EU's Juncker tells Britain: no-deal Brexit will hurt you the most

rooster59

3 minutes ago, nauseus said:

Jean Claude on the introduction of the Euro

"We decide on something, leave it lying around, and wait and see what happens. If no one kicks up a fuss, because most people don't understand what has been decided, we continue step by step until there is no turning back."

Link?

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

maybe you have a problem reading English, which part of the " still not making any sense"  didn't you understood,  be so kind to read #49 one more time, but slower this time 555

It's staring at you pal; fortunately I (we) don't do 'ficker than us'! ????

1 hour ago, Jip99 said:

The EU exports more to the UK than the UK exports to the EU.

As a whole, not as has been pointed out, by a single country. The EU will continue to export to the UK because they have products that the British consumer wants, they will just have to pay more for it. In fact buying a BMW or Mercedes that is even more expensive than before is a status lure. Cars from the continent cost more in the UK than they do on the continent and always have done anyway because the British are prepared to pay the price which is why grey imports happened.

1 hour ago, Jip99 said:

Maybe.

Maybe not, there is more to the world than the EU.

Still the point is missed, there is going to be a price to independence from the EU; if that is dearer French Merlot, then I will either pay more or I will buy Chilean.

I can live without Gouda and salami.

Thing is, the UK will not be able to take advantage of the EU/Chile FTA agreement after leaving the EU without a deal. So that bottle from Chile may all of a sudden be more expensive to buy in the UK too, not just French Merlot.  

Leaving does not only affect trade between the UK and the EU. 

5 hours ago, rooster59 said:

A no-deal Brexit would hurt Britain more than the rest of Europe no matter how much Prime Minister Boris Johnson's government pretends otherwise, outgoing European Commission President Jean-Claude Juncker said in remarks published on Saturday.

He seems very nervous. Which means Boris is winning.

2 hours ago, bristolboy said:

As against Boris Johnson, who will lie on any occasion, serious or not.

Whataboutry, pass the book, he said, she said. Admit the truth and stop deflecting everytime a post doesn't go to your liking.

23 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

As a whole, not as has been pointed out, by a single country. The EU will continue to export to the UK because they have products that the British consumer wants, they will just have to pay more for it. In fact buying a BMW or Mercedes that is even more expensive than before is a status lure. Cars from the continent cost more in the UK than they do on the continent and always have done anyway because the British are prepared to pay the price which is why grey imports happened.

The EU is not a single country as people like you keep reminding us.

Grey imports are a thing of the past.... the UK market was pushed down - to nearer to European prices - years ago.

48 minutes ago, tomacht8 said:

Parallel negotiations with China and the USA? I think Donald and the Chinese both will not like that.

It seems the Eumainers don't like it either, they remind me of my last wife, she didn't want me, but she didn't want anybody else to want me either. Do you think the UK is having an affair with the USA or are we just good friends?

2 minutes ago, vogie said:

It seems the Eumainers don't like it either, they remind me of my last wife, she didn't want me, but she didn't want anybody else to want me either. Do you think the UK is having an affair with the USA or are we just good friends?

I remember when we had good friends in Europe.....

Just now, fishtank said:

Johnson and his cronies could not care less as it wont affect them.

As long as they get their right wing ideology over the line they could not care less about ordinary people.

Don't talk rubbish - your opinion is without foundation.

2 minutes ago, vogie said:

I'm not often absolutely certain of the truth behind what others tell me, but I am absolutely certain this ex-wife of yours that you have inserted into the discussion has a whole lot different views on the matter you relate. 

Its one of the reasons leaving personal stuff off the board is a good idea. 

4 minutes ago, vogie said:

I can see the next Ryder Cup in 2021 being USA & UK  versus the EU & Scotand.

23 minutes ago, John Singer said:

Thing is, the UK will not be able to take advantage of the EU/Chile FTA agreement after leaving the EU without a deal. So that bottle from Chile may all of a sudden be more expensive to buy in the UK too, not just French Merlot.  

Leaving does not only affect trade between the UK and the EU. 

Your last sentence is something most British people who support Brexit seem to miss. That Britain won't have any FTA's with anybody.

They console themselves with Farage, Boris and Gove's soothing words about 'well we'll just trade on WTO rules" without having the slightest idea what that entails or means; nor appreciating that a non EU Britain won't even be a WTO member!

They put their trust in the same group of people who lied to them before the referendum; defaulted on promises made after the referendum and now talk <deleted> about what they'll do with a no deal exit.

4 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I'm not often absolutely certain of the truth behind what others tell me, but I am absolutely certain this ex-wife of yours that you have inserted into the discussion has a whole lot different views on the matter you relate. 

Its one of the reasons leaving personal stuff off the board is a good idea. 

Don't take posts too literally especially when it opposes your views, but great to see the Eumainers up in arms when someone has the audacity to critize the great one.

6 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Boris and his ERG cronies; wealthy privileged Tories from the old boy private school network, are all backed and owned by the likes of the odious Odey.

But good old Brexiters like to believe they're doing it for patriotic reasons and care about the public. Will they wake up ever?

Archived