BANGKOK
georgegeorgia

How safe from burglary are you in isaan?

22 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

Ever since i read that eerie encounter it makes me a bit nervous living in remote areas of Thailand knowing the police would probably take all night to arrive

Would you then not move to a non-remote area?

Have a house in the middle of a small, poor Isaan village. 200 odd people of whom 90% are relations. have an Isaan looking house with farang features on the inside, that I designed and built. don't really have much worth nicking, never locked, dogs and relatives all around, safe as houses....

• Haha 1

I think the key is, Colin, nothing worth nicking, a couple of TV's, PC's and not a lot else apart from clothes & household appliances, and all the outlaws know this....

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, zyphodb said:

Have a house in the middle of a small, poor Isaan village. 200 odd people of whom 90% are relations. have an Isaan looking house with farang features on the inside, that I designed and built. don't really have much worth nicking, never locked, dogs and relatives all around, safe as houses....

Sounds similar to the village we live in, except, two nights ago two people had their motorbikes stolen. The Mrs locks everything, bedrooms and front and back doors if we go anywhere.

• Sad 1

35 minutes ago, aqua4 said:

Are you telling us you are in prison?

I guess you have never been to Hua Hin.

• Like 1

On 8/11/2019 at 3:30 PM, kevc said:

One good pointer you're going go get burgled is if the dog suddenly gets poisoned.

Sent from my SM-T900 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

The Day, my Dog is poisoned, l buy a Weapon.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

On August 11, 2019 at 5:08 AM, NCC1701A said:

the house i am renting in Hua Hin is covered in bars. There are bars on the INSIDE ceilings anywhere that is not concrete. And over the entrance to the attic crawl way in the bathroom. 

all three bedroom doors have heavy duty sliding latches top and bottom. I am thinking the Thais who own this house must have had a very bad experience here as Thais never do anything proactively. I have sliding metal doors that cover the front door.

My neighbors across the street have very large shards of broken glass bottles cemented on the the top of their walls around their yard.

The rear area of my house is enclosed in chain link fence. 

Is it covered by a moat also? Glad I don't have to live this way!

How safe from burglary ? Depends on how big the show of wealth or not,  to the last 10 hookers you bought home in the past 2 days  😏