Any issues at airport entering with non o?

7 hours ago, ozfarang said:

You make a lot of assumptions there in that post with absolutely no hard facts or statistics to back up what you believe.

Finally someone with a functioning brain here. That's exactly the issue with this forum, people selling their assumptions as facts.

A Multiple Entry Non-O is a great visa to go in and out whenever you want without getting a re-entry each time.

38 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

but there are a huge amount of people with 90 days Non-imm O with ME, who's leaving every 90 days because they don't want to be reported/in the system anywhere

Do you really think you are not being "reported in the system anywhere" when leaving and entering the country (+TM30)? You are also saying "huge amount of people", please clarify with real numbers and a source.

• Like 1

On 8/13/2019 at 9:43 AM, somtumwrong said:

Non-O ME, the only problem seems to be on the other side. Very grumpy and angry looking Tomboy IOs slamming the passport on the desk. I think they fired all the smiling IOs and hired tomboys instead. For the sake of the 'service experience', avoid female IOs. Because every time you see that grumpy, angry and sour face you wonder why bother traveling to the 'Land of Smiles' ????

I was a whiteness to a woman Immigration agent at the counter yelling at what appeared to be an Indian Tourists, she wanted the exact address right down to the moo number.  She kicked him out of the line and another staff had to come help him go to another officer, this was at DM a year ago yes I ended up with same lady and she wanted my moo number. I forgot it, I just stood their like 5 min.  I told her my address again in Thai, she ,I kept my cool but was let in with no problems. That was first and only time I had any issues or that I witnessed others having issues in my 20 years here 

On ‎8‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 1:34 AM, FredGallaher said:

Have a believable answer to any question, if asked. Might be good to have adequate funds in a Thai bank, so you can show them. Airports have been reported as problems.

Reported when by who ? 

Given it is a legitimate visa I'm baffled as to what the interrogation could entail ?

On 8/17/2019 at 9:06 AM, ozfarang said:

You make a lot of assumptions there in that post with absolutely no hard facts or statistics to back up what you believe.

I've done a few runs to Laos and 90% of the visa run company customers are filipino's getting tourist visas. They are not in Thailand as tourists.

You see the irony in your post?

On 8/13/2019 at 9:56 AM, jackdd said:

IOs worry that people who stay in Thailand long term on tourist visas work illegally. They could have the same worries about people on multiple non-o visas. An IO would probably not consider a multiple non-o to be appropriate to stay in Thailand all year long.

If the IOs continue to do what they are currently doing, it's probably just a matter of time until we hear of people with multiple non-o visas being denied for having been in Thailand too long and that they should get a one year extension in an immigration office if they want to live in Thailand.

Currently we didn't have any such reports and you should be fine.

Multi O gives a valid reason for being in Thailand and WP can be obtained with this visa....no reason whatsoever for IO to have worries

On ‎8‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 1:39 PM, jackdd said:

I guess the majority of people who stay most of the year in Thailand and who use the Non-O ME visa do so because they can't satisfy the requirements to get a one year extension, not because they like to leave the country every 90 days.

Nonsense - I can satisfy the requirements many times over but choose this way as the least hassle. Never have to deal with immigration, never have to worry about money in the bank at this time, at that time,  for this long etc etc, no questions, inspections or any of the crap people allegedly go through on here- and for this have to use 4 days a year when I make a long weekend of it. I'm shocked given the amount of people whining about immigration on here more don't do it.

I will be doing it until they tell me I can't - and as it makes a few quid for the borders I'm guessing that won't be soon.

22 hours ago, ozfarang said:

Who's naive Maxy?

You enter Thailand, you are in the system. I've been entering and exiting Thailand for 40 years so I have a fair idea how and what is required as far as visas are concerned, to stay for short or long periods. I'm not a tourist. 

Do some more homework(facts) and don't assume.

We don't need to do any home work and we don't assume. I think you're living in a bubble.

5 hours ago, baansgr said:

Multi O gives a valid reason for being in Thailand and WP can be obtained with this visa....no reason whatsoever for IO to have worries

Correct baansgr, it's all the "tourists' trying to live in Thailand without an appropriate visa who have problems on entry. I've never been questioned in 40 years.