TM6 App

Just a short question I cant find anything about here after search.. Has anyone used the etm6 app for IOS and had any success with it?

I just thought I might print it out myself with details and not have to fiddle with the paper on the plane. I get an error message when I push "ok".

I mean.. everything is correctly filled out, but it doesnt go through. Its a system error busy or something to that effect.

C

How much 'fiddling' does it take to fill out a TM6 on the plane? The trolley dolly brings it to you. Or one clever thing would be to pick up a few at Immigration next time you come into Thailand, and always have a couple already filled in with you. No pen required.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

You'd need precognition to know your flight number.

OK, so that would be the only thing to fiddle with. You could of course fill it in once you have booked your flight. Personally 5 minutes filling it in is no problem whatsoever.

Edited by wgdanson
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, wgdanson said:

OK, so that would be the only thing to fiddle with. You could of course fill it in once you have booked your flight. Personally 5 minutes filling it in is no problem whatsoever.

For once I agree with you. I fly out/back los every 2 weeks. AirAsia hand out arrival cards as soon as seat belt sign off. It takes zip time to fill in. 

Amazes me people in imm line trying to fill it in. 

Useless thread. Get off ass and fill it in on plane. I always travel with 3 Biro to assist dumb folk.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

I've looked for experiences using this app. and haven't found any to date.

I've stepped through it a bit but have little udnerstanding of how it is supposed to function. I had assumed it somehow filed a TM6 digitally, with an internet connection.

Now it seems like it may be a local app, affording printing? Not sure how an individual unique number gets assigned? Or what sort of reception one might expect at arriving Imm.?

I could have used it recently but still waiting for others to trial it and report.

Immigration may wish to product one of their cartoon-y videos showing how to use it?

16 hours ago, wgdanson said:

How much 'fiddling' does it take to fill out a TM6 on the plane? The trolley dolly brings it to you. Or one clever thing would be to pick up a few at Immigration next time you come into Thailand, and always have a couple already filled in with you. No pen required.

Unless the arthritis in the fingers makes the writing almost ineligible sometimes. I always type out and print all my Immigration forms every time if possible to make them easily readable.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, BritManToo said:

You'd need precognition to know your flight number.

Why do you need that.. Going in in two weeks and have my flight number.. That is of course given on ordering the ticket..

Or maybe i misunderstood you...

On 8/12/2019 at 12:48 AM, mtls2005 said:

I've looked for experiences using this app. and haven't found any to date.

I posted my (unsuccessful) experience with the Android App a few weeks ago here:

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1113412-etm6-anyone-tried-it/?tab=comments#comment-14390088

It does need printing locally and a number was issued.

On 8/12/2019 at 9:18 AM, sumrit said:

Unless the arthritis in the fingers makes the writing almost ineligible sometimes. I always type out and print all my Immigration forms every time if possible to make them easily readable.

I scrawl them to make it as  illegible as  possible, no really i do, never had one come back yet, can always claim parkinsons or something, that or  blind drunk?

• Like 1