Tourist visa requirements in Vientiane

Do you need to provide proof of funds, an outbound ticket and proof of address when applying for a tourist visa in Vientiane? Does cash in hand count as proof of funds? Also where can you get copies of your passport and passport photos in Vientiane? How many tourist visas can you get per year? Thanks

5 hours ago, rbr1992 said:

Does cash in hand count as proof of funds?

No. Only bank statements/print outs are accepted.

5 hours ago, rbr1992 said:

Also where can you get copies of your passport and passport photos in Vientiane?

If you can’t find a copy place in town you can get copies made at the Consular Section (embassy).

• Like 1

I'm a 74 year old Aussie and got a SETV from Vientiane about two weeks ago.

They did not ask for a return ticket, proof of funds or proof of accommodation in Thailand.  They did however require a contact address in Thailand.

I'm a regular in Thailand and have many tourist visas but I only get one every year from Vientiane.  Getting the visa is only the first part as I'm often stopped and questioned at Don Meung Airport but always get through without proof of funds or return ticket.

I'm sure my age is a factor because I'm no longer a working age.

If I was the OP I would definitely provide proof of funds and accommodation.

• Like 1

Regarding photos and copies of passport etc., if you are staying in town there are several copy shops. I always use the Fuji shop on Rue Samsenthai at the corner facing the Kualao restaurant,  which is five minutes from the Nam Phu fountain. Remember you need to book your appointment at the Thai Consulate well in advance.

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

There were some posts removed several hours ago for being off topic and inflammatory that were posted with the intention of deflecting the topic.

Another comment on moderation has been removed.

The off topic posts were bringing retirement extension into the discussion and others.

A comment about moderation has been removed.

Forum rule.

'10) Do not comment on moderation publicly in the open forum; this includes individual actions, and specific or general policies and issues. This also includes posting an emoticon in response to a public notice made by a moderator. 

You may send a PM to a moderator to discuss individual actions'