BANGKOK
snoop1130

Brexit Party's Farage ridicules Harry and Meghan with jibe at UK royals - Guardian

10 minutes ago, damascase said:

...........53 countries in the Commonwealth, most of them shafted in the past by the UK. 

Just out of interest did Belgium ever colonise other countries, if they did were those countries ever "shafted"

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, damascase said:

...........53 countries in the Commonwealth, most of them shafted in the past by the UK. 

Who did we miss out? ( 😊 )

Edited by evadgib
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, sawadee1947 said:

Oh dear, does hurt so much? No answers? Just being upset? 

Well, you got your history and you live in times of Empire and "Splendid Isolation" but I'm living in the present and might have some good years to come. The times of "Rule Britannia " are over long time ago. But if you believe in fairy tales where Kings and Queens were protagonists...... well, then I let you go with it. 

The route of your beef with UK lies much closer to home.

Edited by evadgib
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

And another extremely inflammatory post and reply

On ‎8‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 11:35 PM, snoop1130 said:

According to the Guardian, Farage ridiculed Harry’s remarks last month that the couple only wanted two children because of the environmental impact,

Having no children would be a better message to send. The world is overpopulated, the oceans are polluted because too many people keep putting plastic in it, too many people are destroying the rain forests so they can have soap etc etc etc.

Zero children is the best way to solve the problem.

On ‎8‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 7:05 PM, vogie said:

Just out of interest did Belgium ever colonise other countries, if they did were those countries ever "shafted"

?

Belgium "colonised" the Congo and were very barbaric in their rule of it. Completely shafted the Congo.

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

?

Belgium "colonised" the Congo and were very barbaric in their rule of it. Completely shafted the Congo.

Yes I know, I have read about the nice King Leopold. I was sick of people having a go at the Brits when they have history too. People in glass houses and all that.

• Confused 1

Posted (edited)
On 8/12/2019 at 7:25 PM, Handsome Gardener said:

So give us the actual transcript please 

Though having said that I agree with the sentiment - utterly absurd family.

They own several grouse moors too, family history of killing lots of game birds don't you know...

Edited by JAG
  • Haha 1

On 8/13/2019 at 7:55 AM, Chomper Higgot said:

Farage is overwhelmed with his own self of importance attacking an institution held dear by many, both Remainers and Brexiteers.

Not to mention one supported and revered above any other British institution by The Guardian, eh?

Posted (edited)
On 8/14/2019 at 1:46 PM, evadgib said:

"Your Majesty, Her Majesty, Your Majesty" is said to have been the correct protocol for HM's lady-in-waiting to announce who was on the end of a phone she was passing to the Queen whenever her mother called.

She is reported to have on one occasion called down stairs to two rather openly gay footmen: "when you two old queens have finished gossiping, this old Queen would like a gin!"

Edited by JAG
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, JAG said:

She is reported to have on one occasion called down stairs to two rather openly gay footmen: "when you two old queens have finished gossiping, this old Queen would like a gin!"

She also supposedly tapped Noel Coward on the shoulder at a film premiere when he was eyeing off some young male beauties and said "Come along Noel, I'm sure they counted them first"