Gated communities Bangkok

Can anyone give me experiences off staying In gated communities? Are they worth the extra money? Can anyone recommend some communities within reasonable distance from downtown bkk. I'm not a commuter so work isn't an  issue. 

Check T77 in On Nut. It's gated with a small (rather useless but with a good co-working space) community mall and was developed by Sansiri. There are different condos like Garden Square (House), Hasu Haus, Mori Haus and The Base (not so nice). Also has a shuttle leaving every 20 minutes to BTS and each condo has their own extra shuttle going at different times. 

Always stay in, and now live in, a gated community. For my personal peace-of-mind I demand the security provided by gate and roving guards. Premise being that as a falang I have a "rich person" target on my back making my abode a choice and promising location for burglary. That being said, no two gated communities are alike. Review the specific communities security measures and protocols. Ask about just what protection you are paying for, and, carry insurance.

Caveat Emptor 

Any gated community built by a big brand name Property company.

The middle to upper middle-class people who tend to buy in Land & House, Sansiri and Perfect Place developments are too busy making money to annoy you!

There are two Perfect Place Developments near Lat Krabang. (20 minutes on Airport Link to Phayathai)

The one next to Paseo Mall is very nice and there is a new Robinsons being built right next door.

https://www.pf.co.th/th/project/single-house/perfect-place/sukhumvit77-suvarnabhumi

You can definitely rent there for the money you are talking about.

RAZZ

On 8/14/2019 at 2:51 PM, Dnyy said:

Check T77 in On Nut. It's gated with a small (rather useless but with a good co-working space) community mall and was developed by Sansiri. There are different condos like Garden Square (House), Hasu Haus, Mori Haus and The Base (not so nice). Also has a shuttle leaving every 20 minutes to BTS and each condo has their own extra shuttle going at different times. 

Excellent info

thanks 

Archived