Ant poison

Pancho

Have you tried Borax powder?

Borax is a natural mineral with a chemical formula Na 2 B 4 O 7 • 10H 2 O. Borax also is known as sodium borate, sodium tetraborate, or disodium tetraborate. 

Sprinkle the powder across the ant trail. If the ants are entering your house through the windows and doors, sprinkle the powder across the doorway and on the window ledge. The ants will pick up the powder and carry it back to the hive for the larva to eat. The borax in the powder will kill the larva.

• Like 1

Chaindrite has so far killed every insect i've used it for, including all types of ants. The "problem" is that it just kills them (quite fast), and that they don't carry it back home, so it won't eliminate the hive.

This "ARS ant killer" bait which they carry back home and which you can buy at most shops seemed to have no effect, the whole package was gone within a few days, but the ants kept comming.

Because we couldn't get rid of the ants like this, my landlord contracted a pest control company. I don't know what chemicals they used, i just saw them spraying arround and under the house (my landlord explained that the house has pipes for this purpose into which they inject the chemicals), but since they did this, about three months ago, i didn't have a single ant in the house.

• Like 1

We had an ant problem in the condo that wasn't very severe.  Ants work by leaving their own chemical trail when foraging for food.  Other ants follow the trail.  If it leads to food then more ants follow strengthening the chemical effect.  This means that you can get rid of them without poisonous sprays.  Just first clean very completely everywhere there might be traces of food in drawers, on shelves, etc.  Then when you see ants clean that area with a strong cleaner like Mr. Muscle, but anything will do.  Do that whenever you see them and they will disappear in a short time.

• Like 1

Have you tried Borax powder?
Borax is a natural mineral with a chemical formula Na 2 B 4 O 7 • 10H 2 O. Borax also is known as sodium borate, sodium tetraborate, or disodium tetraborate. 
https://www.wikihow.com/Kill-Ants-Using-Borax Sprinkle the powder across the ant trail. If the ants are entering your house through the windows and doors, sprinkle the powder across the doorway and on the window ledge. The ants will pick up the powder and carry it back to the hive for the larva to eat. The borax in the powder will kill the larva.  

I’ve tried 25% bleach solution, works around 24 hrs. Also liquid dish soap 10%. Soap seems to have a lasting impact 3-4days. Thanks I’ll try all suggestions. Cheers.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

If they're in the lawn, use a combination of liquid dish soap and vegetable oil -- a few  teaspoons of each per quart of water. It may take 3 or 4 applications, but it will work. I had a large infestation and used a squeeze bottle to get some of it down the biggest holes and poured the rest over top. It's a good way to go as there are no toxic ingredients used, and it won't harm the grass. The dish soap emulsifies the oil and allows it to coat the ants which suffocates them. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I used the”bayer “ product from Lazada, seems to be working in the test areas. The little guys just re locate. It is a little pricey but effective. Common sense, neurotically clean, bayer product,10%bleach+5% dishwasher liquid and water in a cheap sprayer..........ITS ON...... I’m liking the talcum powder angle. Any particular brand/ flavor?. Thanks all.Oh, and I picked up some non sanded tile grout, and having true satisfaction hunting and sealing little access gaps in the ceramic tile joints .Little bastards.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

20 hours ago, Pancho said:

Well, I used the”bayer “ product from Lazada, seems to be working in the test areas. The little guys just re locate. It is a little pricey but effective. Common sense, neurotically clean, bayer product,10%bleach+5% dishwasher liquid and water in a cheap sprayer..........ITS ON...... I’m liking the talcum powder angle. Any particular brand/ flavor?. Thanks all.Oh, and I picked up some non sanded tile grout, and having true satisfaction hunting and sealing little access gaps in the ceramic tile joints .Little bastards.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

I use the talcum powder available in 20 baht shops - no preference to taste or smell.

Have tried dog flea powder, seems to work.

When rain is on the way ants will move house,

On 8/12/2019 at 9:40 AM, Issanman said:

This works very well on the smaller ants:

bayer.jpg.2c1a404587638adee31ef66a16892069.jpg

^

A colony of little black ants invaded my kitchen a while back.

Bayer Quantum totally nuked them sumbitches.

• Like 2