what means NO BOOK TRANSFER to my bank account?

2 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

It's a transfer that was made without using the book at the time.

When I make transfers using online banking, it appears in my bank book (when updated) as 'no book transfer'.

SO...will the immigration accept it as a foreign transfer (FTT), for

visa extention purpose?

1 minute ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

SO...will the immigration accept it as a foreign transfer (FTT), for

visa extention purpose?

This is purely my opinion, but I would doubt it very much - unless you have additional proof the funds for that transaction came from abroad.

On August 12, 2019 at 11:09 AM, bluesofa said:

It's a transfer that was made without using the book at the time.

When I make transfers using online banking, it appears in my bank book (when updated) as 'no book transfer'.

If you transfer from your account does that "no book transfer" appear in both the bank book of the sender and recipient? I suppose that might make sense domestically, but how would that apply for a foreign originated transfer? Sounds like the o/p's transfer was sent from a personal account in Thailand rather than from a foreign bank or transfer service.

just asking. Have never seen that entry in my Bangkok bank book even when I initiated a domestic transfer from an ATM ( and obviously not using my bank book).

On 8/12/2019 at 11:01 AM, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

Recently i received a WETRANSFER payment , from overseas,

to my bangkok bank account.

the payment is classified as NO BOOK TRASFER.

the hell does this mean?

will the immigration accept it as a foreign transfer (FTT), for

The only information I can find for WETRANSFER is a computer file transfer service.

However a "no book transfer" would generally mean that cash was paid into your account either at your branch, a different branch or different bank hence "no book" it is very likely to be a domestic payment so unlikely to qualify with immigration as a foreign transfer. 

You really need to talk to your bank support line as they are the ones who classified the transfer.

1 hour ago, Suradit69 said:

If you transfer from your account does that "no book transfer" appear in both the bank book of the sender and recipient? I suppose that might make sense domestically, but how would that apply for a foreign originated transfer? Sounds like the o/p's transfer was sent from a personal account in Thailand rather than from a foreign bank or transfer service.

just asking. Have never seen that entry in my Bangkok bank book even when I initiated a domestic transfer from an ATM ( and obviously not using my bank book).

36 minutes ago, sometimewoodworker said:

The only information I can find for WETRANSFER is a computer file transfer service.

However a "no book transfer" would generally mean that cash was paid into your account either at your branch, a different branch or different bank hence "no book" it is very likely to be a domestic payment so unlikely to qualify with immigration as a foreign transfer. 

You really need to talk to your bank support line as they are the ones who classified the transfer.

Yes, the post I made referring to it, was domestic. I see that when making online transfers between the three Thai bank accounts I have.

I have never made an international transfer online to be able to say.

14 hours ago, bluesofa said:

Yes, the post I made referring to it, was domestic. I see that when making online transfers between the three Thai bank accounts I have.

I have never made an international transfer online to be able to say.

I would agree, I have only ever had "no book transfer" on my account for a domestic transfer. When using online banking from the UK it shows up as "Transfer in via EXIM"

EXIM is the Export Import bank of Thailand.

the transfer was made bu USD to my bangkok bank USD account, from overseas of course.

i went to the immigration office to ask about it.

they were not sure what i am talking about, and could hardly speak english.

after many explanations, they said something like: "no book cannot".

can someone explain what the hell does it mean?

NO BOOK CANNOT?

7 hours ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

the transfer was made bu USD to my bangkok bank USD account, from overseas of course.

i went to the immigration office to ask about it.

they were not sure what i am talking about, and could hardly speak english.

after many explanations, they said something like: "no book cannot".

can someone explain what the hell does it mean?

NO BOOK CANNOT?

Maybe they thought you were saying that you "did not have a passbook" when you kept saying no book.

11 hours ago, Pib said:

Maybe they thought you were saying that you "did not have a passbook" when you kept saying no book.

YES, they thought many things. and i kept on explaining to them,

until it was too much.

since i did predict that they will not understand such a "complicated" question,

i came with a copy of the "no book" page in my bank info, but that

did not help either.

so basically the only way to know for sure is to transfer the $$ and than

see if they accept it. and if not, than, well. i will have to find a way to spend

800K baht that i just transfered to my bank account in thailand.

31 minutes ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

since i did predict that they will not understand such a "complicated" question,

i came with a copy of the "no book" page in my bank info, but that

did not help either.

With only a "copy" of a page out of a passbook (which could have belonged to anyone) I can see how they may have thought you didn't really have a passbook.   If you did have a passbook why not bring the whole passbook which would have included your name, etc.   That would have dispelled the possibility that they may have thought you did not have a passbook.

Anyway, a No Book code entry signifies a "local" transfer/deposit.  I've seen that before in my passbooks when doing a transfer between accts....like from my Bangkok Bank acct to my Krungsri acct (or vice versa).   So, it appears the last leg of your wetransfer was a local transfer like what happens with Transferwise....that is, a peer-to-peer type transfer and may  or may not end up being coded as an international transfer.

About all you can do now is get a Credit Advice (a.k.a., also called Advice of Credit) doc from your Thai bank which will show if it came from outside Thailand or not.  The Credit Advice is free if the transfer is not over 6 months old.  

If you are going to use the Bt800K in the bank method the immigration office will not care about passbook coding....they just want to see the minimum required amount seasoned in the acct at least 2 months before you apply for an extension of stay.

No Book Transfer Defined

Updated Jan 29, 2018

A no book transfer is the transfer of funds from one deposit account to another at a different financial institution. No Book transfers are a way to eliminate check clearing float. Unlike with interbank transfers, these intrabank transfers require little or no wait time.

From my financial institution FAQ.

16 minutes ago, Toosetinmyways said:

No Book Transfer Defined

Updated Jan 29, 2018

A no book transfer is the transfer of funds from one deposit account to another at a different financial institution. No Book transfers are a way to eliminate check clearing float. Unlike with interbank transfers, these intrabank transfers require little or no wait time.

From my financial institution FAQ.

Above says it occurs between accts at "different" financial institutions.   Over the years I've seen No Book transfer coding in my Bangkok Bank accts when they were making "interest payment" adjustments.....no transfer occurring from another financial institution.

As like I earlier mentioned I've also seen it where doing an electronic transfer between my Bangkok Bank and Krungsri accts.

Expect several things can trigger No Book coding but I expect the most common in local transfers between different banks.

well, i went to the bank and asked about this NO BOOK VALUE, and the banker

assured me that it is considered as INTERNATIONAL TRANSFER, because

besides this code there are the letters I/O while the I stands for

INTERNATIONAL.

when using the 800K method the immigration will care, a lot, if

the money came from abroad, and acctually no extention will be granted

if the applicant can't prove the amount came from abroad.

but now i have another question...the banker asked me if i can

transfer by WETRANSFER amounts large enough...and i said yes...but

not i wonder what did she mean? if for example i will transfer the 800K

in 10-15 payments of 2000-2500 USD EACH...will it be good enough

for them? damn...i can go ask her again...but maybe someone here

knows the answer...

I'm not going to be a smart ass and try and explain what No Book means, cause I don't know. but what I can tell the O/P @SCOTT FITZGERSLD is that all of my pension payments and my TransferWise payments showed up on my account as no book (37 of them) and they were accepted by Immigration at my recent extension renewal. 

2 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

I'm not going to be a smart ass and try and explain what No Book means, cause I don't know. but what I can tell the O/P @SCOTT FITZGERSLD is that all of my pension payments and my TransferWise payments showed up on my account as no book (37 of them) and they were accepted by Immigration at my recent extension renewal. 

thanks, that's also what my banker explained to me.

what counts is not the "NO BOOK" but the remark on the side I/O

which means international transfer.

58 minutes ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

....when using the 800K method the immigration will care, a lot, if

the money came from abroad, and acctually no extention will be granted

if the applicant can't prove the amount came from abroad...

Not correct per IO rules. What Imm office is this that is requiring this? Not been reported from anywhere that i have seen and is definitely not required by the rules as issued from Imm HQ including latest update.

17 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

Not correct per IO rules. What Imm office is this that is requiring this? Not been reported from anywhere that i have seen and is definitely not required by the rules as issued from Imm HQ including latest update.

i can confirm it from my experience.

you can;t just have 800K in your account.

you MUST prove the amount came from abroad.

all immigration offices in thailand will require that.

check this form for more details.

5 minutes ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

I can confirm it from my experience, that with the 11 extension I have received so far, I have never been asked where the money comes from

18 minutes ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

I believe that's only if you're transferring to a Non-O Imm from a Visa Exempt or Tourist Visa as there is no seeding requirement.

If you're extending an existing Non-O then they just want to see that the money has been in your account for at least 2 months, they don't care where the money came from as long as it's been there for the required period of time

11 minutes ago, ThePioneer said:

I can confirm it from my experience, that with the 11 extension I have received so far, I have never been asked where the money comes from

Ditto.  They just want to see the required amount.

Archived