Majority of Britons support 'Brexit by any means' poll

webfact

4 minutes ago, stephenterry said:

Yeah, I reckon the EU should be shackled to the UK, and add the USA and China as well. Perhaps then the Great British Empire with a renovated fishing boat fleet could colonise the whole globe while it goes seeking chlorinated chicken trade deals with the Falklands and Greenland - oh, shucks, I forgot that Scotland won't be with us or providing North Sea gas any more, and naturally Ireland would be busy engaging in civil warfare when Johnson fails to honour the Good Friday agreement. 

Yeah, can't wait...

You do post some nonsense - and never answer a question.

You must be a remoaner.

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

There's a surprise - clever people the Chinese , work hard , look after their families , do well and don't moan unless the mainland wants to suppress their inherited British democratic rights. 

To be fair, the British never had much time for giving the people of Hong Kong any democratic rights until they, the British, were leaving.

3 hours ago, Laughing Gravy said:

If you read the original posters comments it was he who brought up lies.

Yes unemployment went up slightly, hardly worth running to the hills, although many remainers will love that 0.1%.

https://www.ons.gov.uk/employmentandlabourmarket/peoplenotinwork/unemployment

Many EU countries the employment is far worse than the UK's. I suppose that is brexits fault.

Right so we've finally established that unemployment went up for the first time in over 2 years - there that didn't hurt did it ! CG1 Blue you can stand down - your superior has tidied it up for you.

I'm sure the 31,000 people that now don't have a job and will be entering one of the most worrying times of their lives, will appreciate your statement that its' hardly worth running to the hills for - selfish to the end eh ?

2 minutes ago, Handsome Gardener said:

Right so we've finally established that unemployment went up for the first time in over 2 years - there that didn't hurt did it ! CG1 Blue you can stand down - your superior has tidied it up for you.

I'm sure the 31,000 people will appreciate your statement that its' hardly worth running to the hills for - selfish to the end eh ?

More worrying is the productivity of UK businesses continues its slide.

3 hours ago, Laughing Gravy said:

We are still waiting for your reasons on why the EU is so great and why we should remain shackled to it.

They have been listed on numerous occasions - or google them. You could start with trade deals and medical research and go on from there (how are the new trade deals coming along, any signed yet ?) ….but be warned you're going to be busy! 

So despite my 10th request you still cannot explain why the pound is getting trashed and not flying ? 

Can anyone else in the leave camp help him out  (11th request ……)

1 hour ago, Jip99 said:

You do post some nonsense - and never answer a question.

You must be a remoaner.

Wow I may have found my man - Jip99 I have made 11 requests to ascertain why the pound is crashing and not rising in light of the forthcoming brexit dawn.

As you have accused others of not answering questions, can you please answer it for me - you're my last hope ….

TVM

10 hours ago, Loiner said:

There just won’t be another referendum. You’ve seen the last one. We’ll be out before there’s another GE. And all will be well.

Hmmmm it may be that Judge McTavish is about to launch a 10" spanner into the leavers spokes - he's even kindly agreed to prioritise it  - love them scots !

https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1165133/brexit-news-remainer-MPs-court-case-Scotland-Boris-Johnson-no-deal

2 minutes ago, Handsome Gardener said:

Wow I may have found my man - Jip99 I have made 11 requests to ascertain why the pound is crashing and not rising in light of the forthcoming brexit dawn.

As you have accused others of not answering questions, can you please answer it for me - you're my last hope ….

TVM

No problem.

You are asking the wrong question.

You fully understand the reasons for speculation in Sterling that is causing a drop in the exchange rate.

Sterling cannot rise, to it's realistic level, until the uncertainty, speculation and scare-mongering has worked it's way out of the system. That will only begin to happen sometime after 31 October.

I don't think that you will find any Brexiteer who said that Sterling would 'rise' as a direct, or immediate result, of Brexit.

I hope that helps.

26 minutes ago, Jip99 said:

No problem.

You are asking the wrong question.

You fully understand the reasons for speculation in Sterling that is causing a drop in the exchange rate.

Sterling cannot rise, to it's realistic level, until the uncertainty, speculation and scare-mongering has worked it's way out of the system. That will only begin to happen sometime after 31 October.

I don't think that you will find any Brexiteer who said that Sterling would 'rise' as a direct, or immediate result, of Brexit.

I hope that helps.

‘Sometime after October 31st’.

How many rears after?

Just now, Chomper Higgot said:

‘Sometime after October 31st’.

How many rears after?

"rears"

Freudian slip ??  😁

To answer your question........ IMO  .... the rate will start to recover in the first year.   How long it takes to get to pre-Brexit is a different answer, and that may be "never", or it may be 2/3 years  -  depends on many factors within the global economy, not just the UK.

Let me be clear, "never" is one of those potential risks to Brexit that was identified and is worth taking for exiting the EU.  Most Brexiteers would probably say 3-5 years for things to settle down. The key exchange rates are GBP/USD and GBP/EU.......... post-Brexit, the latter is more likely to be affected by what happens in the EU.

55 minutes ago, Handsome Gardener said:

I'm sure the 31,000 people that now don't have a job and will be entering one of the most worrying times of their lives, will appreciate your statement that its' hardly worth running to the hills for - selfish to the end eh ?

I guess you are the glass is half empty type of person. Now unless you have a crystal ball which you seem to be insinuating that you do, what circumstances have these 31,000 people lost their job. I suppose you will say its the B word, as many remainers blame everything on Brexit.

7 minutes ago, Jip99 said:

"rears"

Freudian slip ??  😁

To answer your question........ IMO  .... the rate will start to recover in the first year.   How long it takes to get to pre-Brexit is a different answer, and that may be "never", or it may be 2/3 years  -  depends on many factors within the global economy, not just the UK.

Let me be clear, "never" is one of those potential risks to Brexit that was identified and is worth taking for exiting the EU.  Most Brexiteers would probably say 3-5 years for things to settle down. The key exchange rates are GBP/USD and GBP/EU.......... post-Brexit, the latter is more likely to be affected by what happens in the EU.

Well hats off for at least giving an opinion.

Though your belief the pound will return to pre-Brexit values is fanciful.

The UK would need a market and a functioning economy for that.

Archived