BANGKOK
webfact

At least one dead, 10 injured as building under construction collapses in Phuket

Posted (edited)

Good luck selling any more of these condo's once the Chinese found out about the deaths on site. 

They are superstitious and won't buy if people died in the construction process. 

Ghosts and all that.

Edited by hansgruber
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

I wonder if they had a building permit? So many of these projects get built without the required environmental impact study and building permit. 

As far as I know, there's no sort of formal inspection carried out by the amphur on permitted projects during the course of construction, which would have likely prevented this accident.

38 minutes ago, DrDave said:

I wonder if they had a building permit? So many of these projects get built without the required environmental impact study and building permit. 

As far as I know, there's no sort of formal inspection carried out by the amphur on permitted projects during the course of construction, which would have likely prevented this accident.

This construction site has been going on for a while and they have built 5 other blocks of condos this one seems like it would have been the last one I hardly think this would have gone ahead without permits and it is across the road from the Tessaban we dont know what happened yet, the local or bor tor is pretty pro active I see him around all the time

15 hours ago, Seismic said:

Nonsense, a simple google search will show many instances of bamboo scaffolding collapses.

Baan Maikhao by Sansiri comes to mind 

2 hours ago, DrDave said:

Do you honestly think that theres anyone qualified to carry out an inspection at the Amphor?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

People have lost their lives, others have suffered life changing injuries and some are still trapped beneath the debris; and you seize upon it as an opportunity to troll the comments in order to try and be humorous.

You are not funny, but you are a rather sad example of our species, and you are not welcome here.

Well said that man !!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

It looks like the scaffolding and steelwork in progress has collapsed, not the building.

28 minutes ago, zyphodb said:

Do you honestly think that theres anyone qualified to carry out an inspection at the Amphor?

Sure, for a BIG brown envelope 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, teutonian said:

Baan Maikhao by Sansiri comes to mind 

Why what happened there?

18 hours ago, webfact said:

Among the eight workers injured, five have already been discharged from hospitals.

...and are expected to turn up for duty later this afternoon...

• Sad 1

A troll post making a joke out of this tragedy has been removed, all quoted replies to it have also been removed

A further post attacking another member has been removed, you need to refresh you page before you post further in this topic.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jkcjag said:

It looks like the scaffolding and steelwork in progress has collapsed, not the building.

Exactly .... nothing to do with building plans and permission. Any construction method is not controlled other than visits (maybe) from the area building control. 

I’m shocked... SHOCKED that some of you would imply that corruption may be involved. The government has clearly stated that there will be NO corruption on their watch!

• Haha 1

Sadly, construction companies and the like,rarely seem to treat their own workers like VIPs when it comes to health and safety.

• Like 2