THAI monitoring HK airport situation

snoop1130

THAI monitoring HK airport situation

By THE NATION

A35001.jpg

Thai Airways International is evaluating the situation in Hong Kong day by day after thousands of anti-government protesters descended on the city’s airport, causing a series of flight cancellations.

THAI president Sumeth Damrongchaitham said the national carrier had an “emergency plan” to cope with the situation.

THAI cancelled three flights on Tuesday – Hong Kong-bound TG606 scheduled to depart Bangkok at 4pm and TG602 at 6.30pm, and Bangkok-bound TG607, scheduled to leave Hong Kong at 8.45pm.

The China Post reported earlier on Monday that all flights out of Hong Kong International Airport had been cancelled for the rest of the day.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/business/30374634

logo2.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2019-08-12

1 minute ago, brewsterbudgen said:

A shame Thailand can't produce protesters as brave and as committed as those in Hong Kong.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

There is no longer military rule under the junta.  peaceful protests allowed but STILL they do nothing and happily go about their lives. Its only dummy big Bwana's that don't get it.

I guess you weren't here when the yellows took over airport in similar manner, and reds burned center of Bangkok?
Regretably, I was. Both those unwarranted protests were against (ostensibly) democratically elected governments. Since 2014 there has been real justification for HK style protests. But, almost nothing [emoji17]

Sent from my SM-A500F using Tapatalk

Brave? Aiming laser pointer at the eyes of the cops and facial recognition cameras? Throwing bricks and Molotov cocktails? Blockading streets and harassing uninvolved citizens? Brave? More like thugs.

A shame Thailand can't produce protesters as brave and as committed as those in Hong Kong.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Sent from my Nokia 6.1 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

2 hours ago, NokNokJoke said:

Brave? Aiming laser pointer at the eyes of the cops and facial recognition cameras? Throwing bricks and Molotov cocktails? Blockading streets and harassing uninvolved citizens? Brave? More like thugs.

https://eur03.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Ftwitter.com%2FStephenMcDonell%2Fstatus%2F1160580199924281344&data=02|01||78ade43c20e44d9374ca08d71f7c1ac0|84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa|1|0|637012490195992390&sdata=Ru8zEJXDPAearCJI%2FzA9jEZcU1jJq0Ivl4dwr4wEVfI%3D&reserved=0

I don't condone any level of violence.

UPDATE:

Hong Kong's airport reopens on Tuesday after unprecedented closure

2019-08-13T005426Z_1_LYNXNPEF7C01Q_RTROPTP_4_HONGKONG-PROTESTS.JPG

Passengers queue at check-in counters as the airport reopened a day after flights were halted due to a protest, at Hong Kong International Airport, China August 13, 2019. REUTERS/Issei Kato

HONG KONG (Reuters) - Hong Kong's airport reopened on Tuesday but its administrator warned that flight movements would still be affected, after China said widespread anti-government protests that halted flights a day earlier showed "sprouts of terrorism".

Full story: https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1117427-hong-kongs-airport-reopens-on-tuesday-after-unprecedented-closure/

11 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Regretably, I was. Both those unwarranted protests were against (ostensibly) democratically elected governments. Since 2014 there has been real justification for HK style protests. But, almost nothing emoji17.png

I got stranded too when they took over the airport 2008 while flying in - first for a couple of days in Dubai and then diverted to Manila for a week. Although the whole experience turned out to be rather enjoyable, I couldn't agree more about the real justification for protests under the current administration. 

3 hours ago, Oliver Holzerfilled said:

President Xi's azhole is so tight right now trying to decide what to do you couldn't shove a toothpick up it with a sledgehammer.

Oh, I don't think that's necessarily true if you watch the footage going round on Chinese social media.

Added to which it's not really his job. He has a Security Minister that takes care of these sorts of things.

Now they've brought out the slingshots and ball bearings and the molotov cocktails, I'm afraid it's gloves off time and they've brought it on themselves. Wave your placard all you like and sing your rebel songs, but once you start with the lethal weapons, you're out of your depth.

6 hours ago, NokNokJoke said:

Incorrect, the thugs are the oppressors in Bejing. The protesters want to remain free from an authoritarian regime. Wouldn't you?

3 hours ago, lamyai3 said:

I got stranded too when they took over the airport 2008 while flying in - first for a couple of days in Dubai and then diverted to Manila for a week. Although the whole experience turned out to be rather enjoyable, I couldn't agree more about the real justification for protests under the current administration. 

I'll bet you had a ball in Manila.....

16 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

THAI president Sumeth Damrongchaitham said the national carrier had an “emergency plan” to cope with the situation.

Lol... shame he hasn't got a similar one to save the airline !!

5 hours ago, Oziex1 said:

Incorrect, the thugs are the oppressors in Bejing. The protesters want to remain free from an authoritarian regime. Wouldn't you?

I'm sure their half-assed violent uprising will stop tiny China!      

No sense in trying more productive venues to change what is going to happen, legally.

12 hours ago, NokNokJoke said:

Add a few grenades and some burning buildings and you could nearly imagine it is like the red shirts of Thailand. 

Archived