How much alcohol do you drink in a month?

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Forgot “the good times” when I used to drink, at weekends, whiskeys and beers like water .
Actually (60yo)...A cup of Good Red Wine for lunch, another one for dinner and extra beer when meet with friends. That’s all.

46 minutes ago, Rimmer said:

I also don't drink, not one signal drop passes my lips year in year out. Regret I also dislike seeing drunks and even dislike the many TV interludes that show people drinking, why do they promote drinking as such a good thing to do I wonder :bah:

To alleviate the boredom I happen to be a TV Mod that's more than enough to fill the spare time and not get bored :biggrin:

Where do you get your kippers is what I'd like to know.:biggrin::tongue:

21 minutes ago, ratcatcher said:

Where do you get your kippers is what I'd like to know.:biggrin::tongue:

Dunno!  Lister usually gets them but we had a small problem the other day so haven't any for a while:

Rimmer: “What’s that smell? Has there been a fire in here?”
Lister: “Just a small one. I put it out with my beer.”
Rimmer: “For goodness sake Lister that’s terrible!”
Lister: “Don’t panic, I’ve got another one…”

2 hours ago, kellersphuket said:

i'm guessing most of you guys (like me) enjoy a drink here?

zero to MAYBE one beer or glass or wine a month. and only during social occasions like dinner. never alone.

really don't like the negative affects it has upon your body. 

Perhaps five drinks in a month. Just not much fun to sit around and drink beer all day. If I did so, I would have to write off my life as over already. However, when I am back in the US, I do drink great wine. Though not every day. And it is outstanding stuff, and sheer joy to consume! And rarely to the point where I am drunk. 

1 hour ago, thaiguzzi said:

Jeez.

Remind me not to invite any of you lot out to party....

No need to drink to have fun, i talk enough without alcohol. I guess some people can't enjoy themselves without alcohol. I don't have a problem with people drinking only with annoying drunks. 

I do drink maybe a few times a year if the occasion arises but dislike the taste. 

2 hours ago, kellersphuket said:

for those guys who dont drink, what do you do to alleviate the boredom here?? 

my hobby is chasing Thai women. that works for me. do you have any hobbies?

seriously i have a few hobbies. i spend a lot of time planning my next motorcycle trip or riding on the train trip.  

and actually I don't like the affect of losing control over my better judgment. 

If I go into a bar I drink soda water and the girls hate that because they can't take advantage of you.

for me alcohol is a daily release form the burdens of living in such a boring place. I guess im an alcoholic but without the shakes (never had them in my life) but i do need a drink, otherwise I would probably end it all tomorrow.

OP, that sounds alarming. You can't control alcohol, but alcohol controls you. My daddy passed away when he's only 50 and he's an alcoholic.

I usually have a (Leo) beer in the evening, but the times are over where I get drunk. Why paying for a hangover that makes you feel like a zombie?

I don't like to talk to drunk people because they usually see all wrong, except their own wrongdoing.

Your liver will one day say <deleted> and will turn into a fat liver. From there it's only a short walk to a cirrhosis. Now you're bored, pretty soon, you'll be too sick to be bored.

Find something that gets you of that shi_e and start some exercises, or travel a bit. The government hospitals will help you to get away from alc, but only if you want it.

Alcohol is like heroin. People who are addicted to these drugs do not see the trees in the forest. You think you feel good when drunk, but please ask friends what they think of you. ( If you even have some).

I really enjoyed my holidays in Italy and Spain because the wine flowed daily. Their culture, meals had wine on the table, bloody brilliant.

I have always drunk wine or beer because I like it, but never drink wine in LOS, always been crap, beer not much better, but I am not about to stop that pleasure.

I definitely enjoy a beer or two. We (OK I) average a slab of Chang per week, maybe a little more if there's a public holiday or we have visitors over the weekend.

An evening out with "The Lads" once a month only.

2 large Chang lites (if i can find them) with the footie on a sat or sun, and the odd 2 in the week. I drink coke light round the pool with the ex-pats - who mostly seem to drink soft drinks also. 

Goes up only if the Thai relatives come round - which thankfully is not often - or I fall out with the wife and go to the local bars and get plastered - which thankfully is even less often

49 minutes ago, robblok said:

No need to drink to have fun, i talk enough without alcohol. I guess some people can't enjoy themselves without alcohol. I don't have a problem with people drinking only with annoying drunks. 

I do drink maybe a few times a year if the occasion arises but dislike the taste. 

Alcohol on its own does not have a taste. It is the hops, grapes, peat, which give drinks their wonderful taste.

I was smoking and drinking until my body couldn’t take it anymore. My favourite was vodka. Stopped smoking and drinking 6 years ago my health improved a lot but to be honest, I do miss the social drinking. I am never bored because I run a business. I like driving super cars and this cannot be combined with drinking.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Just now, wgdanson said:

Alcohol on its own does not have a taste. It is the hops, grapes, peat, which give drinks their wonderful taste.

You think its a wonderful taste I disagree, I just don't like beer or spirits. But to each his or her own. The only beer that i like a bit that is available in Thailand is "Hoegaarden" but even that does not match a nice mango juice. 

2 minutes ago, robblok said:

You think its a wonderful taste I disagree, I just don't like beer or spirits. But to each his or her own. The only beer that i like a bit that is available in Thailand is "Hoegaarden" but even that does not match a nice mango juice. 

Hoegaarden, one of the stronger Belgian beers, lovely stuff. 

I just put on 6 litres of watermelon juice to ferment, see how it goes!

Had a bar for years, and was on it every day. Not clever, but it was part and parcel of being in the game.

Nowadays, I raely bother, and I walk 5k most mornings before the sun rises, but do meet up with the ex customers a couple of times a month, when we "get on it" ! 

I love being sober, but the couple of days out are something to look forward to, when we reminisce about the good old days around 2005 and onwards.

12 minutes ago, Aforek said:

Not at all anymore; when I was in my country France, I liked to drink red wine with cheese, but here cheese is not the same, and I don't enjoy beer anymore;  I don't miss and I don't need alcohol anymore

But you miss the cheeses yeh?   LOL

Archived