"Grisly" death of a teen on a motorcycle on her way to a funeral

webfact

"Grisly" death of a teen on a motorcycle on her way to a funeral

9pm.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

A 15 year old high school student was crushed to death on her way to a friend's mother's funeral in Chainat, central Thailand.

Sirinthip Praking, a M3 student at Wat Sriwichai school, was found with multiple injuries by the hard shoulder of Pahonyothin Road between Chainat and Takhli. Her Honda Wave with damage to the rear was nearby

She was dressed in all black. Many of her friends were at the scene as police and rescue services tried to unravel what had happened. 

Thai Rath described the scene of the teen's death in particularly grisly terms, notes Thaivisa.

Witness Wasana Eungsawat, 47, said she was first to find the body. She had been on another bike behind and though she didn't actually see the accident she suspected it was caused by one or both of two truck trailers who were on the road. 

The trucks did not stop. 

Police were trying to get in touch with the victim's parents who had left her with an aunt since she was small. 

The aunt Parinya Pholeuay, 46, said that Sirinthip had left home just half an hour before. 

She had cautioned her to drive safety and she had smiled before twice checking in her mirror that her appearance was good. 

She then drove off to her friend's mother's funeral where she was going to help out.

Source: Thai Rath

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-08-12

2 minutes ago, bristolgeoff said:

No license also helmet too I imagine.how long as she been driving a bike.shame she is dead now but she is underage for a license.i am sure it happen again soon as well

Why do you imagine something that's not relevant now. 

Fact is that she got killed by another person who's fled the scene. 

26 minutes ago, Isaanbiker said:

Why do you imagine something that's not relevant now. 

Fact is that she got killed by another person who's fled the scene. 

Fact is she had no license or protective gear. She was riding illegally and had little or no road sense or situational awareness. Yes, it is very sad, but she should not have been on that bike in the first place.

14 minutes ago, Andrew65 said:

RIP

It's possible that the truck driver didn't even know he'd hit anything, might have felt like just a bump in the road.

It's also possible that the truck or trucks in this case, were not even the direct cause of this crash.

From the OP: "Witness Wasana Eungsawat, 47, said she was first to find the body. She had been on another bike behind and though she didn't actually see the accident she suspected it was caused by one or both of two truck trailers who were on the road." (emphasis mine)

In any case, very sad.

The legal age to ride motorcycle in Thailand is 15, so before accusing the girl of breaking the law better get your facts straight first.  The fact that she had the legal age to ride a motorcycle of course doesn't mean she actually has a drivers' license.  In fact she most probably didn't but that doesn't change the fact that there was nothing wrong with her riding a motorcycle at her age.  It's just sad that a young girl with good intentions got killed in traffic by a coward who didn't have the common decency to stop.  RIP little girl

38 minutes ago, HanSRT10 said:

The legal age to ride motorcycle in Thailand is 15, so before accusing the girl of breaking the law better get your facts straight first.  The fact that she had the legal age to ride a motorcycle of course doesn't mean she actually has a drivers' license.  In fact she most probably didn't but that doesn't change the fact that there was nothing wrong with her riding a motorcycle at her age.  It's just sad that a young girl with good intentions got killed in traffic by a coward who didn't have the common decency to stop.  RIP little girl

Sorted. How about helmet and lights?

A helmet would not have saved the girl. Her liver was squeezed out of her body.  I cant find anything in the article about lights, but I was told that actually no lights are required here when the visibility is 150 meters or more, even after sunset.  Anyways it seems it was a daytime accident.

1 hour ago, bristolgeoff said:

No license also helmet too I imagine.how long as she been driving a bike.shame she is dead now but she is underage for a license.i am sure it happen again soon as well

A TV News Channel showed a poor quality distant CCTV video, What appeared to be a helmet was seen rolling down the road after the impact.

25 minutes ago, HanSRT10 said:

A helmet would not have saved the girl. Her liver was squeezed out of her body.  I cant find anything in the article about lights, but I was told that actually no lights are required here when the visibility is 150 meters or more, even after sunset.  Anyways it seems it was a daytime accident.

It is my understanding that motorcycles are required to have their lights on at all times. Most recent motorcycles do not have a switch to turn the lights off.

1 hour ago, Seismic said:

Fact is she had no license or protective gear. She was riding illegally and had little or no road sense or situational awareness. Yes, it is very sad, but she should not have been on that bike in the first place.

You are right of course, but let's think for a minute, how would half the population get around or go to school if the laws were totally enforced, in my village the kids go to school from about 10 years old on bikes as they have no one to take them and they share rides, life here is never clear cut.

1 hour ago, HanSRT10 said:

Her liver was squeezed out of her body.

Gruesome as the article says.

And it would be enough that she fell on the road by some circumstance (other bike rider, pothole, dog, ...).

Helmet of no help, light on/off irrelevant, 15yr is legal age for 110ccm bike (license).

Lot of unfounded nonsense posted here.

2 hours ago, Seismic said:

How do you know any of this?

Did you know the victim?

Were you there?

Or more bad taste, no empathy, typical TV supposition?

Jeez.

RIP to the young girl and love and sympathy to her heartbroken family.

2 hours ago, Andrew65 said:

RIP

It's possible that the truck driver didn't even know he'd hit anything, might have felt like just a bump in the road.

Its also possible that the Truck Driver ( if it was him that killed the Lass ) was as pissed as a Fart

RIP Young Girl.

3 hours ago, bristolgeoff said:

That's the problem, they never want to learn.

Someone gets killed and there is always someone who wants to nit pick every stupid detail as if it really makes a difference. As things go in Thailand she had probably been riding for a number of years. Yes, I know illigal.

1 hour ago, IssanMichael said:

You are right of course, but let's think for a minute, how would half the population get around or go to school if the laws were totally enforced, in my village the kids go to school from about 10 years old on bikes as they have no one to take them and they share rides, life here is never clear cut.

Oh yes, and riding a bicycle is losing face, isn't it?

4 hours ago, Seismic said:

Could you please point me to the fact she had no licence as I only read the Thai Rath link and I must have missed that info somehow.

Age for a motorcycle licence here is 15 years and the girl was that age A helmet is of little use when your guts are ripped out and I don't know of any that protect against a semi wheel running over your head.

5 hours ago, bristolgeoff said:

At 15 years old you can ride a motorbike up to 110cc, there are Hondas with 110cc engines, right? We don't know if she had a licence or not.

3 hours ago, IssanMichael said:

Where I grew up we used a bicycle. Good way to get to school and keep fit at the same time.

5 hours ago, Andrew65 said:

RIP

Maybe you should read it again:  quote:   "Her Honda Wave with damage to the rear was nearby"

Damage to the rear of her bike means she was rear-ended... hit from behind... by another vehicle.. How could the driver of the other vehicle NOT know he hit her..  Do you thing he had a blindfold on?  

Could he not see he was coming up on somebody in front of him ?  

1 hour ago, Catoni said:

Maybe you should read it again:  quote:   "Her Honda Wave with damage to the rear was nearby"

Damage to the rear of her bike means she was rear-ended... hit from behind... by another vehicle.. How could the driver of the other vehicle NOT know he hit her..  Do you thing he had a blindfold on?  

Maybe you should read it again:

".....a warning about a motorcycle being hit by a trailer". It sounds to me like she was hit by the rear wheels of the trailer that she was alongside, which would of course cause damage to the rear of the bike, Sherlock!

She could well have been in the drivers "blind-spot", If you've ever done any truck driving, as I have, you might know about this.

7 hours ago, bristolgeoff said:

Joab's comforter. I doubt very much if the unfortunate girl had a license and a helmet the outcome would have been any different. Naff post award.

1 hour ago, Catoni said:

Absurd assertion - because the rear was damaged doesn't mean what you suggest at all. The bike could have fallen under any wheel in such a way the back wheel was damaged! You have no idea how the bike moved after the collision.

Depending on the size of the truck it is entirely plausible the driver didn't know he hit her.

Archived