Prachuap Khiri Khan: Villagers downstream of reservoir advised to relocate to higher ground

webfact

Villagers downstream of reservoir advised to relocate to higher ground

283117.jpg

Villagers living downstream of a small earthen dam, in Bang Saphan district of Thailand’s southern province of Prachuap Khiri Khan, were yesterday advised to move their belongings to higher ground as a precaution against possible flooding of their communities due an unusual discharge of water from the reservoir.

Officials from the Ratchaburi-based Regional 7 water resources office are using an excavator to enlarge the spillway to allow more water to flow out of the Morasuab Reservoir, to ease pressure on the dam, after three leaks were found in the earthen dam wall.

The provincial governor has already been notified of the need to ease pressure on the dam because the reservoir is at 90% capacity, which is beyond the safety level. More water is now being discharged through the 20-metre gap in the earthen wall and it takes about four hours for the water level in the reservoir to fall to a safe level of 60% capacity.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/villagers-downstream-of-reservoir-advised-to-relocate-to-higher-ground/

1 hour ago, webfact said:

as a precaution against possible flooding of their communities due an unusual discharge of water from the reservoir.

you mean like that huge breach you made where water is pouring through and undermining the wall of the dam? 

1 hour ago, webfact said:

Villagers living downstream of a small earthen dam, in Bang Saphan district of Thailand’s southern province of Prachuap Khiri Khan, were yesterday advised to move their belongings to higher ground

I'm guessing they're just renting it then?

2 hours ago, webfact said:

Villagers living downstream of a small earthen dam, in Bang Saphan district of Thailand’s southern province of Prachuap Khiri Khan, were yesterday advised to

Buy an Ark .. 

Similar thing happened in Britain last week so the military used Helicopters to drop bags of core into the breach .. 

Can they not do the same here .. They must have helicopters surely .. 

1 minute ago, Justgrazing said:

Buy an Ark .. 

Similar thing happened in Britain last week so the military used Helicopters to drop bags of core into the breach .. 

With the RTAF safety record with helicopters in the past, I'd hesitate to suggest they might end up dropping helicopters into the breach.

On 8/12/2019 at 2:16 PM, Justgrazing said:

Buy an Ark .. 

Ah! Finally a chance to use those submarines the PM loves so much.

19 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

show me the metal handrail on the spillway at this dam. i have a perfect match between my location and the photo in the story.

You have better eyesight than me. I just did a search for the dam by its name. There are two Morasuap dams on google, one is a bit further upstream.

Archived