BANGKOK
shackleton

can my son sponsor me for the yearly Non O visa

14 hours ago, tcp7 said:

So to make it clear, the day my child reaches 21 I will be well over my 50s, can my child support me without any financial requirements whatsoever either from him/her/me then?

I have not seen anything about the child must be 21..

10 hours ago, tcp7 said:

If you acquire a property in Thailand as a foreigner, then you designate your Thai partner (wife, girlfriend, whatever) as the house master and she registers your kid to the same blue book, there is the possibility (and I believe it’s automatically done) to have the mother and the father listed on said blue book, thus completely removing the necessity of having a yellow book.

The question is, if you go to your local Amphoe, with your wife, your kid, your blue book (which has your name translated in Thai), your Thai kid birth certificate (which also has your name written in Thai), can we then apply for the pink ID card without 1) needing to make a yellow book first as these would be “redundant” and 2) without needing a legalized certified translation of our name in Thai as it is already present on not one, but *two* documents you’re attaching to your Pink ID card application?

You are only shown in the blue house book as being the father of your child. You are not registered in it. In order to be registered in a house book you would need to have a ID number.

You have to apply for a yellow house book to get a ID number that would be shown in your registration in it. That ID number is required to get the pink ID card.

7 hours ago, Huckenfell said:

Am i right in saying that a person over 50 with a Thai wife and a guaranteed income of BHT 40,000 per month can get the O visa.

You can be any age. Not just 50+

Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You are only shown in the blue house book as being the father of your child. You are not registered in it. In order to be registered in a house book you would need to have a ID number.

You have to apply for a yellow house book to get a ID number that would be shown in your registration in it. That ID number is required to get the pink ID card.

Now it makes sense, I’m shown in the book as “existing” or “recognized” as a father but not officially registered.

Gotcha.

Producing my child birth certificate with my name translated in Thai along with the blue book with also my name in Thai, will it allow me to skip the tedious step of getting my name translated and certified by the MFA at least? (in order to get the yellow book easier and faster).

Also if I’m marrying her, the marriage certificate should also have my name transcripted in Thai shouldn’t it?

The more documents, the better I suppose?

Thanks again @ubonjoe.

Edited by tcp7
Typos.

Posted (edited)
On 8/13/2019 at 11:15 AM, shackleton said:

as already mentioned has anyone here on Thai visa  had their son /daughter sponsor them ?

plus what paperwork is required 

regards 

A friend is in the process of getting an extension by having his child support him.  Talked to him early last week after they had gone to immigration (several times) to finish the paperwork.  He was waiting for immigration to visit his home and interview the neigbours.  His daughter definitely had to meet financial income requirements although I don't know the number, but I will ask him.  He was receiving extensions for many years based on having a Thai child, but the immigration office he deals with told him that after 20 he can no longer do it this way.  Ubon Joe, I realize they are incorrect and I told him that, but...

Edited by kanook
  • Like 1