U.S. Expatriates in Pattaya - Gatherings?

Thomas J

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

As you posted that blatant right wing propaganda, I think a rebuttal of sorts is apt. Funny you didn't mention STRUCTURAL ECONOMIC INEQUALITY one time in your racially charged screed.

Jingthing, you are indeed a poster child for a liberal.  When the factual evidence refutes your predisposed bias then it is propaganda.  Does the USA have income inequality - Yes.  However so does every other nation on earth.  Why is it that if the USA is so horrible that the lowest person on the rung still lives better than the vast majority of the worlds population.  I suppose you would have us believe that people are risking their lives to cross from Cuba in boats or making treacherous cross country walks because of how the USA so penalizes the lower rungs of the socio-economic ladder.  Does the USA have income inequality, yes but the major reason is that those at the lower end in most cases choose not to apply themselves.  They choose to not go to school, have children with multiple partners out of wedlock, and put themselves in a cycle of poverty.  In Detroit half the population is functionally illiterate.  There are 39 schools in Baltimore and in 2018 there was not a single student in 13 of them that was proficient in math. And you wonder why there is income inequality.  Because there is a skills inequality. There are thousands of BLUE COLLAR jobs in the USA that pay between $65,000 and $100,000 that go unfilled because those at the bottom refuse to educate themselves to obtain the necessary skills.  That is not the fault of the USA.  It provided the opportunities. 

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/detroit-illiteracy-nearly-half-education_n_858307
https://www.google.com/search?q=not+a+single+student+baltimore+13+baltimore+schools&oq=not+a+single+&aqs=chrome.1.69i59l3j69i57j69i60l2.4182j0j4&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

it-is-usually-futile-to-try-to-talk-facts-and-35069608.png

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Those U.S. expat gatherings must be a blast

One thing at least we would not be so arrogant to point only to the faults of other countries and put ourselves on a pedestal of all that is virtuous.  Despite all of its many failings no country can boast of the economic progress made by the "average" guy.   The difference between you liberals and us conservatives.  We believe in equal opportunity for all.  You believe irrespective of ability, hard work, or conscientiousness there should be equal outcomes.  I do not have the acting ability of George Clooney, or able to throw a football like Tom Brady or hit a golf ball like Tiger Woods.  Therefore I have huge income inequality to them. That is not the fault of society no more than it is the fault of society that a huge proportion of the USA population makes life choices that in the end doom them to a life of subsistence rather than abundance.  

download (1).jpg

3 minutes ago, Thomas J said:

One thing at least we would not be so arrogant to point only to the faults of other countries and put ourselves on a pedestal of all that is virtuous.  Despite all of its many failings no country can boast of the economic progress made by the "average" guy.   The difference between you liberals and us conservatives.  We believe in equal opportunity for all.  You believe irrespective of ability, hard work, or conscientiousness there should be equal outcomes.  I do not have the acting ability of George Clooney, or able to throw a football like Tom Brady or hit a golf ball like Tiger Woods.  Therefore I have huge income inequality to them. That is not the fault of society no more than it is the fault of society that a huge proportion of the USA population makes life choices that in the end doom them to a life of subsistence rather than abundance.  

download (1).jpg

You've gone too far now. 

Stop calling me names.

Stop telling ME what I think.
This conversation is over and not seeking any IRL gatherings with you either. 

4 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Stop calling me names

Jimthing,  I forgot to mention, the "whites" in the USA have such income disparity because we are only selectively racist.  The Asian community comes to the USA and they do the despicable thing.  They learn to speak English which the Hispanics do not. The do the further unconscionable thing. They get married before having children, and then have the audacity to save money and make their children get an education in the same schools as the black community.  That only serves to provide them with the highest educational achievement and highest income group of any in the USA.  We are also geographically discriminatory.  It is only those blacks living in Detroit, Washington DC and Baltimore that are so disadvantaged.  Funny how despite lacking the privilege in the USA that black communities are able to earn a median income 3 times the average.  

350px-Higher_education_in_the_US_by_race.svg.png

Median.JPG

233324.png

Black income group.JPG

3 hours ago, Thomas J said:

Jimthing,  I forgot to mention, the "whites" in the USA have such income disparity because we are only selectively racist.  The Asian community comes to the USA and they do the despicable thing.  They learn to speak English which the Hispanics do not. The do the further unconscionable thing. They get married before having children, and then have the audacity to save money and make their children get an education in the same schools as the black community.  That only serves to provide them with the highest educational achievement and highest income group of any in the USA.  We are also geographically discriminatory.  It is only those blacks living in Detroit, Washington DC and Baltimore that are so disadvantaged.  Funny how despite lacking the privilege in the USA that black communities are able to earn a median income 3 times the average.  

350px-Higher_education_in_the_US_by_race.svg.png

Median.JPG

233324.png

Black income group.JPG

Kindly desist from quoting my posts out of context distorting their meaning. It's OK to post snippets but the way you did intentionally distorted the post it came from and also your reply had nothing to do with the snippet or the entire post. I suggest you post your opinions such as they are to the entire forum audience and stop with the transparent personal baiting. 

14 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Kindly desist from quoting my posts

I believe it was you who started this discourse and made the disparaging comments both about Trump, the USA, and the diatribe about income inequality as if wherever you are from, divides nothing but wealth sitting at the right hand of God. 

I believe it was you who started this discourse and made the disparaging comments both about Trump, the USA, and the diatribe about income inequality as if wherever you are from, divides nothing but wealth sitting at the right hand of God. 

Again you chopped another one of my posts intentionally distorting the meaning. That is very sleazy posting behavior.

Sir. No. You posted some right wing propaganda and I merely replied to it with an entertaining informative video. Then you proceeded to call me names (liberal poster child) and then ascribing extremist opinions to me that I never actually posted myself.

I suggest you post your opinions and desist from your obnoxious personalization tactics.

To make it simple for you:

Don't edit my posts in a way that intentionally distorts the meaning

No name calling

No putting words into other people's mouths of exaggerations of opinions that you'd like them to have to make it easier to attack. That is not ethical.

In other words you post your own opinions. Good. Telling others what their opinions are. Sleazy.

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

2 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Sir. No. You posted some right wing propaganda and I merely replied to it with an entertaining informative video

Jingthing, funny when it is factual information but it conflicts with your preconceived bias, then it is propaganda.  In the USA we call people who provide no factual "evidence' to back their preconceived  biased opinions but treat their own "opinion" as if it was handed down on two stone tablets as the word of God Demagogues. as handed dow Since you labeled what I factually presented as "propaganda" I challenge you.  Show me where Trump did not win the majority of the counties in the USA.  Show me where the popular vote if you subtract the black and hispanic population did not go overwhelmingly for Trump.  Show me where the majority of the black and hispanic population is not on some sort of public assistance.  Show me if you eliminate the votes of only the major metropolitan areas in the USA that Trump did not overwhelmingly win.  Show me the statistics that show that the USA does not have the best economy in the past 50 years.  If you can't then you are just blowing hot air with nothing to back it up.  Propaganda sir, is false information, not facts that conflict with your bias. 

It's funny that anyone would consider the above as anything other than racially charged twisted "trump" spin talking points.

Here is something to consider which might give a clue as to why people shouldn't even bother getting sucked into such illogical black holes.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/dont-waste-energy-proving-trumps-racism-get-him-out-of-the-white-house/2019/08/16/89883596-bf95-11e9-a5c6-1e74f7ec4a93_story.html

Don’t waste your breath trying to convince Trump supporters he’s repugnant

Life is short. So, don’t waste it trying to prove President Trump is a racist, a bigot or a white supremacist.

“If You Don’t Know Me by Now,” the rhythm-and-blues song by Harold Melvin and the Blue Notes, is instructive.

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

1 minute ago, Jingthing said:

It's funny that anyone would consider the above as anything other than racially charged twisted "trump" spin talking points.

You have proven my point Jimthing.  You can only spout your "opinion"  Again I challenge you.  You said my facts were "false"  Show me one single fact. that 1. Trump did not win 83% of the counties in the USA.  2. That Trump did not win the majority of the voters outside of the major metropolitan areas. 3. That the major metro areas in the USA are not predominately comprised of blacks and Hispanics. 4. That over 50% of the black and Hispanic population is not on some sort of public welfare assistance. 5. That the US economy is not the best in 50 years  If you can't sir, You are just a blowhard who bases their bias not on any factual evidence but out of just blind hatred of a person that you lack the intellect to even articulate why you dislike him, you just do.  That sir is the definition of a racist.  A person who hates but for no reason they can articulate. 

43 minutes ago, Thomas J said:

Jingthing, funny when it is factual information but it conflicts with your preconceived bias, then it is propaganda.  In the USA we call people who provide no factual "evidence' to back their preconceived  biased opinions but treat their own "opinion" as if it was handed down on two stone tablets as the word of God Demagogues. as handed dow Since you labeled what I factually presented as "propaganda" I challenge you.  Show me where Trump did not win the majority of the counties in the USA.  Show me where the popular vote if you subtract the black and hispanic population did not go overwhelmingly for Trump.  Show me where the majority of the black and hispanic population is not on some sort of public assistance.  Show me if you eliminate the votes of only the major metropolitan areas in the USA that Trump did not overwhelmingly win.  Show me the statistics that show that the USA does not have the best economy in the past 50 years.  If you can't then you are just blowing hot air with nothing to back it up.  Propaganda sir, is false information, not facts that conflict with your bias. 

Well said.

8 minutes ago, sanemax said:

In what way is an American wanting to meet other Americans "racist" ?

In no way. In a general sense. But if you were an American white nationalist and wanted to meet other white nationalists specifically to massage each other's bigotry, then yes that would be. 

40 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

In no way. In a general sense. But if you were an American white nationalist and wanted to meet other white nationalists specifically to massage each other's bigotry, then yes that would be. 

Yes, but the OP hasnt stated that he wants to meet white nationalists or even white people , he just wants to meet Americans .

Jimthing,  yet another despicable act by that Racist Trump.  I am sure if it was Obama, worth $100 million, Hillary Clinton worth $250 million, Nancy Pelosi worth $200 million, or John Kerry worth over $1 billion they would have jumped forward many times with acts of kindness and generosity. Funny though, I just don't recall ever hearing about one of these "compassionate' non racist liberals ever reaching in their own pockets for a dime to help another person. 

Trump reward.JPG

Jimthing,  I know you are challenged with the understanding of the meanings of words.  This one is Hypocrite.  That is when you sanctimoniously chastise someone for a behavior you find despicable while excusing the identical behavior from others.  But I guess you would not think "Obama" would be Racist when he put children in cages that HE BUILT. 

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/washington-secrets/baracks-ice-chief-cages-were-obamas-idea

Migrants.JPG

D-A4uGbXkAIksFo.jpg

Thomas J- A great and realistic assessment of the US. The liberals are fixated on Trump and their hatred and contempt for him are readily apparent. Even with the US media predominantly liberal and full of  left wing zealots who continually spread  lies and misinformation, thankfully  the American populace can discern the truth after sifting through all the distortions  and bias and slanting of the news. You tried to have a serious and fact -filled discussion with you know who and his true colors showed through glowingly. Thanks for your much needed contributions considering how dominant the liberal left-wing indoctrination is in the media and the educational system.  I would gladly be in your foxhole to fight for the truth and the principles which have made the US the greatest country ever.

Archived