Pattaya: "Pretty" Thai woman arrested for offering underage sex

webfact

Pattaya: "Pretty" Thai woman arrested for offering underage sex 

2pm.jpg.d0f33f5b07ab247e0b1df3cd22b90f15.jpg

Picture: Daily News

Daily News reported that The Thai police served a warrant on a 31 year old woman who ran a bar offering underage girls for sex in Pattaya.

Sudarat Leelabut or Nanthachai, 31, known as "Orm" was arrested at a restaurant in Nong Prue, Chonburi. 

A warrant was issued for her arrest in July of 2017 on charges of offering girls over 15 and under 18 for sex and running an establishment employing underage sex workers. 

The media who called her "pretty" in their story said that Orm ran a bar in Pattaya from 2014 called "Zed Bar"(name transliterated from Thai and possibly incorrect). 

She was arrested and released with her bail returned but prosecutors later decided to press charges that were named in the warrant. 

She has been on the run since but was taken into custody on Saturday after her arrest at the restaurant.

Source: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-08-12

Whole lot of missing information here. Released and bail money returned, meaning no charges were laid, then she is supposedly on the run, but found at the original restaurant, suggesting she wasn't trying that hard to not be found. More likely she knew nothing about the prosecutors change of decision and it just took the cops two years to bother going to look for her.

1 minute ago, ThreeEyedRaven said:

Whole lot of missing information here. Released and bail money returned, meaning no charges were laid, then she is supposedly on the run, but found at the original restaurant, suggesting she wasn't trying that hard to not be found. More likely she knew nothing about the prosecutors change of decision and it just took the cops two years to bother going to look for her.

Court grant bail for a certain period of time . I believe if prosecutors did not go ahead , bond is refunded. Some what strange it took them 3 years to file charges again 

How can she be on the run if her bail money was returned.

Sounds like a senior cop goofed up with the cash remittances. She hasnt paid this month? Yes she has ,no she hadnt yes she has or hadnt.

Ok, we better arrest her again and hold a document in front of the camera.

Makes us look professional.

17 minutes ago, dunroaming said:

It's strange the way Thais rate attractiveness in Thailand.  Back in the day there were so many Thai women who thought I was a "hansum" man. 

Was that in the middle of the last century?

5 hours ago, BestB said:

Court grant bail for a certain period of time . I believe if prosecutors did not go ahead , bond is refunded. Some what strange it took them 3 years to file charges again 

Does not say when she was originally arrested, just she had been running a bar called Zed bar from 2014, but the warrant was issued in 2017, took 2 years to find her.  

1 hour ago, RJRS1301 said:

She can buy the Lolita Express cheaply now

Will they follow through with sex trafficking or because of her gender will she walk again?

More probable evidence which I assume is nothing more than a few witness statements have been lost and the case will be dropped again.

7 minutes ago, Basil B said:

Does not say when she was originally arrested, just she had been running a bar called Zed bar from 2014, but the warrant was issued in 2017, took 2 years to find her.  

I Think it says originally was arrested in 2014, but new warrant issued in 2017

1 hour ago, dunroaming said:

It's strange the way Thais rate attractiveness in Thailand.  Back in the day there were so many Thai women who thought I was a "hansum" man. 

Because they were asking others how much you're worth. That's the hansumness here. 

4 minutes ago, BestB said:

I Think it says originally was arrested in 2014, but new warrant issued in 2017

"The media who called her "pretty" in their story said that Orm ran a bar in Pattaya from 2014 called "Zed Bar"(name transliterated from Thai and possibly incorrect)."

nothing to indicate when she was first arrested.

1 hour ago, Basil B said:

"The media who called her "pretty" in their story said that Orm ran a bar in Pattaya from 2014 called "Zed Bar"(name transliterated from Thai and possibly incorrect)."

nothing to indicate when she was first arrested.

And the next paragraph says 

She was arrested and released with her bail returned but prosecutors later decided to press charges that were named in the warrant. and she has been on the run ever since 

2 hours ago, dunroaming said:

Everyone gets this wrong. "Hansum" is in fact a contraction of an old Thai expression which translates as "handsome sum of money". Thai prostitutes of yore would demand a "handsome sum of money" to sleep with you. So in modern Thai parlance, you are not a handsome man but a handsome sum of money. In other words a walking ATM. I hope this clears up the issue once and for all.

Dex (who knows things).

50 minutes ago, BestB said:

And the next paragraph says 

She was arrested and released with her bail returned but prosecutors later decided to press charges that were named in the warrant. and she has been on the run ever since 

She was arrested when?

sounds like could be early 2017, the case was dropped then the prosecutors changed their minds and decided to pressforward with the prosecution.

She may not have been running the bar then, (owners would have pinned the blame on her, and sacked her), probably moved address so possibly did not know she was wanted. 

The grapevine in Pattaya is faster than 5G so I do find it hard to believe she had not been told the police had been enquiring at her past place of work and lodgings as to her whereabouts...

7 minutes ago, Basil B said:

She was arrested when?

sounds like could be early 2017, the case was dropped then the prosecutors changed their minds and decided to pressforward with the prosecution.

She may not have been running the bar then, (owners would have pinned the blame on her, and sacked her), probably moved address so possibly did not know she was wanted. 

The grapevine in Pattaya is faster than 5G so I do find it hard to believe she had not been told the police had been enquiring at her past place of work and lodgings as to her whereabouts...

Bud I have no idea , the way I read it she was arrested sometime in 2014 but bailed and all over , the in 2017 arrest warrant came. 

Bail bond can be 6 weeks to a year. I believe prosecutor office has 1 year to file charges . Because her bail was refunded I assume it was over a year but it is how I read it , may well be different 

Archived