Majority of Britons support 'Brexit by any means' poll

webfact

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, CG1 Blue said:

Once we've left the EU it'll take several years before remainers would get a chance to try to drag us back in. By that time the EU project will have continued on it's decline; a decline accelerated by the UK's heroic exit.

The public will have seen the project fear lies for what they are. Youngsters will still be able to travel and even study in Europe (as they always could pre-EU). UK businesses will overcome any short term challenges (as they always do). The UK will be in control of it's own destiny, and will not be pulled further into political and fiscal union with a bunch of countries which are far too diverse to be tied together that way. The EU, Ireland and the UK will have new procedures in place to avoid installing border infrastructure. 

I'd be surprised if even 10% of the electorate would want to rejoin the EU once the truth is out. 

Yet another post showing how far removed from reality the brexiteers are. Do they honestly believe this drivel. If so then god help them as they are in for a very rude awakening.

15 hours ago, Loiner said:

This thread is full of <deleted> Remainers who for months have been telling us they want another referendum because the polls show the country changed its mind and now wants to Remain. Even the Euros are in on it.
Now a polls shows that not only do most want to Leave, but Leave by any means!!!
The Remainers not only don’t accept the new poll, but don’t accept it because it come from the wrong size of newsprint.
Apparently only broadsheet contains true polls. Could that be because broadsheets predicted the referendum Remain result accurately?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

So if you are so confident in the poll result then you will happily support a new referendum then won't you?

5 hours ago, Handsome Gardener said:

OK I'll have another go - did unemployment rise - yes or no ?

Yes, there was a tiny rise in unemployment (which you insinuated was due to Brexit). In the same news announcement there was a continued rise in wages, and a continued rise in employment. So you were cherry picking. 

5 hours ago, Handsome Gardener said:

Right so we've finally established that unemployment went up for the first time in over 2 years - there that didn't hurt did it ! CG1 Blue you can stand down - your superior has tidied it up for you.

I'm sure the 31,000 people that now don't have a job and will be entering one of the most worrying times of their lives, will appreciate your statement that its' hardly worth running to the hills for - selfish to the end eh ?

You keep ignoring the 3.9% wage growth, and the 425,000 additional people in employment. Please change your user name to Handsome Cherry Picker ????  

On 8/13/2019 at 6:17 AM, soalbundy said:

on par with the Daily express just a better class of prejudice.

...said without a hint of irony... your prejudice is better than their prejudice, eh?! ...Mirror/Guardian - Pot/Kettle... same same... bigots all.

I mean, the polarisation of all news outlets these days renders them all useless. All them overtly run an agenda - the wind up the punters and get them to buy/click/rant agenda... and it applies to both sides: the right wing and the wrong wing.

The DT is less ludicrous than the Grauniad though, which is a comedy lefty rag - it makes you chuckle when they put out that begging letter on their site describing themselves as "quality journalism"!

On 8/13/2019 at 10:30 AM, Jonnapat said:

When things like this appear in ultra right wing newspapers like Johnson's Telegraph they should be taken with more than just a pinch of salt when most other polls give an entirety different result. To me this is sheer imperialistic propaganda designed to influence ahead of this horrendous act of stupidity. 

"ultra right wing", are you having a laugh?! do you actually know what those words mean? I mean if that's "ultra", then what's left to the right of that? The left wing?! The DT is a dull centre-right rag, good for cricket.

5 hours ago, evadgib said:

I recon it'll start recovering around Valentines day, Grouse.

HTH ????

Whatever happened to Grouse I wonder. He used to be ever present on these threads, winding up us Brexiteers. I know he had some health issues. I sincerely hope that's not the reason we no longer hear from him. 

1. Bercow is on our side - "by any means necessary". 

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/aug/13/bercow-will-fight-to-stop-johnson-closing-parliament-for-no-deal

2. Majority of mps don't want no deal. 

3. Parliament sits passes amendment/ bill for extension - EU approves  - passing 31st October deadline. (Have your 2k ready Malagateddy).

4. No confidence motion called. BoJo loses - election date scheduled. 

5. Tories get massacred as BoJo doesn't deliver with Brexit Party / Cons killing each other. 

6. Remain coalition wins a  majority. 

7. 2nd referendum - Remain wins

8 Article 50 revoked.

9. Pound soars. 

The boys are back in town - GAME ON.

Brexiteers slink away angrily - muttering traitors, anti-democracy etc. I am proud to say I am a human being and a European and helped in a small way to keep an United Kingdom United and a family of European nations in what Winston Churchill spoke so positively about all those years ago and honour my father and mother and grandparents who took part in those most destructive of wars on our European continent. Have hope dear Remainers the Opera ain't over till the fat lady sings......

"I am now going to say something that will astonish you. The first step in the re-creation of the European family must be a partnership between France and Germany. In this way only can France recover the moral and cultural leadership of Europe. There can be no revival of Europe without a spiritually great France and a spiritually great Germany. The structure of the United States of Europe will be such as to make the material strength of a single State less important. Small nations will count as much as large ones and gain their honour by a contribution to the common cause. The ancient States and principalities of Germany, freely joined for mutual convenience in a federal system, might take their individual places among the United States of Europe."

"Great Britain........— must be the friends and sponsors of the new Europe and must champion its right to live. Therefore I say to you “Let Europe arise!”

https://winstonchurchill.org/resources/speeches/1946-1963-elder-statesman/united-states-of-europe/

On 8/13/2019 at 11:54 AM, Laughing Gravy said:

I know all about sampling and it, I will say it again does not always come up with the correct result.

If you can't be bothered to vote and have the ability to, you can't complain. 3 years on and you are still not accepting the referendum result. the largest turnout in the UK's History and you still try and belittle the 52%, as the 'tiny majority'.

It seems to be a remainer trait.

The LSE showed that the vote was heading for 60-40 until the Jo Cox death was hijacked by the remainiac regime and used to try vilify anyone who supported Brexit as Godwin's Paradox. Remainiacs/Lefties, totally obnoxious and fascistic really.

10 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

Whatever happened to Grouse I wonder. He used to be ever present on these threads, winding up us Brexiteers. I know he had some health issues. I sincerely hope that's not the reason we no longer hear from him. 

Same here one of the wisest men to tread these boards - he was banned a couple of times I think and maybe thought can I be bothered wasting what precious time I have left on this earth with the David Davies's of the world as Dominic Cumming's said was a "thick as mince". Or at least I hope that was the reason and not health problems. 

On 8/13/2019 at 12:54 PM, OneMoreFarang said:

They are definitely smarter than the current UK politicians because they all know that being part of a big Union is a lot better than being alone. And they also know that crashing out of the EU without a deal and start trying to makes some deals days after leaving the EU is just plain stupid.

But no problem. By now I really like to see it happen. Let's look who the English will blame after PM Boris took them out of the EU without deal. Enjoy your freedom when you take back control. 555 

What, like the Soviet Union? As you want to call leaving the EU "plain stupid" are you some kind of expert on stupidity?

The EU's growth is persistently worse than anywhere outside it that isn't a failed state, and Germany, the heart of it, is sliding into recession:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2019/08/14/markets-live-latest-news-pound-euro-ftse-100-germany-recession

Oh sorry... "quality journalism"...ahem... https://www.theguardian.com/business/live/2019/jan/08/german-slowdown-industrial-output-recession-fears-uk-house-prices-stock-markets-business-live

Do you accept Bloombergs as a unit of currency of economic journalism?

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-01-08/germany-s-industry-shock-raises-specter-of-economic-recession

Why anyone would want their country to remain shackled to this economic Titanic is hard to understand... for those with "half a brain", they want to escape the impending emergency...

This EU-worshipping cult is so toxic, it stops people from just looking at it in a neutral dispassionate way focussing on the numbers, and the numbers don't add up: the EU doesn't work. 

The only kind of union that's worth being in is one where all the members are prosperous, and share the same ideas, just like with any club or partnership. EU is all about debt and co-dependency and emotional blackmail.

Meanwhile, there are serious financial risks facing the EU https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-deutsche-bank-bankcapital/deutsche-bank-capital-boosting-debt-dips-on-restructuring-fears-idUKKCN1U310W

The UK needs to get out urgently to avoid being roped into bailing out the EU. ...mind you, perhaps facing that kind of financial nightmare might result in a good time for a second referendum, where the underlying question could be - do you want to pay more tax and have less money in order to pay off the debts of EU countries, whilst they come and work in your country and keep your wages lower and your cost of living higher.

4 minutes ago, CaptainNemo said:

What, like the Soviet Union? As you want to call leaving the EU "plain stupid" are you some kind of expert on stupidity?

The EU's growth is persistently worse than anywhere outside it that isn't a failed state, and Germany, the heart of it, is sliding into recession:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2019/08/14/markets-live-latest-news-pound-euro-ftse-100-germany-recession

Oh sorry... "quality journalism"...ahem... https://www.theguardian.com/business/live/2019/jan/08/german-slowdown-industrial-output-recession-fears-uk-house-prices-stock-markets-business-live

Do you accept Bloombergs as a unit of currency of economic journalism?

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-01-08/germany-s-industry-shock-raises-specter-of-economic-recession

Why anyone would want their country to remain shackled to this economic Titanic is hard to understand... for those with "half a brain", they want to escape the impending emergency...

This EU-worshipping cult is so toxic, it stops people from just looking at it in a neutral dispassionate way focussing on the numbers, and the numbers don't add up: the EU doesn't work. 

The only kind of union that's worth being in is one where all the members are prosperous, and share the same ideas, just like with any club or partnership. EU is all about debt and co-dependency and emotional blackmail.

Meanwhile, there are serious financial risks facing the EU https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-deutsche-bank-bankcapital/deutsche-bank-capital-boosting-debt-dips-on-restructuring-fears-idUKKCN1U310W

The UK needs to get out urgently to avoid being roped into bailing out the EU. ...mind you, perhaps facing that kind of financial nightmare might result in a good time for a second referendum, where the underlying question could be - do you want to pay more tax and have less money in order to pay off the debts of EU countries, whilst they come and work in your country and keep your wages lower and your cost of living higher.

Let's look at the situation of the UK and the EU after the end of October.

It seems it's impossible to convince Brexiters with facts. But maybe they will accept reality when it hits them. But then again I am sure they will continue to blame the EU. Enjoy your "control" trading with Trump and Co.

17 hours ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

2nd referendum if you're so sure that you still command the majority - rather than this Tory coup with a PM nobody voted for in a GE. 

A best of three surely? If you're that confident? I can see your lot are constantly playing for extra time or maybe penalties? Hand of God? Despite the fact that you're 2-1 down. Everyone will be down the pub celebrating victory for Brexit United whilst Remainiac Wanderers keep playing with themselves until the floodlights go out.

When it comes to Brexiteers v Remainiacs (or Roundheads v Cavaliers, if you prefer), this monologue from Jacob's Ladder seems rather apposite:

"If you're frightened of [leaving the EU] and you're holding on, you'll see devils tearing your life away; but if you've made your peace, then the devils are really angels, freeing you from the [EU]."

Sure, like the Cavaliers, the Remainiacs may make a comeback and have their restoration, but it will be temporary, because the people have already tasted freedom, and they won't be held captive in the EU forever.

1 minute ago, OneMoreFarang said:

It seems it's impossible to convince Brexiters with facts. But maybe they will accept reality when it hits them. But then again I am sure they will continue to blame the EU. Enjoy your "control" trading with Trump and Co.

and being thwarted by a Democratic Congress in thrall to the Irish heritage contingent and desire to push back the Trump/Bannon/Brexit populism axis of evil.....

1 minute ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Trump and Co, and the rest of the world, and the EU too, because they won't stop selling things to the UK or buying things from the UK.

Which facts? Which reality? You haven't presented either.

2 minutes ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

and being thwarted by a Democratic Congress in thrall to the Irish heritage contingent and desire to push back the Trump/Bannon/Brexit populism axis of evil.....

The only axis of evil is those fighting a total war against democracy and freedom and the right to say no... we don't want to be in the EU any more. Massive youth unemployment all across the EU - leave those kids alone!

The problem with Brexit is that no single solution will appease everyone.

Some want a hard Brexit. Some want a soft Brexit. Some want no Brexit at all.

The MP's in Westminster are a reflection of all this. Even the pro Brexit MP's cant agree among themselves what they want. This is what comes from Camerons gamble to try and see off the challenge he was facing from UKIP at a general election. So he asked the country a binary question on a complex issue. The binary answer he got just made things worse.

The UK is now so deeply divided that its never going to get better. Indeed I do not think the UK will survive this. I believe Scotland will become independent thereby making the issues facing whats left of the UK even worse.

Northern Ireland might very well join the Republic.

So all you jolly Brexiteers with your bulldog spirit and British (English) nationalism have in reality done more damage to the UK than the Luftwaffe ever did.

Is this what you REALLY wanted?

2 minutes ago, CaptainNemo said:

A best of three surely? If you're that confident? I can see your lot are constantly playing for extra time or maybe penalties? Hand of God? Despite the fact that you're 2-1 down. Everyone will be down the pub celebrating victory for Brexit United whilst Remainiac Wanderers keep playing with themselves until the floodlights go out.

When it comes to Brexiteers v Remainiacs (or Roundheads v Cavaliers, if you prefer), this monologue from Jacob's Ladder seems rather apposite:

Sure, like the Cavaliers, the Remainiacs may make a comeback and have their restoration, but it will be temporary, because the people have already tasted freedom, and they won't be held captive in the EU forever.

We don't care "By Any Means Necessary" to quote BoJo's new brain implant. Then the vast majority that want an end to this chaos can get back to their lives and we can get back to being a United Kingdom. You kamikaze nutter contingent must be 10% tops - They Shall Not pass. And no more referendums and the disaffected can go back to Facebook with their anger and play chicken on the train tracks for their kicks. Enough is enough. 

16 hours ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

We should let the Hong Kong Chinese (and their money in ) they will get post-Brexit Britain off to a flying start and right a historical wrong .

What, turning an empty little muddy island into a hub of prosperity and handing back land signed over in a legal treaty before it was worth anything, when only the New Territories were subject to the lease?

The major unique feature of the UK is it is an island . Unlike Europe it is easily identifiable on the map . Its name will never change and will always be the United Kingdom . I do not think that will be the case for European countries in the near future as I recently heard it muted they will become one nation under the title of         " The United States of Europe ".   One central government based in Germany  .  A dilution of the current nations own laws to that of the new laws of the USE .   Thank god for Brexit 

2 minutes ago, Victornoir said:

Let them dream still a little...

You are new here..................... 

................................................................or are you ?

So if you are so confident in the poll result then you will happily support a new referendum then won't you?

I think all the polls are rubbish. That does not mean I think Remainers are entitled to a second bite. We voted and you lost.

1 hour ago, Rookiescot said:

The problem with Brexit is that no single solution will appease everyone.

Some want a hard Brexit. Some want a soft Brexit. Some want no Brexit at all.

The MP's in Westminster are a reflection of all this. Even the pro Brexit MP's cant agree among themselves what they want. This is what comes from Camerons gamble to try and see off the challenge he was facing from UKIP at a general election. So he asked the country a binary question on a complex issue. The binary answer he got just made things worse.

The UK is now so deeply divided that its never going to get better. Indeed I do not think the UK will survive this. I believe Scotland will become independent thereby making the issues facing whats left of the UK even worse.

Northern Ireland might very well join the Republic.

So all you jolly Brexiteers with your bulldog spirit and British (English) nationalism have in reality done more damage to the UK than the Luftwaffe ever did.

Is this what you REALLY wanted?

Bashing the English for nationalism when they're the only Country in the Kingdom and in the whole of EUrope without their own Parliament/Voice/Representation...?

On 8/13/2019 at 1:47 AM, Chomper Higgot said:

Sometimes it’s best to put it back to the electorate, this poll seems to bolster your confidence that the electorate support Brexit.

and keep putting it back till you get the result remainers want?typical eu tactic.cameron made it perfectly clear the referendums results would be upheld by the government,i.e it was NOT an advisory

2 hours ago, CaptainNemo said:

isn,t that what we joined in the 70s A COMMON MARKET,no mention of a european superstate then,what was there 8 members?what a  failed experement that was.

Archived