BANGKOK
georgegeorgia

How safe from burglary are you in isaan?

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

i planted bougainvillea which grew very fast into very thick stocks with a lot of thorns. Just about impossible to get through.

I had a 1.8m wall with glass on the top. They rolled up reed mats and placed them on the glass to clear that obstacle. If someone wants to get inside your house they will. The guys who done us were walking around inside the house before my missus woke up and they fled. Back over the same matting they used to get in. 

Edited by IvorBiggun2
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, JaiLai said:

The thought of being burgaled has never concerned me.

Never concerned me till it happened.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

i planted bougainvillea which grew very fast into very thick stocks with a lot of thorns. Just about impossible to get through.

Im just in an apartment but bougainvillea is perfect to stop people climbing round your balcony, and, some bees have decided to make their nest in it as well so anyone that tries getting thru is going to have a fun time

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, phycokiller said:

Im just in an apartment but bougainvillea is perfect to stop people climbing round your balcony, and, some bees have decided to make their nest in it as well so anyone that tries getting thru is going to have a fun time

that is funny because i also have a huge bee hive now in my bougainvillea so good luck invaders.

also my wall has 8" metal spikes that stick straight up and are spaced 6" apart.

Edited by NCC1701A
  • Like 1

No gates, everyone welcome, standard Thai style grills on windows, nothing really worth stealing, usually family sitting outside their homes round and about, off the main drag, and as said previously, home does not resemble a fully loaded farang abode. No point investing in expensive security or fencing around the home cheaper to replace items.

Currently fencing off our grass from 4 legged intruders, now that is important!!!

• Like 2

Troll/baiting post removed

2 hours ago, JaiLai said:

Dogs are easily trained only to accept food from their owner(s).

As a training exercise this is true,in real life it has been shown many times dogs will eat/drink when they get hungry.

Dogs however do a good job deterring break ins,thieves do not like barking dogs.

2 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

that is funny because i also have a huge bee hive now in my bougainvillea so good luck invaders.

also my wall has 8" metal spikes that stick straight up and are spaced 6" apart.

Ooh dear. Hope what happened to us doesn’t happen to you. The gits hppped over the wall, smoked out the bees then half-inched the nest. 

Bees went loco for 24 hours. My wife couldn’t get on the house for a day or so. 

Apparently one of the toe-rags needed hospital treatment for his stings. Such a shame

Not had any problems yard has block wall and sliding gate at entrance. 4 or 5 dogs around all the time the bark but if someone 

came in they’d be in danger of being licked .....

No problems that I’ve heard of..  live on outskirts of village.