BANGKOK 19 August 2019 08:55
Srshort38

Round-trip from US to Thailand with European stop

My husband and I are planning a month long trip to Thailand and are considering trying to fly out of Thailand to somewhere in Europe on our way home. Any ideas of what the cheapest European city to fly into?

5 minutes ago, bwpage3 said:

Ok, so we are going to Thailand in December this year. 

Miami, Florida to Zurich Switzerland to Bangkok on Swiss Air (Flight was booked through United)

Return trip is ANA Airlines Bangkok to Norita, Japan non-stop to New Jersey USA, then Miami

Round trip fare was US $920 per person

Thanks for the reply! How long are you staying in Zurich and Japan or are they just layovers?

1 hour ago, bwpage3 said:

Miami, Florida to Zurich Switzerland to Bangkok on Swiss Air (Flight was booked through United)

Return trip is ANA Airlines Bangkok to Norita, Japan non-stop to New Jersey USA, then Miami

Zurich is one of the most expensive cities in the world. 

1 hour ago, Srshort38 said:

Any ideas of what the cheapest European city to fly into?

Do you want to visit a cheap or a beautiful city?

Dollar is pegging strong against the pound at the moment so London might be a good bet. Plenty to see of course.

Loads of cheap flights from the US. I take it you are based on the east coast?

13 hours ago, bwpage3 said:

Swiss Air and ANA were booked through United? How do you do that?

Could I do something similar with EVA?

2 hours ago, elgenon said:

Swiss Air and ANA were booked through United? How do you do that?

Could I do something similar with EVA?

It is a common code share..  Swiss Air and ANA flights were booked with United flight numbers.  Or, it could be the other way around. On flight search engines you will often see flights with the exact same times and destinations but different airlines.  These would be code share flights.  You have to do a bit of research to figure out who the actual carrier is.

EVA air is Taiwan based so it would probably be hard to find a code share through Europe.

17 hours ago, Srshort38 said:

Thanks for the reply! How long are you staying in Zurich and Japan or are they just layovers?

Just layovers

I think about 7 to 8 hours in Zurich

1 hour ago, AAArdvark said:

It is a common code share..  Swiss Air and ANA flights were booked with United flight numbers.  Or, it could be the other way around. On flight search engines you will often see flights with the exact same times and destinations but different airlines.  These would be code share flights.  You have to do a bit of research to figure out who the actual carrier is.

EVA air is Taiwan based so it would probably be hard to find a code share through Europe.

Yes correct. The flights were booked with United code sharing with Swiss Air and Ana

One thing I learned, is the price can be drastically more depending on the exact departure day and return day.

I basically sorted through December and found a departure date and return date that was the cheapest.

If I was confined to an actual date, I think the price could have been much higher

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Blue bruce said:

Norwegian air flys BKK to Denmark & Copenhagen than on to US

Careful with them.  They are in a lot of financial trouble.

21 hours ago, AAArdvark said:

Thanks. Is that within an alliance then?