Any issues at airport entering with non o?

Logical thinking is not your strengths , I answered to your post,because you have claimed Non O user could not afford a 1 year extension for money, this is a generalization you personally believe , but in fact you don’t know

Gesendet von iPad mit Thaivisa Connect

It simply means that getting Non O might not have the burden to show 400/800 K in a Thai bank account for two months. The other requirements are quit easy. If you do a 90 day in/out you don't need to show funds in a Thai bank. Why else would most people not want to do an extension at the immigration office. I'm not saying all but at least so reason this way.

If on a Non O based on marriage and not living with the wife would be a problem.

No problem m I am living with my wife most of the time in Germany

I am getting the visa because I am married to a Thai, not for the reason I am visiting her, for that reason I cannot apply for an extension So it is not the money

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 1

If you apply for an extension they mostly want to do a home visit and question neighbors about your married life. They also want pictures of you and you wife at home, in front of your home, etc. How would you pull this off if your wife is in Germany. I can't see how you could meet the requirements.
They are trying to prevent marriage for convenience which is a reported problem.  

This is what I said, I cannot apply for an extension. Marriage for convenience since more than 25 years!

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, FredGallaher said:

It simply means that getting Non O might not have the burden to show 400/800 K in a Thai bank account for two months. The other requirements are quit easy. If you do a 90 day in/out you don't need to show funds in a Thai bank. Why else would most people not want to do an extension at the immigration office. I'm not saying all but at least so reason this way.

If on a Non O based on marriage and not living with the wife would be a problem.

You are totally correct and you can read. Some people with the 90 days Non-imm O multiple entry says there's no problem doing it every 90 days. I would hate it if I had to do it. I am way to lazy. I am on 1-year extension,and staying 5 min from the immigration office, and the 90 days report takes 2 min incl.waiting for my number.

• Like 1

Congratulations on 25 years, but your right that you probably can't get an extension without your wife being with you. I'd be aware that they could see a Non O based on Marriage and ask where your wife is. Have a good answer ready if asked
Either she trusts you (most don't) or she OK with you being here by yourself.

Thank you , they never asked. I am using the non o visas for more than 20 years now.

• Like 1

I am on my 3rd non immigrant O ME, all obtained from Savannakhet. I have been living in Thailand with wife and child for more than 3 years and current passport is full of in and outs mainly via Laos every 3 months. I have not done an extension of stay. I would expect there may be questions at either of the airports upon entry should I choose to go back to Australia and come back to Thailand.

Edited by johnny1966

last year november, in the well loved boarder aranjapatet . after staying 5 nights in Angkor... passport screening..with a 5minute lesson about Non o, was not refussed, but him say..this visa not for longstay, cant blablabla, and again blablabla ... visa not for stay all year.. go immigration make Visa,,,if not maybe get problem.. him means visa is only for stay 180 days out of 350 a year.

in airport never problem , passport 5 non o os full of stamps

but i think next year they cancell non o multiple visas !! and will issue only single or OA

On 8/12/2019 at 2:09 PM, johnny1966 said:

I was wondering if anyone has or has heard of any problems entering with a non o multi entry visa based on marriage?

As with any non-imm/tourist visa or extension of stay, though, it is IMHO essential that you check whether the Arrivals IO has stamped your passport with the correct permission to stay date before moving on from his/her booth. It is generally far easier to get any error rectified there and then rather than subsequently at your local office, I think. 

Edited by OJAS

On 8/14/2019 at 11:15 AM, FredGallaher said:

It simply means that getting Non O might not have the burden to show 400/800 K in a Thai bank account for two months. The other requirements are quit easy. If you do a 90 day in/out you don't need to show funds in a Thai bank.

I am trying to understand my options, maybe you can help?

You can get a Non O visum when married or having a child. When I look at the consulate of my country (NL) I can only get a Non O visum for 90 days. After that I have to leave. Or extend the visum for 1 year in Thailand. With 400/800k in the bank.

From the above I understand that there are also longer Non O visas allowing you to stay for 90 days, leave the country, come back for 90 days, leave again  etc ? And that for a 1 year period ?  This would be easier for me, because I have to go home anyway every couple of months.

Edited by dimitriv

4 hours ago, dimitriv said:

From the above I understand that there are also longer Non O visas allowing you to stay for 90 days, leave the country, come back for 90 days, leave again  etc ? And that for a 1 year period ?  This would be easier for me, because I have to go home anyway every couple of months.

Yes, the non-O Multi Entry gives you 90 Days per entry within the 1 year from issue of the Visa. Unfortunately the Thai Embassy in the UK has stopped issuing the multi-entry Visa, so I will be stuck with the same situation as you have. Applying for a Visa, every time I'm back in the UK. 

The extension system does not really work for the likes of us, as they probably not process the Visiting Family/Marriage Extension in time to be completed so to fly out again within < 3 months. The extension with a Multi-re-entry permit apparently operates in a similar fashion, to the ME visa. 

Same with my Father's retirement non-O ME, he likely will have to get three visas per year now, probably have to make sure his flight bookings are no longer than 59 days and get 3 x Tourist Visa's.

Edited by UKresonant
  • Thanks 1

On 8/14/2019 at 3:30 AM, Max69xl said:

o be honest, there are quite a few people here with reading problems.????

They have reading problems, comprehension problems, reasoning problems, lacks analytical ability, and much more as evidenced by their posts and recent example is numerous posts about TM30, not able to distinguish between validity of a visa and permission of stay, visa and extension, etc. 

3 minutes ago, onera1961 said:

They have reading problems, comprehension problems, reasoning problems, lacks analytical ability, and much more as evidenced by their posts and recent example is numerous posts about TM30, not able to distinguish between validity of a visa and permission of stay, visa and extension, etc. 

Perhaps asking questions on a relevant forum would help them?

I have been on Non O multiple 1 year (based on Thai child) for many many years now in the row. I have been working in Myanmar for the last 7 years and been in / out of Thailand mostly every week through Don Muang, Suvanarburni, Phuket or Chiangmai. Also few times land border through Ranong. Never been questioned and never had any issue at immigration.
But I believe my situation as working in Myanmar and having my Thai child in Thailand totally justify the type of visa.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

On 8/13/2019 at 9:56 AM, jackdd said:

IOs worry that people who stay in Thailand long term on tourist visas work illegally. They could have the same worries about people on multiple non-o visas. An IO would probably not consider a multiple non-o to be appropriate to stay in Thailand all year long.

If the IOs continue to do what they are currently doing, it's probably just a matter of time until we hear of people with multiple non-o visas being denied for having been in Thailand too long and that they should get a one year extension in an immigration office if they want to live in Thailand.

Currently we didn't have any such reports and you should be fine.

Nothing at all wrong with working on a non O ME. Did it for years. 

Plus when the work stops you hand in the WP but you keep the multi O. It doesn't get cancelled like extensions based on working.

Me and she now retired and enjoy travelling and it's just become a habit to use the O ME.

If they change things I'll just go O-A and continue travelling.

25 minutes ago, overherebc said:

Plus when the work stops you hand in the WP but you keep the multi O. It doesn't get cancelled like extensions based on working.

Me and she now retired and enjoy travelling and it's just become a habit to use the O ME.

I don't think jackdd was talking about people working having a non O ME. I also think they will remove the non O ME option in a near future,or make the requirements tougher.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

I don't think jackdd was talking about people working having a non O ME. I also think they will remove the non O ME option in a near future,or make the requirements tougher.

Well, his first paragraph infers that, 'IO's concerned about working on tourist visa and may feel the same about long term on multi O'

That's what I answered on. ????

3 minutes ago, overherebc said:

Well, his first paragraph infers that, 'IO's concerned about working on tourist visa and may feel the same about long term on multi O'

That's what I answered on. ????

I am 100% sure he meant people with Non-imm O ME, who can't apply for 1 year extension because of the requirements. ????

8 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

I am 100% sure he meant people with Non-imm O ME, who can't apply for 1 year extension because of the requirements. ????

Transfer in 400,000 go out to a consulate that requires you to show finances of 400,000 and on return you can use it. Don't have to have tied up for 2 months the first time and 3 months for subsequent applications. Just a personal choice really.

Don't care about the expense of travelling a lot, we would do that anyway.

Edited by overherebc

4 minutes ago, overherebc said:

Transfer in 400,000 go out to a consulate that requires you to show finances of 400,000 and on return you can use it. Don't have to have tied up for 2 months the first time and 3 months for subsequent applications. Just a personal choice really.

Don't care about the expense of travelling a lot, we would do that anyway.

I'm not talking about people who can afford the money requirements.

It seems you are a bit naive,thinking that every visitor here can meet the requirements for a let's say a 1 year extension. That's why they have to use Non-imm O ME, or have to do border runs, or have to apply for for example TR visas in Laos or Vietnam. Or use Non-imm ED visas when they don't even meet the requirements for a Non-imm ED.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

I'm not talking about people who can afford the money requirements.

It seems you are a bit naive,thinking that every visitor here can meet the requirements for a let's say a 1 year extension. That's why they have to use Non-imm O ME, or have to do border runs, or have to apply for for example TR visas in Laos or Vietnam. Or use Non-imm ED visas when they don't even meet the requirements for a Non-imm ED.

After 30 years in Thailand I am certainly not naive about visa or extension situations.

I am very aware of people who use agents etc because they don't have the income/savings and do 'work arounds' and some who use Ed visas to stay long term.

It isn't my place or yours to criticise them. All I would say is they are old enough to make their own decisions and should be aware of the possible results of their decision and not complain if it goes wrong.

Edited by overherebc
  • Like 1

On 8/13/2019 at 9:56 AM, jackdd said:

IOs worry that people who stay in Thailand long term on tourist visas work illegally. They could have the same worries about people on multiple non-o visas. An IO would probably not consider a multiple non-o to be appropriate to stay in Thailand all year long.

If the IOs continue to do what they are currently doing, it's probably just a matter of time until we hear of people with multiple non-o visas being denied for having been in Thailand too long and that they should get a one year extension in an immigration office if they want to live in Thailand.

Currently we didn't have any such reports and you should be fine.

You can get a work permit on a non-O so this is not the same issue as with tourist visas. If one day multi non-Os (or non-Bs) were no longer accepted, then they should be abolished and replaced with something else. There is no indication this will happen as the non-O is a perfectly acceptable visa. Don't make up assumptions.

15 minutes ago, drbeach said:

You can get a work permit on a non-O so this is not the same issue as with tourist visas. If one day multi non-Os (or non-Bs) were no longer accepted, then they should be abolished and replaced with something else. There is no indication this will happen as the non-O is a perfectly acceptable visa. Don't make up assumptions.

There are loads of people with Non-imm O ME without work permits. I think jackdd is talking about them.

On 8/13/2019 at 6:27 AM, CelticTam said:

I live and work in Laos and like yourself have a ME Non-O based on Marriage, and for the previous ten years (so maybe approximately 150 entries) and I have never had an issue. On the last two occasions in June and July I was through Thai Immigration at Suvarnabhumpi in less than 5 minutes and the IOs were too busy talking to their co-worker to take notice of me. As others have stated, you have a valid visa so there should not be a problem

Until there is a problem.

• Confused 1

9 hours ago, overherebc said:

I do not mean people who work legally with a WP on this kind of visa. This is of course possible, but this is probably a minority of all people who use this visa.

I guess the majority of people who stay most of the year in Thailand and who use the Non-O ME visa do so because they can't satisfy the requirements to get a one year extension, not because they like to leave the country every 90 days.

Over the years i have met quite a few people who use this kind of visa and who work illegally in a business together with their wife.

Let's say we would compare two groups, both consisting of people who spend 300+ days per year in Thailand and who are below retirement age, the one group are people on tourist visas, and the other group are people on Non-O ME visas.

I'm quite sure that percentage wise, the number of people who work illegally while in Thailand on the Non-O ME visa will be higher.

1 hour ago, jackdd said:

I do not mean people who work legally with a WP on this kind of visa. This is of course possible, but this is probably a minority of all people who use this visa.

I guess the majority of people who stay most of the year in Thailand and who use the Non-O ME visa do so because they can't satisfy the requirements to get a one year extension, not because they like to leave the country every 90 days.

Over the years i have met quite a few people who use this kind of visa and who work illegally in a business together with their wife.

Let's say we would compare two groups, both consisting of people who spend 300+ days per year in Thailand and who are below retirement age, the one group are people on tourist visas, and the other group are people on Non-O ME visas.

I'm quite sure that percentage wise, the number of people who work illegally while in Thailand on the Non-O ME visa will be higher.

Probably right on your figures and I would agree with you.

As I said previously that's their decision and if it goes wrong on them then they have no right to complain.

It's a normal situation over here for so many ex-pats who are always talking about my mate/friend etc when they are in their company and if their mate/friend leaves the bar first they are quite happy to start talking about them behind their backs.

13 hours ago, jackdd said:

You make a lot of assumptions there in that post with absolutely no hard facts or statistics to back up what you believe.

You don't have to exit Thailand every 90 days on a multi entry non-imm O, it can be extended for 60 days for a fee of ฿1900 at the local immigration office. 

As for the most people working illegally in Thailand on various visas, check out the visa run companies to Laos, mostly filipino's getting tourist visas and working in Thailand.

I've done a few runs to Laos and 90% of the visa run company customers are filipino's getting tourist visas. They are not in Thailand as tourists.

6 hours ago, ozfarang said:

You make a lot of assumptions there in that post with absolutely no hard facts or statistics to back up what you believe.

You don't have to exit Thailand every 90 days on a multi entry non-imm O, it can be extended for 60 days for a fee of ฿1900 at the local immigration office. 

As for the most people working illegally in Thailand on various visas, check out the visa run companies to Laos, mostly filipino's getting tourist visas and working in Thailand.

I've done a few runs to Laos and 90% of the visa run company customers are filipino's getting tourist visas. They are not in Thailand as tourists.

You're very naive. People leaving every 90 days, wants to leave every 90 days because they don't want to visit any immigration office because of in some cases the 90 days report. Don't argue with people who actually have a clue what's going on. Of course there are people with work permits and they are allowed to come and go, but there are a huge amount of people with 90 days Non-imm O with ME, who's leaving every 90 days because they don't want to be reported/in the system anywhere. The 90 days Non-imm ED Visa are now under scrutiny because there are so many so called "teachers" all over the place,and many of them don't meet the official requirements.

• Like 1

Who's naive Maxy?

You enter Thailand, you are in the system. I've been entering and exiting Thailand for 40 years so I have a fair idea how and what is required as far as visas are concerned, to stay for short or long periods. I'm not a tourist. 

Do some more homework(facts) and don't assume.