BANGKOK
johnny1966

Any issues at airport entering with non o?

There have been plenty of reports of problems coming into Thailand by air with more than 1 tourist visa in passport, I was wondering if anyone has or has heard of any problems entering with a non o multi entry visa based on marriage?(I have 3 in my current passport).

That´s the way you should do it, and you will not have any problems at any airport. 

I always enter on a non o multiple based on marriage. If you have a valid Visa you will not have a problem.

16 hours ago, ozfarang said:

The only people having problems entering Thailand are people trying to stay long term in Thailand on Tourist visas. Every one else who has the appropriate visa has no problems, myself included. Been coming to Thailand for 40 years and now live here and never had a problem with Immigration.

The key here is that you do it correctly and don't try to game the system. My hat's off to you.

• Like 1

There is currently no problem. If immigration decide in the future that Non O visas (without extensions) are only supposed to be for short term visitors, maybe there will be a problem. That is not an issue for today. A multiple Non O to stay long periods in Thailand is a proper visa.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, ozfarang said:

The only people having problems entering Thailand are people trying to stay long term in Thailand on Tourist visas. Every one else who has the appropriate visa has no problems, myself included. Been coming to Thailand for 40 years and now live here and never had a problem with Immigration.

IOs worry that people who stay in Thailand long term on tourist visas work illegally. They could have the same worries about people on multiple non-o visas. An IO would probably not consider a multiple non-o to be appropriate to stay in Thailand all year long.

If the IOs continue to do what they are currently doing, it's probably just a matter of time until we hear of people with multiple non-o visas being denied for having been in Thailand too long and that they should get a one year extension in an immigration office if they want to live in Thailand.

Currently we didn't have any such reports and you should be fine.

Edited by jackdd
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, RayHaas said:

I myself have a Non-O based on Child and been pulled aside by immigration when I entered by flight at Suvarnabhumi Airport.

Came in there April, same VISA, woman didn't look twice at it, stamp, stamp and through.

You must have looked dodgy (probably overdressed) or just had bad luck.

Edited by BritManToo

10 minutes ago, RayHaas said:

I myself have a Non-O based on Child and been pulled aside by immigration when I entered by flight at Suvarnabhumi Airport.

Immigration officer (female) went through my passport for 10 minutes. Puffing away and clearly upset without saying a word. As the queue grew behind me she called a supervisor and I was taken away. 

Was seated with an older much nicer immigration lady who asked me all sorts of questions such as: You work here? How you make your money to stay with your daughter? It was quite upsetting as I have the correct Visa and clearly not a tourist. Am not looking like a retired person as still in my early 40's. 

Only when I pulled out the medical records of my daughter suffering from Leukemia Cancer and is stationed at Chlua Hospital I was allowed to enter and no further questions were asked. Needless to say. I have since then avoided entering that airport like the plague although in my situation not entirely possible to stay away. Just hate flying in through Suvarnabhumi. Only ever take immigration queues with male officers. LOL

Suvarnabhumi seems far kinder to me than dmk. 

1 minute ago, metempsychotic said:

Suvarnabhumi seems far kinder to me than dmk. 

Arguably DMK may be perceived by the IOs as the "Cheap Charlies' airport" because of its focus on the less expensive airlines, and they act accordingly

• Like 1