Embarrassing! Electronic Monitoring bracelets can be removed by soap

rooster59

9 hours ago, ChipButty said:

KY does the trick

9 hours ago, colinneil said:

You talking from personal experience?????

It solved the rumbling noise from the windscreen wiper gearbox on my old Mazda pick up.

I hasten to add, it was recommended by my mechanic - I don't normally carry it in the glove box...

1 hour ago, bluesofa said:

The R&D involved in altering a novelty golf ball finder to become the GT200 bomb detector must have taken many, many days - well, both days anyway (including the time on the golf course).

source: https://explosivedetectorfrauds.blogspot.com/2013/11/some-more-good-news.html  

But not a single golf ball was smuggled into Thailand while they were being used.

More interesting, wasn't it Prayuth that approved the purchase and stood by the effectiveness of them even after they were proven to be fake?

"reporters asked “army chief Prayuth Chan-ocha if the GT200 had actually been taken out of service.” The response was an emphatic no. Then the now premier and more than fours years as The Dictator, stated: “I affirm that the device is still effective. Other armed forces are also using it…”.

32 minutes ago, Reigntax said:
2 hours ago, bluesofa said:

The R&D involved in altering a novelty golf ball finder to become the GT200 bomb detector must have taken many, many days - well, both days anyway (including the time on the golf course).

source: https://explosivedetectorfrauds.blogspot.com/2013/11/some-more-good-news.html  

But not a single golf ball was smuggled into Thailand while they were being used.

More interesting, wasn't it Prayuth that approved the purchase and stood by the effectiveness of them even after they were proven to be fake?

"reporters asked “army chief Prayuth Chan-ocha if the GT200 had actually been taken out of service.” The response was an emphatic no. Then the now premier and more than fours years as The Dictator, stated: “I affirm that the device is still effective. Other armed forces are also using it…”.

Edited 24 minutes ago by Reigntax

He said the important thing was it gave a sense of security to the military personnel using the device.

They could obviously find their balls faster with it.

11 hours ago, rooster59 said:

The EM device is used to make sure wearers keep to a 10 pm curfew and don't do things like drive vehicles or tamper with witnesses in various cases. 

How does it know if you are driving or a passenger ?

11 hours ago, rooster59 said:

There was better news if the device was placed on the ankle - it could be removed but it would need to be broken creating a signal to that affect to alert the authorities to take action

Rubbish. You just cut your foot off and away you go .....duh.

A bit slower and straight to a hospital but ......when you've had a few Lao Khaos , not an issue.

3 minutes ago, NE1 said:
12 hours ago, rooster59 said:

The EM device is used to make sure wearers keep to a 10 pm curfew and don't do things like drive vehicles or tamper with witnesses in various cases. 

I was more interested in the idea of tampering with witnesses.

Just how many cases do the witnesses have, to allow you to tamper with them?

2 hours ago, NE1 said:

The speed of movement I am guessing . Not counting steps but the gps movement but yes would not know if driving or passenger unless some pressure censors also fitted

Archived