How much alcohol do you drink in a month?

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, wgdanson said:

I was referring to the fact that the King's song comes on telly at 6pm. Did you think I meant the 8am rendition?    LOL

Yes, I know. Perhaps you read my last comment again. Btw., I guess many things happen at 6 pm - and none of them is a reason that I don´t drink before 6 pm. Also it doesn´t mean I start exactly at 6 pm, it depends where I am, if I am thirsty and so on. Often I drink no alcohol during a couple of days.

1 hour ago, wgdanson said:

Coke Light probably has more unhealthy chemicals in it than almost any alcoholic drink. Aspartame!

It was being used as an contraception by many women many moons ago.

“Coca-Cola douches had become a part of contraceptive folklore during the 1950s and 1960s, when other birth-control methods were hard to come by,”

And I've seen people who drink that stuff! 

More here: https://www.newscientist.com/article/dn14864-coca-cola-douches-scoop-ig-nobel-prize/

1 minute ago, CNXexpat said:

Yes, I know. Perhaps you read my last comment again. Btw., I guess many things happen at 6 pm - and none of them is a reason that I don´t drink before 6 pm. Also it doesn´t mean I start exactly at 6 pm, it depends where I am, if I am thirsty and so on. Often I drink no alcohol during a couple of days.

Be careful what you're doing in "the hours of nighttime." TIT for god's sake!

7 minutes ago, kellersphuket said:

well I say, never thought I would see so many T Totalers here!!!

who are all these dudes I see on stools in Phuket then? obviously not TV members!

Im jsut about to order a double rum and coke starting my Sunday shift.

Have a good one yaLL!

Well sounds like the good time for a sunday afternoon drink but I wonder the same thing often, the sound from here doesn't resonate with expats in real, just a few. Many here still believe tourism / real estate is good as well and visa's should not be complained about hehe.

25 minutes ago, kellersphuket said:

well I say, never thought I would see so many T Totalers here!!!

who are all these dudes I see on stools in Phuket then? obviously not TV members!

Im jsut about to order a double rum and coke starting my Sunday shift.

Have a good one yaLL!

Enjoy your medicine! Your idol in your Avatar is often changing his blood and gets all poison out. That's why he's still alive.

Even Keith has got huge problems.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/let-it-bleed/

I've had liver problems caused by a Hep. C, you don';t want to experience that, believe me. The liver doesn't have nerves, but when you feel pain it's often too late.

Stop drinking yourself stupid! 

I love the taste of beer.  That bitterness on your palate on a hot day is most refreshing. 

I've tried to replace it with lemon drink or soda water but it just doesn't cut it. 

Fortunately I have discovered low alcohol or even no alcohol beer. Some of it tastes terrible but others are quite ok.  I now live on heineken 00 other 2 percent beers. I still enjoy a high octane English ale but only a couple on special occasions. 

1 hour ago, steven100 said:

I drink as much piss as I can.

I'm always half pissed from early morning until I fall asleep around 8pm.

In one month, it could be 10-12 boxes. 

Telling fibbies again Steven, how do I know? Well your still alive.:cheesy:

6 hours ago, kellersphuket said:

for those guys who dont drink, what do you do to alleviate the boredom here?? 

Don't drink... just never liked the taste and there was no buzz, just made me sleepy...

If you have concerns with boredom, I hope you drink alone. Drunks can be the most boring, semi-conscious and repetitive people I have ever encountered... 

I never drink at home unless a few mates pop round and I never drink from Sunday - Thursday because of work. 

I reckon I go to the pub 2 - 3 times a month, usually on a Friday for some happy hours onwards. That could be 3 pints, or it could be 9 pints. I don't like to limit how much I drink when I go out as I don't mind a few good sessions a month. 

One small beer a day (usually San Mig Lite) OR

One shot glass of Vodka (American, not Putinican) OR

(very rarely) One shot glass of 100 percent agave Tequila

Yes, I know -- BORING.

I guess I miss WINE but it's just too expensive here for anything at all decent. 

For a lot of things I have a very addictive personality but I think I have some kind of genetic predisposition to NOT become an alcoholic. 

With one case (20 bottles of 500 ml) I do about 2 months...Beer..German Beer..cheap..I pay 8 euros!! (without the refund). So i do not drink much...once in a while a cola with whiskey...or a Orange juice with Wodka...thats it. I dont smoke.

Once in a while i drink red wine mixed with Cola (its good...with ice in summer..vokking great)..offcourse cheapo red wine from supermarket...cost 3 euro a liter. From Macedonia...very good quality for that price.

I do have another problem...and that are the ladies.....hahahahahahahah...anyway...I try to control it..LOL...will be difficult in Thailand.

Enjoy life...but I think Thailand never is dull or boring!!!!!!! Hell no!!!

OO anmd I do not go to Thailand for drinking beer or wine...jhahahahahahaha but i think you guessed that!! ,-) wink wink..

take care all.

Hans...from Boring Germany...:-(

19 hours ago, Naam said:

my consumption per day is one glass (100ml) of a good Port. it takes me one hour to sip it puffing half of a Habana.

Port.jpg

the Mrs. asked me to write an addendum:

after we moved to thailand 14 years ago our son (only child) died because of pancreas cancer. for several months the vodka bottle was never out of my reach.

I used to be a big drinker from 16 , down to the local every night playing darts with the mates, then i got married and went out less but still drank to excess , only beer nothing else, then i got a job traveling and became a bigger drinker ( company dollar ).
Never drank alone though, always in the company of friends or colleagues. Had some real binges and some incredibly painful hangovers.
“ never again !! “ , 2 days later back on it.
Back to visit the parents could polish off a couple of bottles of my dads homemade wine easily.

But then my tastes changed, couldn’t get through a glass of wine ( any wine ), first sip or two tasted great but then I didn’t like the taste and struggled with it ?

Same thing happened with beer, found I didn’t like the taste anymore and started to drink less and less.
Probably 3 years since i last drank beer, 2 1/2 pints of cider ( strongbow dark fruit ) at my sons wedding nearly 2 years ago, a glass of Jack soda a month and a half ago on my birthday !!

No intervention from me, I just don’t feel the urge or like the taste anymore .

Archived