Teaching Bachelor Degree?

steven12

I am planning to go to Chichester College to do the TEFL course. I am a Thai national ID holder because my Mum is Thai and I have lived and travelled there before. From the information I have gathered the Bachelor degree is to ensure recruits can get a work permit when in Thailand. Since I am dropping out of uni to come to Thailand, I won't have a degree. But because I have a Thai national ID and hopeful get my passport soon I won't have the need for a work permit. 
Can anybody confer this information? Employers would see that my situation is unusual considering I am a native English speaker and am also Thai. However from I've hears this should benefit me in the job hunt.

Any information on this matter would be much appreciated. 
Thanks,

Steven

You can get work in a language school without a degree. As mentioned, you will need a degree (and a WP if employed as a foreigner) in a regular school. If you are employed as a Thai you may be offered a salary of a Thai teacher. Thai teachers are also supposed to have degree to be able to work in a regular school. 

18 hours ago, steven12 said:

Employers would see that my situation is unusual considering I am a native English speaker and am also Thai. However from I've hears this should benefit me in the job hunt.

Your Thai passport will get you a Thai salary.

Stay in school. You have a lifetime to make that bad decision and live with it. No degree, no experience and Thai passport. What are you literally dreaming of in terms of salary?

The right circumstances at the right school you can use your US pa$$port for NES wages. But obviously that's going to take a degree as well.

You'd be damn stupid to stop studying now. A qualification from abroad counts a lot here. 

Considering that you're not an educated teacher you wouldn't receive a good salary as a Thai. Only when you're working as a NES teacher,.

Read through all the information that's already on the net. 

Archived