maximum amount of tourist visas per year

ive recently been rejected for my ED visa, and pretty much given up on that route.

Is there a maximum amount of single entry tourist visas you can get in one year? ive already had 2 x 60 day visas. One from home in UK, then one from Kuala Lumpur, both were extended for 1900 baht at chaeng wattana in bangkok.

If the visa was granted is there still a chance that the I.O would reject me at the airport, given that there is an ED visa in my passport with a VOID stamp on it.

Thanks in advance for any advise.

There is a limit with TR visa. Is about 8-9 times before you will get remarks from the embassy, and there’s a limit 2 times per calendar year for 30 days visa. But if you are from ASEAN country they temporary lifted the limit CMIIW

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, mrfil said:

Thanks for the advise. I have a Thai son so will be going for the O parent visa in HCMC in the next few days and ill update on how it goes, until then i may as well stop stressing, enjoy some pho and banh mi ????

Make sure you spend some time in Bui Vien st. Plenty friendly folk there and cheap booze a bonus.

1 minute ago, cowbee said:

Also I want to know you how your ED visa rejected?

They wouldnt give a reason, it just had a VOID stamp on the visa. They said after i complained that itwas a problem with paper work. some members on here have mentioned there are new rules especially harshly applied in vietnam

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cowbee said:

Also I want to know you how your ED visa rejected?

Most likely because he obtained one previously along with couple of setv + extensions.

Re Your previous post. There is a limit on visa exempt entries at border to 2 per calendar yr. There is no limit on visa exempt (30 days, they are not visas) at airports.....however eventually will be denied entry. As for setv ....by applying at various consulates you could possibly obtain quite a few however entry via air would eventually result in being denied. That becomes very messy.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Most likely because he obtained one previously along with couple of setv + extensions.

Re Your previous post. There is a limit on visa exempt entries at border to 2 per calendar yr. There is no limit on visa exempt (30 days, they are not visas) at airports.....however eventually will be denied entry. As for setv ....by applying at various consulates you could possibly obtain quite a few however entry via air would eventually result in being denied. That becomes very messy.

this was my first ED visa application, from a private language school in Bangkok. a lot of their students have had their visas voided recently in ho chi minh and a few other countries. they seem to want you to use their agent who for an extra fee will be able to sort it out.

and yes I just had 2 setv + extensions this year.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, emptypockets said:

I guess they see you as trying to live in Thailand on tourist visas. That is not sustainable in the long term.

You might find doing the father thing visa is not so easy either. Either way good luck.

any reason why it would be hard?

4 hours ago, cowbee said:

There is a limit with TR visa. Is about 8-9 times before you will get remarks from the embassy, and there’s a limit 2 times per calendar year for 30 days visa. But if you are from ASEAN country they temporary lifted the limit CMIIW

Eeh? There is not any limit on 8-9 before you get remarks from any embassy. They sometimes give remarks already on after the second or third, if you apply with the same passport at the same embassy. Some embassy´s also look on visas granted in other embassy´s. Also there is many different report of this where one person gets his 5th TR and the same day other are rejected with only 2-3 previous. So, no limit on that at all.

The big risk with more than 2-3 TR visa in your passport is that many IO´s at airports start to look at your history and asking questions as well as a possibility for denial of entry.

The limit per calendar year you´re mentioning is not regarding how many visas. Here you are mixing the rule about maximum 2 land border crossings into Thailand per calendar year for people who use exempt entry (30 day with no visa applied for).

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Totoandlilly said:

There is no limit on how many tourist visas you can get.

That’s not correct. There is no set limit, but the individual embassies/consulates have their own limits and rules, which are regularly changing these days.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Make sure you spend some time in Bui Vien st. Plenty friendly folk there and cheap booze a bonus.

Is kims cafe & rolling stones bar there,i was there 97 & loved it,hired a cyclo driver for 5 us dollars a day,took me everywhere,i would also buy him food & beer,1 night he was that pissed he was in the basket i was pedalling,used him everyday,be back there next month as my 90 days in malaysia is up but be back

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, cowbee said:

The 2 times limit per calender year is about border runs. The type of Visa that immigration is coming down hard on, is 30 days Visa exempt at the airports. There are rumours about 5-6 30 days Visa exempt in a row will cause problem or even rejection. Like I said, rumours. 

17 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

There are rumours about people arriving at airports with 5-6 30 days Visa exempt in a row plus they didn't have 20000 baht in cash,were rejected. I have never heard about people with several 60 days TR Visa, who had any kind of problem.

31 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

There are rumours about people arriving at airports with 5-6 30 days Visa exempt in a row plus they didn't have 20000 baht in cash,were rejected. I have never heard about people with several 60 days TR Visa, who had any kind of problem.

I'm not about to search it out. However I have read a few. One comes to mind UK guy did less than several. All up he was in los tad over a year. Went to Saigon for another setv. Obtained no problem. Arrived back DM....denied entry. Flown back to Saigon. They alao refused entry. Perhaps because being UK he entered visa exempt and they would not issue back to back. In any event he was then flown to UK, at his expense. 

You might wish to search "rejected bkk with METV or setv"

Or many other examples.

BTW TVF represents very small number of foreign folk here. For one denied entry report you could multiply by x for actual number. 

Edited by DrJack54

12 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

I'm not about to search it out. However I have read a few. One comes to mind UK guy did less than several. All up he was in los tad over a year. Went to Saigon for another setv. Obtained no problem. Arrived back DM....denied entry. Flown back to Saigon. They alao refused entry. Perhaps because being UK he entered visa exempt and they would not issue back to back. In any event he was then flown to UK, at his expense. 

You might wish to search "rejected bkk with METV or setv"

Or many other examples.

BTW TVF represents very small number of foreign folk here. For one denied entry report you could multiply by x for actual number. 

Immigration is starting to dislike 60 days TR obtained in neighboring countries, even in Vietnam. METV obtained in your country is ok,but from Vietnam,not so much.  

2 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

Immigration is starting to dislike 60 days TR obtained in neighboring countries, even in Vietnam. METV obtained in your country is ok,but from Vietnam,not so much.  

So your in a way saying that stay in los ongoing on setv and extensions then mix in the two visa exempt entries border and before you start with the setv do a few fly in from neighbouring countries VE. 

Then swan back home to visit UK or wherever, apply for a METV and all will be cherry ripe. 

IMHO be carefully when recommending "she will be right". Stay year + nip home and return on METV. Serious?

9 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

You applied for METV in Saigon? Can you guide me through that process because you cannot obtain METV in Vietnam. Might be possible if your vietnamese

If one comes say 3 or 4 times a year on a visa exempt, stays in a hotel for genuine holidays (and not to dodge any rules) with a EU passport and stays say for 2 weeks for each trip, I doubt that any immigration officer will make a fuss. Or should visa exempt holiday tourists need to go to Vietnam instead if they are not wanted anymore here ?

6 minutes ago, observer90210 said:

If one comes say 3 or 4 times a year on a visa exempt, stays in a hotel for genuine holidays (and not to dodge any rules) with a EU passport and stays say for 2 weeks for each trip, I doubt that any immigration officer will make a fuss. Or should visa exempt holiday tourists need to go to Vietnam instead if they are not wanted anymore here ?

Clearly you did not read OP. He is wishing to stay in los ongoing or as long as can.

The tourist you describe in your post will have zero problems doing what you outline. However has zip to do with thread.

6 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

So your in a way saying that stay in los ongoing on setv and extensions then mix in the two visa exempt entries border and before you start with the setv do a few fly in from neighbouring countries VE. 

Then swan back home to visit UK or wherever, apply for a METV and all will be cherry ripe. 

IMHO be carefully when recommending "she will be right". Stay year + nip home and return on METV. Serious?

I am not saying anything how to do it. The way immigration changed the border runs to twice in a calender year,was actually to make it possible for people with a 60 days TR Visa from home, to stay a quite long time in Thailand. 60 days plus a 30 days extension at immigration plus at least one border run makes it 4 months. Not so bad for a tourist. I promise you, immigration will get much harder on 30 days exempt visas from day one. And in combination with no proof of money even harder. 

10 minutes ago, observer90210 said:

3-4 times will never be a problem. Especially when arriving by airplane.

It's the constant border running the immigration doesn't like. 

22 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

I am not saying anything how to do it. The way immigration changed the border runs to twice in a calender year,was actually to make it possible for people with a 60 days TR Visa from home, to stay a quite long time in Thailand. 60 days plus a 30 days extension at immigration plus at least one border run makes it 4 months. Not so bad for a tourist. I promise you, immigration will get much harder on 30 days exempt visas from day one. And in combination with no proof of money even harder. 

Really think your missing the point. The title of thread is "max # of TV per year. As for your comments re visa exempt much harder....its all about history and pattern of visiting los. The same applies to setv. To add to all that your comment " proof of money" has zip to do with it. If denied entry at airport then most likely you will not even have chance to show the green in pocket. They have made their decision already based on too many back to back stays in Thailand. 

Anyway....agree to disagree. 

Cheers.

23 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Really think your missing the point. The title of thread is "max # of TV per year. As for your comments re visa exempt much harder....its all about history and pattern of visiting los. The same applies to setv. To add to all that your comment " proof of money" has zip to do with it. If denied entry at airport then most likely you will not even have chance to show the green in pocket. They have made their decision already based on too many back to back stays in Thailand. 

Anyway....agree to disagree. 

Cheers.

You don't seem to understand that a lot of people don't really know what a Tourist Visa is. It's only one,the 60 days TR. I know a lot of people who thinks the 30 days you get at the airports, is a Visa. That's why I try to explain the ongoing problems with the 30-days Visa exempt. I think it was last week 13 people got refused at the Suwarnabhumi airport because of a combo of several visa exempts and no proof of money. 

1 minute ago, Max69xl said:

You don't seem to understand that a lot of people don't really know what a Tourist Visa is. It's only one,the 60 days TR. I know a lot of people who thinks the 30 days you get at the airports, is a Visa. That's why I try to explain the ongoing problems with the 30-days Visa exempt. I think it was last week 13 people got refused at the Suwarnabhumi airport because of a combo of several visa exempts and no proof of money. 

Geezus. I give up. Its not no proof of money. Having 20k even USD on your person will not help. The folk you are referring to most likely were bouncing via airports with ongoing stay in los. Often with day or 2 outside Thailand. Passport control already made the decision upon viewing passport. Your several posts above are shifting sands. Think you mentioned METV from Saigon and visa exempt. Yes many people refer to VE as 30 day visa. Fact is again this thread is about max setv per year. 

If entering visa exempt cash in sky rocket will not help. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, mrfil said:

Thanks for the advise. I have a Thai son so will be going for the O parent visa in HCMC in the next few days and ill update on how it goes, until then i may as well stop stressing, enjoy some pho and banh mi ????

I've just recently spoken to a guy who's in a similar situation that they want to see him having 400 K on a bank account, similar to the Non- O, married to a Thai. 

If I were you, I'd get in touch with them and call, or email them before.