose.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, BritManToo said:

I take it that was wrong then (as you didn't answer my earlier question).

2 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Might as well ask why any man gets married.

It appears to be a deal where you can only lose.

exactly, been married 1 time in the UK when i was young dumb and full of cum. once i reliesed the whole thing is a scam i got out of it the best way i could and would NEVER  make the same mistake a second time. unlike many here, sad.

• Like 1

On 8/11/2019 at 3:33 AM, Tonyt00 said:

I have a two bed room house in a village, and thinking about transferring it to my girlfriend.

where will you live?

Anyways, I think it's enough discussion for this topic for me. It's not my business what guys do with their girlfriends, not my money either. 

On ‎8‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 7:31 PM, TG911 said:

5555 How does marriage make it better? 

If it's a house in her village, it's not yours, it's her's. Safe any future costs. Better for your bank account.

If it's a house somewhere in a more popular area, with more potential buyers around, keep it on your name, pay the 10k admin fees per year and sell it at least for half price if you have to.

How difficult of a decision can it be. Your advise was the worst of the day 😉 Unless you were joking, sarcasm, and it flew just right over my head 😉 Oh, just see your nickname is empty pockets. It was sarcasm, sorry I missed it! Too funny 😉

Why did you buy a house in a company name in the first place? What do the other majority Thai shareholders say about you proposal to sell THEIR asset? 

On ‎8‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 8:35 PM, TG911 said:

People are non stop complaining about tightening immigration rule requirements, but never change to push all the Baht's up a Thai girls bum, just like that. No problem.

There you go honey, a 2 million property on your name. Everybody happy. And I safe 10k company fees per year. Really?

Funny reading all of this over the years. Amazing Farangs in Thailand 😉

Get a grip on yourself and your wallet!

The 2 million property is not in your name mate. Get a grip on your wallet not your dick.

On ‎8‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 3:50 PM, BritManToo said:

I have a 3 bedroom house near Chiang Mai, mortgage repayments to SCB are 10,900bht/month (22 years left).

My former (bar girl) wife couldn't make the repayments when we divorced, so I got the house in the settlement, and the kids. If my former wife dies, I get 1.5Mbht to pay off the loan from her compulsory mortgage linked life insurance and the house will be given to my son (he's 8 years old now).

I think I have everything covered, except my VISA to stay in Thailand, that's always problematic.

Sad. 22 years on a mortgage for, a most likely, retiree. You reckon you'll ever see it paid off?