Jump to content
BANGKOK
webfact

Alexander Albon to drive for Red Bull in Belgium

Recommended Posts

On 8/13/2019 at 7:53 AM, legend49 said:

Cant be Thai as he can drive OK

 

Yawn.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, DaRoadrunner said:

One would think an expert like you would check your brain was in gear before engaging your mouth.

 

Austrian entrepreneur Dietrich Mateschitz and Thai businessman Chaleo Yoovidhya founded Red Bull (the drinks co') in 1984. Albon got a shot at it as he is half Thai and has Thai nationality.

 

You are going to look as stupid as Albon will when Verstappen wipes the floor with him. Verstappen has true talent, not the backing of a drinks company.

 

As for your comment on Alonso.... he's a world champion... 'nuff said.

 

 

We know who owns Red Bull, thanks.

 

Alonso was a world champion, the last time 13 years ago.  A young kid is showing great maturity and talent in a low ranking team (Toro Rosso) and has been promoted to the main Red Bull team on merit.  Have you watched any races this season?

 

You think he's replacing Gasly half way through the season because he's half Thai?  Get a grip, you are making yourself look ridiculous.

 

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/13/2019 at 12:34 PM, Geoffggi said:

He is a plastic Thai, born & schooled in UK Thai mother English father who was a racing driver therefore his start in driving came from UK I'll let you decide......

What a nasty, small minded and pointless comment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, josephbloggs said:

Alonso was a world champion, the last time 13 years ago.  A young kid is showing great maturity and talent in a low ranking team (Toro Rosso) and has been promoted to the main Red Bull team on merit.  Have you watched any races this season?

 

You think he's replacing Gasly half way through the season because he's half Thai?  Get a grip, you are making yourself look ridiculous.

We shall see who looks ridiculous by the end of the season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, DaRoadrunner said:

We shall see who looks ridiculous by the end of the season.

I am not saying he's going to beat Verstappen as he is a great driver.  But don't forget Verstappen has been in F1 since 2015 so has that experience.  This is Albon's rookie season but he has looked impressive.  I think he will far outshine Gasly's achievements in the first half of the season, therefore his promotion will be very well merited.

 

I don't expect him to outshine Verstappen but I think he'll do well.

 

Petty and denigrating comments purely because he is Thai are not justified and reflect badly on the poster if you ask me.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/13/2019 at 11:41 AM, Baerboxer said:

 

Like it or not, the fact is most Thais wouldn't pass a driving test in most Western countries without considerable learning and effort.

Fact my arse. Most Thai drivers that have to get a driving license for the foreign country they are either studying or working in probably have no problems at all. Meanwhile, these pages are rife with tales of aging 'expert' farang drivers who just can't get the simple parallel park and reaction tests right. And don't get me started on the red-green color blind test fudgers.

 

Now I agree that Somchai, the noodle seller from Bahn Nork on his saleng doesn't aspire to the heady qualifications that only white men reckon they are capable of attaining but then again, he doesn't really have to does he? I mean who's he trying to impress here? Certainly not the average farang Fortuner driver, eh?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/13/2019 at 6:33 PM, DaRoadrunner said:

The above connection is likely why Albon got a shot at it.

What on earth are you smoking?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Back on topic; Gasly certainly went off the boil and Red Bull through their Torro Rosso academy have been very proactive in hot-swapping guys without a lot of fanfare. They can do this because there doesn't seem to be room for egos at Red Bull any more. They had their moments before with Vettel and Weber but as soon as the driver thinks he's better than the team that got him there, he's gone.

 

Isn't that right Sebastian?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NanLaew said:

Like it or not, the fact is most Thais wouldn't pass a driving test in most Western countries without considerable learning and effort.

True.... I have done the Thai driving test. Can't say I felt ready to take on Lewis Hamilton afterwards.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, DaRoadrunner said:

True.... I have done the Thai driving test. Can't say I felt ready to take on Lewis Hamilton afterwards.

Right, but passing the UK test would have prepared you for driving an F1 car against Lewis Hamilton, of course - that's how it works.

Truth of the matter is Alex Albon has achieved more in his young career than most people on this forum can ever dream about.  But easier to look down on him, snipe, and make stupid comments purely because he is (half) Thai and some bitter little minds can't handle it, even digging up stories about his mum.

 

It is pretty sad.

 

Good luck to him in the second half of this season.

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/14/2019 at 2:18 PM, DaRoadrunner said:

One would think an expert like you would check your brain was in gear before engaging your mouth.

 

Austrian entrepreneur Dietrich Mateschitz and Thai businessman Chaleo Yoovidhya founded Red Bull (the drinks co') in 1984. Albon got a shot at it as he is half Thai and has Thai nationality.

 

You are going to look as stupid as Albon will when Verstappen wipes the floor with him. Verstappen has true talent, not the backing of a drinks company.

 

As for your comment on Alonso.... he's a world champion... 'nuff said.

 

 

I never said I was an expert? I do follow F1 and gave my opinion that Albon got the Nod on MERIT owing to his efforts in the Torro Rosso, the fact he is half Thai is neither here or there. A Fantastic, pleasant and well liked young driver who rightly deserves his shot in a top team with a car capable of podium positions.

 

Your statement on Verstappen wiping the floor with him is just plain silly? Albon will hopefully get his car in-between adversaries of Max to aid his results for this season and also to score championship points for the team, that pays the wages.

 

Alonso was a great Champion and F1 Driver - in his day, alas he has done the right thing as he knows he is now too old for the new crop of young talent in F1, he can still cut it in other championships but he can not keep the fitness levels and lightening fast reactions require for F1.

 

Now then, lets see; 

'check your brain was in gear before engaging your mouth' Is easier to use one of these... Knock yourself out!

 

jcb-3dx-loader-500x500.jpg.c83bdf80bd3be3b8d158adc24aaff228.jpg

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Popular Now

×
×
  • Create New...