Who fears the Reaper ?

8 hours ago, Ctkong said:

Yes. Buddhism believe in karma, indestructible soul, reincarnation and cycle of lives. What you are, you create your own heaven or hell because of your innate nature. A good compassionate person with service to others would have a much different body vibration( higher vibration or frequency)  than a lesser person. Ever heard of lifting your spirit ? So when you expire, your soul with the said vibration frequency would be attracted to the same vibrationary

plane which can be heaven. Vice versa for those with lower vibratory frequency being attracted to a lower plane which can be hell. What is also important in Buddhist teaching is the state of your mind at the last moment you expire. If it is in a state of fear or anger or discomfort or regret or other undesirable emotional state of mind, you may be a prisoner of your own mindset. So it is best to be hopeful of a quick and painless death without fear or anger.

This is what I gather from the teaching of Buddhism. 

Yes, I was once told by an old monk to be at peace at the time of passing as this is critical to where you go ....

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

An A/C engineer died and went to hell, and being a very handy guy, he soon had the climate control sorted and fixed the elevators. After a short time, God realised he'd made an error in sending that guy down, so he called the devil on his hotline,

GOD: Hey, that A/C engineer should be up here. Send him back up if you please!

SATAN: No way dude, he's real handy, we're keeping him!

GOD: If you don't comply, I'll sue your ass!

SATAN: Oh yeah? Where are you gonna get a lawyer? They all down here!!!!! ????????????

Ten priests died in a road traffic accident, and as they lined up at the pearly gates, St. Peter said,

"Any of you that have interfered with choir boys will not be admitted"

Nine of the priests turned and walked away ....

St Peter then shouted, "Take the deaf one with you"

1 minute ago, Essex Reject said:

Oh dear, oh very dear. I take it self awareness is not your strongest point. Think you should edit or delete your post.

well. you can take whichever meaning you like. I was, of course, referring to my mental age .....

9 hours ago, Grusa said:

I have no fear of death, as such, and I do not believe in "the other side".

I do fear the process of getting there. I really don't want to suffer. My exit strategy is planned and prepared, and I will be p***ed off if some circumstance prevents me from using it if necessary when the time comes.

same here. problem is will we have the mental as well as the physical ability to carry out what we planned without any third party assistance?

On 8/11/2019 at 4:03 PM, geronimo said:

to expand the topic a little, what do you think is on the other side?

While doing the permanent exit from this set of clothes...

you will be treated to watching the fast version of your life flash before your eyes....

You are left with a feeling for lack of better description

Your next stop is tied to that feeling As some say alike attracts alike

Funny many "religions" talk about judgement day but never tell you or know?  your going to be the judge & jury/ film critic

16 hours ago, Mansell said:

Most of the time you do know you are dead.....most religions do have life after your body dies, but I'm not going to argue about religion. Many people have awareness before they were born. But most people don't want to believe it, and march down the road of "I am right and the rest of humanity is wrong."

There is a purpose for being here, but most of us do not want to look at that as it might make us feel uncomfortable. 

Look at your life and at the things that gave you the most joy and comfort.....usually love and family and friends....and now you have the meaning of life. Now all you have to worry about is the next life.555

True story.

When I was doing my maternity training, I looked after many babies. There was one though, that after being born was looking around with what appeared to be a curious expression. After he went to sleep and woke up, he had lost that look, and was just like all the other babies- lacking any conscious thought except wanting to be fed.

I'd like to think that that baby still had the awareness from the "other side" after being born, but lost it when he went to sleep. That's why I think there is consciousness on the other side of this existence, and we go back there after we die.

20 minutes ago, mania said:

While doing the permanent exit from this set of clothes...

you will be treated to watching the fast version of your life flash before your eyes....

You are left with a feeling for lack of better description

Your next stop is tied to that feeling As some say alike attracts alike

Funny many "religions" talk about judgement day but never tell you or know?  your going to be the judge & jury/ film critic

I reckon that "life flashing before your eyes" is a myth. I thought I was going to die for sure, once, and my life did NOT flash before my eyes. All I felt was a feeling of "Oh, s<deleted>t.

23 minutes ago, Naam said:

same here. problem is will we have the mental as well as the physical ability to carry out what we planned without any third party assistance?

That is the million $ question. It's easy to kill oneself if life is bad enough, but if life isn't that bad, even though our bodies are failing and the rest home beckons with all it's horrors, will we still have the dedication to risk even worse physical impairment through a botched suicide bid?

1 hour ago, geronimo said:

well. you can take whichever meaning you like. I was, of course, referring to my mental age .....

I thought you were referring to something else:-)

Seriously, I have an old body but the mental age that I had 30 years ago. Sadly my old brain doesn't remember much about the rumpty I had since.

Archived