A vote of no confidence in PM Johnson? Labour says: it's an option

snoop1130

A vote of no confidence in PM Johnson? Labour says: it's an option

642.JPG

FILE PHOTO: Britain's Prime Minister Boris Johnson arrives to welcome King Abdullah II of Jordan outside 10 Downing Street in London, Britain August 7, 2019. REUTERS/Toby Melville

LONDON (Reuters) - Britain’s opposition Labour Party said on Monday that a vote of no confidence in the government of Prime Minister Boris Johnson was a possibility and that it was talking to other parties in parliament on options.

When asked by the BBC if there would be a vote of no confidence, Labour’s Diane Abbott replied: “Who has confidence in Boris Johnson apart from the people around him?”

Abbott, the Labour Party’s interior minister-in-waiting, said it was above her pay grade to say if there would be such a vote but that “it had to be an option.”

“We are talking to all of the other parties in parliament and if we move for a vote of no confidence we want to do it with confidence that we can win it,” Abbott said.

reuters_logo.jpg

2 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Britain’s opposition Labour Party said on Monday that a vote of no confidence in the government of Prime Minister Boris Johnson was a possibility and that it was talking to other parties in parliament on options.

Great news. 

35 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Just give them a year or two to make a decision. They're not sure if they support Leave or remain yet.

PS is that you or Jimmy Saville in your avatar pic? 

Let the people decide in a general election with one issue at the centre of it: deal/no deal/remain. 

PS: I do not care for snide remarks attempting to link me to pedophile scum.  

7 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

Let the people decide in a general election with one issue at the centre of it: deal/no deal/remain. 

PS: I do not care for snide remarks attempting to link me to pedophile scum.  

it was a very stupid remark, as it happens.

Anyway as a distraction from a very difficult question, that is likely to provide more questions than answers and as this is the Glorious 12th the Labour party has moved on to the very important issue of banning another sport of the gentry.

Grouse shooting: Labour calls for review amid habitat concerns

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-49315258?intlink_from_url=https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/politics&link_location=live-reporting-story

Posted in memory of a certain Grouse that seem to have been bagged out of season...

16 hours ago, edwinchester said:

I have alot more confidence in those two rather than the self serving loathsome liars that inhabit the Tory Party.

It is the awful question of who is worse, Johnson or Corbyn. I personally don't know!

7 hours ago, Basil B said:

Anyway as a distraction from a very difficult question, that is likely to provide more questions than answers and as this is the Glorious 12th the Labour party has moved on to the very important issue of banning another sport of the gentry.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-49315258?intlink_from_url=https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/politics&link_location=live-reporting-story

Posted in memory of a certain Grouse that seem to have been bagged out of season...

I've seen them in the Borders, piling out of their range rovers, dressed up in brand new tweeds, waddling 500yards up to the butts on the moor, where many even get the keepers to reload their shotguns for them. Not actually gentry (A dying breed) just rich scum pretending to be. Whats the difference between a range rover and a hedgehog?.............pricks on the outside.

However, reassuring to see the LP focussing on the big issue of the day for a change! Resentment politics - in this case disguised as care for the environment. Let's re-ignite the class war on the grouse moors, choose a battleground where neither of the protagonists comes out bathed in glory. I can't imagine that there is anything more important that the party needs to think about.  Oh ....a vote of no confidence........glad they remembered that. 

3 minutes ago, AGareth2 said:

that looks like three!

Oh dear, I didn’t make this simplistic enough, for those who are easily confused, let me explain. 

An issue is the problem/argument at the centre of a debate. 

An option or choice is a possible solution to that issue. These can vary in number. 

I really thought that that it was obvious I was putting forward possible options that could form a solution. 

Foolish of me to assume everyone could understand that. 

17 hours ago, edwinchester said:

I have alot more confidence in those two rather than the self serving loathsome liars that inhabit the Tory Party.

I'm afraid you'll be disappointing by self serving racist, terrorist loving, anti-semitic marxists who inhabit the Labor Party.

14 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

Great news. 

Regardless of anyone's views on Brexit, Johnson and his crack-pot adviser cannot be allowed to suspend parliament to frustrate the UK's Sovereign body from doing its job. No PM can be allowed to set that precedent. Boris is currently playing for time and running the clock down.

The last person to suspend parliament was Charles 1. Worked out well for him!

23 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

Regardless of anyone's views on Brexit, Johnson and his crack-pot adviser cannot be allowed to suspend parliament to frustrate the UK's Sovereign body from doing its job. No PM can be allowed to set that precedent. Boris is currently playing for time and running the clock down.

The last person to suspend parliament was Charles 1. Worked out well for him!

Apparently he was OK for a while, "Charles 1 walked and talked half an hour after his head was cut off". 

The famous missing comma, sometimes known as the chicken comma. A colon would have been better though.

7 hours ago, Baerboxer said:

I'm afraid you'll be disappointing by self serving racist, terrorist loving, anti-semitic marxists who inhabit the Labor Party.

Please enlighten us , on the virtues of the  politically correct Tory party .

PS. you may refer to ex Tory party leaders .

No offence intended...

16 hours ago, Basil B said:

Grouse and Bomber , rest in peace .  555

1 hour ago, elliss said:

Grouse and Bomber , rest in peace .  555

I wouldn't worry too much about grouse elliss, afterall it is the glorious 12th, he will still be amongst us flying about like a bird possessed, if only in mind or spirit.

Corbunkel cant even bring down a minority Tory government backed up with a Arlene the slayer when he is more unpopular than the <deleted> we have already got what a shambles labour is in as Boris the blade surges in popularity there is no credible opposition to stand in his way????

Archived