BTS demanded passport to top up pass card

atyclb

On 8/17/2019 at 2:57 AM, smutcakes said:

I have never had to show my ID. I top up every other month or so, so probably 3 times since 15th Feb. Maybe i have just been lucky and the staff lazy and one of these next times i will need to show.

Or maybe you're just not being truthful? 

Why should you have been the only one to escape the ID requirement and be allowed to top-up your card continuously, each time managing to get only the "lazy staff members", as you so disparagingly call them, to serve you since the regulation was introduced?   

What you claim doesn't add up at all.

On 8/17/2019 at 1:16 AM, atyclb said:

absolutely agree and since ANYONE can buy plastic fare tokens with cash no questions asked why should the fare card be any different?????????

No idea, but I didn't say that there should be any difference. I was commenting on the subject of the OP and the unlikely claim of one poster, not on the rationale behind the regulation.

1 minute ago, Just Weird said:

Why should you have been the only one to escape the ID requirement and be allowed to top-up your card continuously, each time managing to get only the "lazy staff members", as you so disparagingly call them, to serve you since the regulation was introduced?   

If they ask for ID i will provide it, i have no issue giving it and dont mind whatever reason they ask for it. For one reason or another they have not.

It would be a pretty meaningless and odd thing to lie about. 

I am sure you will correct me as you know everything.

Just now, smutcakes said:

If they ask for ID i will provide it, i have no issue giving it and dont mind whatever reason they ask for it. For one reason or another they have not.

It would be a pretty meaningless and odd thing to lie about. 

I am sure you will correct me as you know everything.

"It would be a pretty meaningless and odd thing to lie about". 

Exactly.  But your started your claim so perhaps you felt that you had to continue digging your hole and now you seem to be backing off it a little!

8 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

"It would be a pretty meaningless and odd thing to lie about". 

Exactly.  But your started your claim so perhaps you felt that you had to continue digging your hole and now you seem to be backing off it a little!

Why would i have to keep digging, for what and to prove what? You have provided an incorrect opinion which you have no way of proving is correct. (And is in fact incorrect). You are essentially claiming someone is lying with zero evidence!! 

On 8/12/2019 at 6:44 PM, kellersphuket said:

Cash is the way to go.

I ain't scanning my passport for any commercial outfit,

You never know whose hands those photocopies could end up in!

I guess you don't ride the BTS. There is no photocopy made. Waiting in line during any time except absolute off-peak is a waste of a life. 

28 minutes ago, smutcakes said:

Why would i have to keep digging, for what and to prove what? You have provided an incorrect opinion which you have no way of proving is correct. (And is in fact incorrect). You are essentially claiming someone is lying with zero evidence!! 

Why?...to convince others of your claim that you're the only one not to have to provide ID and register your Rabbit card!

I have provided an opinion, a very reasonable opinion in the circumstances considering the regulations around Rabbit cards, and you have no way of proving that my opinion is incorrect either.

You are, not essentially, but actually, claiming that money laundering-related regulations that apply to everyone else have not been applied to you and you expect others to believe that is due to "lazy BTS staff", coincidentally, every time you top up!

Sure.

5 minutes ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

THE big deal is that now they can follow all your movements,

or steal your identity.

"Big deal"?  What big deal is that?  The authorities already have that DL identity information!  How come you weren't bothered about it before Rabbit card registration? 

How come you are so paranoid that you're worried that your trips between BTS stations are being monitored?  If you are that worried, how come you're not concerned about those blokes following you on all your trips?

Thaivisa Forum: "Thailand is such a lawless state, the government is not doing anything, ....blablablabla"

*New(Old) laws and regulations being enforced*

Thaivisa Forum: "That's it for me, I am leaving, too much hassle, Thailand bad, Vietnam good"

I've read this requirement for a while and had passport with me several times when topping up, but when handing it to clerk, it was pushed back with "no need". Is this only for some types of cards? Mine is orange coloured standard adult BTS Rabbit stored value card...

8 hours ago, Just Weird said:

I use the BTS every day and top up 1,000 baht each time.  SInce the rule came in I probably topped up 5-6 times before I was finally asked for my passport (which I always had with me).  Finally I was asked and I registered it - took two minutes.

So I don't think the poster was lying as it was the same as my experience.

7 hours ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

THE big deal is that now they can follow all your movements,

or steal your identity.

Oooooooh yeah, now they can track your movements between BTS stations!  If you are a canny criminal you can go down to the MRT and get away, or walk somewhere, or get a taxi - you foiled the BTS trackers!!

Seriously, people are paranoid about being tracked between BTS stations without realising how ridiculous that sounds.

Archived