BANGKOK
johnny1966

Any issues at airport entering with non o?

I was talking about people in general, and many of them don't meet the requirements for 1 year extensions. Either not married or below 50 years old. 

You should not generalize then . Most people who apply for such av visa are married .

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

8 minutes ago, wobalt said:

You should not generalize then . Most people who apply for such av visa are married .

You don't seem to know how to read: MANY FARANGS WHO APPLY FOR 90 DAYS NON-IMM O MULTIPLE ENTRY VISA DON'T MEET THE REQUIREMENTS FOR 1-YEAR EXTENSION. UNDERSTAND? THAT'S A FACT. 

8 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

You don't seem to know how to read: MANY FARANGS WHO APPLY FOR 90 DAYS NON-IMM O MULTIPLE ENTRY VISA DON'T MEET THE REQUIREMENTS FOR 1-YEAR EXTENSION. UNDERSTAND? THAT'S A FACT. 

It simply means that getting Non O might not have the burden to show 400/800 K in a Thai bank account for two months. The other requirements are quit easy. If you do a 90 day in/out you don't need to show funds in a Thai bank. Why else would most people not want to do an extension at the immigration office. I'm not saying all but at least so reason this way.

If on a Non O based on marriage and not living with the wife would be a problem.

Logical thinking is not your strengths , I answered to your post,because you have claimed Non O user could not afford a 1 year extension for money, this is a generalization you personally believe , but in fact you don’t know

Gesendet von iPad mit Thaivisa Connect

It simply means that getting Non O might not have the burden to show 400/800 K in a Thai bank account for two months. The other requirements are quit easy. If you do a 90 day in/out you don't need to show funds in a Thai bank. Why else would most people not want to do an extension at the immigration office. I'm not saying all but at least so reason this way.

If on a Non O based on marriage and not living with the wife would be a problem.

No problem m I am living with my wife most of the time in Germany

I am getting the visa because I am married to a Thai, not for the reason I am visiting her, for that reason I cannot apply for an extension So it is not the money

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, wobalt said:

No problem m I am living with my wife most of the time in Germany

I am getting the visa because I am married to a Thai, not for the reason I am visiting her, for that reason I cannot apply for an extension So it is not the money

If you apply for an extension they mostly want to do a home visit and question neighbors about your married life. They also want pictures of you and you wife at home, in front of your home, etc. How would you pull this off if your wife is in Germany. I can't see how you could meet the requirements.

They are trying to prevent marriage for convenience which is a reported problem.  

If you apply for an extension they mostly want to do a home visit and question neighbors about your married life. They also want pictures of you and you wife at home, in front of your home, etc. How would you pull this off if your wife is in Germany. I can't see how you could meet the requirements.
They are trying to prevent marriage for convenience which is a reported problem.  

This is what I said, I cannot apply for an extension. Marriage for convenience since more than 25 years!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wobalt said:

This is what I said, I cannot apply for an extension. Marriage for convenience since more than 25 years!

Congratulations on 25 years, but your right that you probably can't get an extension without your wife being with you. I'd be aware that they could see a Non O based on Marriage and ask where your wife is. Have a good answer ready if asked

Either she trusts you (most don't) or she OK with you being here by yourself.

45 minutes ago, FredGallaher said:

You are totally correct and you can read. Some people with the 90 days Non-imm O multiple entry says there's no problem doing it every 90 days. I would hate it if I had to do it. I am way to lazy. I am on 1-year extension,and staying 5 min from the immigration office, and the 90 days report takes 2 min incl.waiting for my number.

• Like 1

Congratulations on 25 years, but your right that you probably can't get an extension without your wife being with you. I'd be aware that they could see a Non O based on Marriage and ask where your wife is. Have a good answer ready if asked
Either she trusts you (most don't) or she OK with you being here by yourself.

Thank you , they never asked. I am using the non o visas for more than 20 years now.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I am on my 3rd non immigrant O ME, all obtained from Savannakhet. I have been living in Thailand with wife and child for more than 3 years and current passport is full of in and outs mainly via Laos every 3 months. I have not done an extension of stay. I would expect there may be questions at either of the airports upon entry should I choose to go back to Australia and come back to Thailand.

Edited by johnny1966

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, johnny1966 said:

I am on my 3rd non immigrant O ME, all obtained from Savannakhet. I have been living in Thailand with wife and child for more than 3 years and current passport is full of in and outs mainly via Laos every 3 months. I have not done an extension of stay. I would expect there may be questions at either of the airports upon entry should I choose to go back to Australia and come back to Thailand.

Have a believable answer to any question, if asked. Might be good to have adequate funds in a Thai bank, so you can show them. Airports have been reported as problems.

Edited by FredGallaher

last year november, in the well loved boarder aranjapatet . after staying 5 nights in Angkor... passport screening..with a 5minute lesson about Non o, was not refussed, but him say..this visa not for longstay, cant blablabla, and again blablabla ... visa not for stay all year.. go immigration make Visa,,,if not maybe get problem.. him means visa is only for stay 180 days out of 350 a year.

in airport never problem , passport 5 non o os full of stamps

but i think next year they cancell non o multiple visas !! and will issue only single or OA

Posted (edited)
On 8/12/2019 at 2:09 PM, johnny1966 said:

I was wondering if anyone has or has heard of any problems entering with a non o multi entry visa based on marriage?

As with any non-imm/tourist visa or extension of stay, though, it is IMHO essential that you check whether the Arrivals IO has stamped your passport with the correct permission to stay date before moving on from his/her booth. It is generally far easier to get any error rectified there and then rather than subsequently at your local office, I think. 

Edited by OJAS

Posted (edited)
On 8/14/2019 at 11:15 AM, FredGallaher said:

It simply means that getting Non O might not have the burden to show 400/800 K in a Thai bank account for two months. The other requirements are quit easy. If you do a 90 day in/out you don't need to show funds in a Thai bank.

I am trying to understand my options, maybe you can help?

You can get a Non O visum when married or having a child. When I look at the consulate of my country (NL) I can only get a Non O visum for 90 days. After that I have to leave. Or extend the visum for 1 year in Thailand. With 400/800k in the bank.

From the above I understand that there are also longer Non O visas allowing you to stay for 90 days, leave the country, come back for 90 days, leave again  etc ? And that for a 1 year period ?  This would be easier for me, because I have to go home anyway every couple of months.

Edited by dimitriv