British paedophile jailed over indecent acts with boys

geovalin

Phnom Penh Municipal Court on Friday convicted and sentenced a British paedophile to a year and three months in jail for indecent acts against minors in Chbar Ampov district last year.

Bun Chan Heng, the defence lawyer for Stephen John Loryman, 57, yesterday noted that the court suspended three months of his client’s sentence. He said Mr Loryman, who taught English at a private school, was arrested in November at his rental apartment in the district for paying money to the parents of young boys to let them stay with him.

Mr Chan Heng noted that his client was convicted of committing indecent acts against minors. “The Council of Judges sentenced him to 15 months in jail but three months were suspended,” he said. “I have no further comment because it is the discretion of the judges.”

read more https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50632586/british-paedophile-jailed-over-indecent-acts-with-boys/

He said Mr Loryman, who taught English at a private school, was arrested in November at his rental apartment in the district for paying money to the parents of young boys to let them stay with him.

Mr Loryman was arrested by the Municipal Anti-Human Trafficking and Juvenile Protection Police. Six children, aged between nine and 13 years, were rescued from his rental house and five of them confirmed that they had been sexually abused.

What a sick bastard he is. Watch out for him, please. 

6-Stephen-John-Loryman.jpg

Named and with a published photograph.  No chance of staying under the wire now Mr Loryman.  Surely a case for deportation so he can also face the consequences in the UK.

Three months suspended?  Clearly that is about as far as a teachers salary stretches then.  Deeper pockets are needed to walk away scot free.

Steve Loryman, 57, was arrested after his home was raided by police in late November, who claim they discovered him midway through sex with one child, while three others watched on.

NINTCHDBPICT000453779524.jpg?w=620

48 minutes ago, balo said:

Steve Loryman, 57, was arrested after his home was raided by police in late November, who claim they discovered him midway through sex with one child, while three others watched on.

Police need to be commended for their restraint 

If I had walked in on that I would not have been able to restrain myself from flogging him within an inch of his life, if not further

What a disgusting creature, makes me feels sick

2 hours ago, observer90210 said:

And do not forget to jail the parents, who rented their kids for £...give them double time !

No. Too many of them are pisspoor that they even sell their kids.

Plenty of them are now selling chewing gum in Pattaya and other tourist destinations until they're old enough for the sex trade.

None of use knows how it is when you're constantly hungry and live in poverty. 

5 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I don't believe any Thais are hungry.

They can get food at the local temple if they want it.

My apologies, I meant in Cambodia. Plenty of stories on the net about parents who have no other choice than selling a child. 

1 hour ago, balo said:

As a teacher he should face double penalty. 

How can any parent "rent/sell" their child for sex with an adult? Poverty is not an excuse or reason

Surely a parents role is to protect and nurture?

Does UK have laws requiring people to register as sex offender if convicted overseas?

One hopes he faces immediate deportation on release from jail, and refused entry to other nations as a sex offender

26 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I don't believe any Thais are hungry.

They can get food at the local temple if they want it.

Which is also the reason why you see so many kiddy monks in certain provinces.

No idea what happens to them by older monks. IMO, everything's possible.

There's not much difference to a Roman Catholic Priest . 

9 minutes ago, RJRS1301 said:

How can any parent "rent/sell" their child for sex with an adult? Poverty is not an excuse or reason

Surely a parents role is to protect and nurture?

Does UK have laws requiring people to register as sex offender if convicted overseas?

One hopes he faces immediate deportation on release from jail, and refused entry to other nations as a sex offender

Have you read the Khmer article? It makes my blood boiling to read that he's not allowed to come back to Cambodia for three freaking years.

And then he can continue raping little boys? WTH is wrong here?

Please see link on first page. Insane. We should do all to make his face public all over the world with the needed information. 

" “The offender was also banned from Cambodia for three years after he completes his jail term.” That made me sick! 

Does that mean that he can come to Thailand after his jail and continue here? 

22 minutes ago, Isaanbiker said:

Does that mean that he can come to Thailand after his jail and continue here? 

Hopefully not. I hope the Cambodian Immigration service has some communication with neighboring countries re these parasites that prey/pray on children.....anywhere.

its not so much the poverty, its just different values. sex isnt so sacred to them, they dont have a belief that its going to ruin their lives forever, its more like a massage. they would rather not do it and play on their phones but as long as they get paid they dont really care, its easier then working 12 hours a day 6 days a week for a lot less money

7 minutes ago, ratcatcher said:

Hopefully not. I hope the Cambodian Immigration service has some communication with neighboring countries re these parasites that prey/pray on children.....anywhere.

It's not always the way it looks. Around 18 years ago, some Germans made a documentary about Cambodia's perverted child sex offenders.

They went to a hotel asked for some "younger girls," and the hotel clerk called a number.

Not long and two seven and eight-year-old girls brought to their hotel room, where they told them that they'd be safe and protected. 

A Cambodian translator was with them and told the girls that it would be over now and they'd help them. 

All recorded with a hidden cam and mike. When they got in touch with the cops and showed them the video footage, it turned out that the guy who brought the kids had killed eight people before.

None of the cops wanted to be involved in arresting him, and the German rescue team couldn't provide the promised security for the kids.

I'm afraid that all continued once they were gone. Unfortunately, is how some operate, often with the knowledge of the highest cops and court employees. 

I wish I'd find the documentary to let you know what I mean. It was heartbreaking to watch it. 

Attached is a file on how to Protect Chidren of Child Molestors with some good advice. 

How tpo protect children from Child Molestors.pdf

13 hours ago, Isaanbiker said:

No. Too many of them are pisspoor that they even sell their kids.

Plenty of them are now selling chewing gum in Pattaya and other tourist destinations until they're old enough for the sex trade.

None of use knows how it is when you're constantly hungry and live in poverty. 

Not to mention that many refuse to sell their children into sex slavery regardless. 

Archived