Majority of Britons support 'Brexit by any means' poll

webfact

6 hours ago, Pattaya46 said:

3 years than pools go up and down between 45-55 and 55-45. Another pool soon probably will give the opposite result. :tongue:

And BTW this interesting graph by Bloomberg on what may happen soon :

ff804923d5399766c4ab22f28d39c529

"the pools go up and down"? are you talking about climate change?

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not so fast you purveyors of chaos , half-truths and lies the Fightback Begins and Boris is sounding rattled. And Bercow will do all he can to find the time and procedure in this our British Sovereign Parliament. Taking back control !n And our leaders are talking to the EU ready to thwart Boris. 

Hammond’s intervention will be followed by a big pushback when Parliament returns on September 3 — and those preparing to take part claim they can win by fighting their way through the Commons. They even sound optimistic about their chances — one put it yesterday at 99 per cent, although Downing Street, of course, says the opposite. They are puzzled by stories that some of them are indulging in despair and preparing to surrender. 

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/politics/not-so-fast-boris-the-fightback-begins-a4213141.html

image.jpeg.54513faf6a83f9bfa5a4fe5968140fca.jpeg

3 hours ago, evadgib said:

Bashing the English for nationalism when they're the only Country in the Kingdom and in the whole of EUrope without their own Parliament/Voice/Representation...?

How many English MP's are there in the house of commons? 

It is and always has been the English parliament. And its the one that holds the vast majority of power.

Its odd that in my entire post that you quoted this was the only issue you have a fault with.

Of the 650 seats in parliament.

533 are English.

59 are Scottish.

40 are Welsh.

18 are from Northern Ireland.

And yet you think the English have no parliament?

It is and always has been the English parliament. And its the one that holds the vast majority of power.
Its odd that in my entire post that you quoted this was the only issue you have a fault with.
533 are English.
59 are Scottish.
40 are Welsh.

So it’s the English parliament is it? Well the trouble making jocks turn up there often enough. Why not be like the Sinn Fien MPs if your 59 Scots don’t think it’s the UK Parliament?

4 hours ago, Loiner said:

So it’s the English parliament is it? Well the trouble making jocks turn up there often enough. Why not be like the Sinn Fien MPs if your 59 Scots don’t think it’s the UK Parliament?

Trouble making jocks?

Wow.

It is the UK parliament in name only. In reality it is and always has been Englands parliament.

I think those trouble making jocks will be gone soon enough.

13 hours ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

Same here one of the wisest men to tread these boards - he was banned a couple of times I think and maybe thought can I be bothered wasting what precious time I have left on this earth with the David Davies's of the world as Dominic Cumming's said was a "thick as mince". Or at least I hope that was the reason and not health problems. 

He is still here and i know many ion here know who he is. if you think he was wise then it explains why you don't know who is posting as. He was an intellectual but also rude and arrogant, which is why he had an enforced holiday.

I was always happy to share words with him as long as it didn't get into those who didn't go university are less intelligent.

11 hours ago, Rookiescot said:

533 are English.

59 are Scottish.

40 are Welsh.

My point stands.

3 hours ago, Laughing Gravy said:

He is still here and i know many ion here know who he is. if you think he was wise then it explains why you don't know who is posting as. He was an intellectual but also rude and arrogant, which is why he had an enforced holiday.

I was always happy to share words with him as long as it didn't get into those who didn't go university are less intelligent.

Banter, Wit & Humour are in short supply on these boards. He was quite good at it for a while but lost all respect when he replaced it with blatant abuse & started taking his own rhetoric too seriously.

I was glad to see the back of him at that point.

26 minutes ago, evadgib said:

My point stands.

If your point is that there are far more English MP's (533) in parliament than all the other countries (117) then yes it does.

English MP's regularly vote as a block upon issues which only affect Scotland/Wales or Northern Ireland within the union but have a hissy fit if the reverse happens. Hence the introduction of EVEL.

English votes for English laws. All you other lot dont get a say.

10 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

If your point is that there are far more English MP's (533) in parliament than all the other countries (117) then yes it does.

English MP's regularly vote as a block upon issues which only affect Scotland/Wales or Northern Ireland within the union but have a hissy fit if the reverse happens. Hence the introduction of EVEL.

We're done (or should I say you are!????

57 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

Do you paint your face blue & white....?  ????

1 hour ago, Rookiescot said:

Proportionately it would appear that every country within the UK is represented very fairly in parliament, if you're not carefull you could end up with more Scottish MPs than Scottish residents that live in Scotland.

5 hours ago, Rookiescot said:

Trouble making jocks?

Wow.

It is the UK parliament in name only. In reality it is and always has been Englands parliament.

I think those trouble making jocks will be gone soon enough.

Then how on earth did not so long ago the "English Parliament" get TWO Scottish Prime Ministers.....?     ????

4 minutes ago, Jip99 said:

There were nine!

As for the last two.......????

https://www.quora.com/How-many-British-prime-ministers-were-Scottish

Pretty sure they all considered themselves to be British rather than Scottish. Gordon Brown most certainly does.

Indeed we even have a word to describe Browns independence opinions which are frequently given huge prominence in the media.

Its called a "Broontervention".

On 8/13/2019 at 11:50 AM, Baerboxer said:

You should read up on statistical sampling and sample sizes. They are based on fact not your personal opinion about polls.

2016 - 3 years ago. Of course people can never never ever ever change their minds when more information, facts, become available and circumstances change.

No sir, a tiny majority voted the way you liked 3 years ago so it must be implemented. Ostrich democracy!

17.4 million people is a tiny number. Really?

5 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

Pretty sure they all considered themselves to be British rather than Scottish. Gordon Brown most certainly does.

Indeed we even have a word to describe Browns independence opinions which are frequently given huge prominence in the media.

Its called a "Broontervention".

Typical "get out" reply.....Gawd........

They were Scots controlling England and the UK....????

But, in these two's latter years, on the world stage, are talking gibberish.

On 8/13/2019 at 12:03 PM, Estrada said:

63% of the British people did not vote to leave the EU. The vote was based on lies and fake news, Russian trolls and financed by rich financiers who exceeded the law on campign finance. The law on referendums stated that a majority of 55% is required for action to be taken by the Government to proceed with Brexit but the right wong extremists steam rollered through Article 50.

How many of those 63% couldn't be bothered to vote? Answer = 27.8%.

If you don't believe me go to the link and do the sums yourself.

https://www.electoralcommission.org.uk/who-we-are-and-what-we-do/elections-and-referendums/past-elections-and-referendums/eu-referendum/results-and-turnout-eu-referendum

If you are interested in the future of the country you would have voted. 

BTW there is NO law on referendums stated that a majority of 55% is required. The pass/fail percentage is set for each individual referendum.

Now if you can prove me wrong with a link to say that you are correct then I will apologise. If however you cannot prove me wrong I shall expect an apology from you for spreading false information.

On 8/13/2019 at 3:43 PM, evadgib said:

It had the opposite affect on me. I became so pissed off at the one sided drivel being peddled by 'remain' that I felt bound to try to redress the balance.

If all goes to plan I hope to dance the hornpipe all day on 01 November, take a step backwards and place myself on listening watch ????

That should be a sight worth watching if this is anything to go by.

Sorry, wrong video.

It should be this one.

With the music from this one

The point that has been raised by the " No Brexiteers " saying there is no mandate to leave the EU by way of a  "no deal " has been grasped by the remainers as their big opportunity to stop or stall the process . It is rather pedantic , political spinning and should not be allowed to be considered . You would have thought that after the recent by-elections when the behavior of politicians towards Brexit and their denial to their constituents was reflected in the voting would have woken them up but no here we go again . 

The vote merely asked  below . No mention of a deal , in or out and that should be non negotiable . When does no mean maybe or yes ? only in the political world . 

ผลการค้นหารูปภาพสำหรับ uk referendum ballot paper

9 minutes ago, superal said:

The point that has been raised by the " No Brexiteers " saying there is no mandate to leave the EU by way of a  "no deal " has been grasped by the remainers as their big opportunity to stop or stall the process . It is rather pedantic , political spinning and should not be allowed to be considered . You would have thought that after the recent by-elections when the behavior of politicians towards Brexit and their denial to their constituents was reflected in the voting would have woken them up but no here we go again . 

The vote merely asked  below . No mention of a deal , in or out and that should be non negotiable . When does no mean maybe or yes ? only in the political world . 

ผลการค้นหารูปภาพสำหรับ uk referendum ballot paper

Yep.

You may recall this:-

533 are English.
59 are Scottish.
40 are Welsh.

The scotch have about 9% of the seats in the commons, which is over representative of your 8% of the UK population. You should have a couple of seats taken from the ‘English’ Parliament.

17 hours ago, Jip99 said:

Yep.

You may recall this:-

The above from Jip99 is the ultimate post , end of arguments , 100% win in a court of law .  However treachery is being planned within all parties , aided and abetted by J. Bercow , to suspend Brexit and seek a further delay .  You really could not write this . . Many politicians have still not grasped the will of the people and will find their political careers ending soon . On top of this J.C. wants to be temporary leader of the country in the event of a no confidence vote for the PM .  God help us if that were to happen .  

Archived