Bangkok Airways Payments

cracker1

Today I have been trying to book travel from Bangkok to Samui with Bangkok Airlines. The only option they offer for payment is with Credit Card, but my desire is to pay by Internet Banking. The website says the passenger may need to show the Credit Card before boarding or be refused travel if this can not be done. As I am booking for a young family member, this is  impossible.

I have had the Credit Card option confirmed in a telephone call to Bangkok Airways in Bangkok. Phone staff from Bangkok suggested this option my change soon ?

I suspect not many Thai travellers have Credit Cards so they will not be able to travel, and I think this new "rule" of theirs is quite absurd.

Anyone have other thoughts.

5 hours ago, Beggar said:

That is bad. Fly with a different airline to Sura Thani and take the ferry. But if I remember correctly Thai Airways also has flights from Bangkok to Koh Samui. 

Thai Airways ceased their service to Samui last year.

18 hours ago, sanmyintmaung said:

You can still buy Bangkok Airways tickets through Traveloka. It gives you options to pay via credit/debit card, Bank transfer, K PLUS, Counter Payment, Paypal, 7-11.

https://www.traveloka.com/en-th/flight/fullsearch?ap=BKKA.USM&dt=13-08-2019.NA&ps=1.0.0&sc=ECONOMY

image.png.ef0db23800e5a1094e875124d002c646.png

Something strange about Traveloka? Showing flights to Samui by Thai Airways who stopped flying that destination last year, and showing fare of 5340 TB and Bangkok Air showing fare of 2889 TB ?

Thanks for your reply.

4 hours ago, cracker1 said:

Something strange about Traveloka? Showing flights to Samui by Thai Airways who stopped flying that destination last year, and showing fare of 5340 TB and Bangkok Air showing fare of 2889 TB ?

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, those Thai Airways flights are actually code sharing flights operated by Bangkok Airways.

image.png.16a3a253083adbc746b397d24368450b.png

Archived