BANGKOK 17 August 2019 17:49
webfact

New Trump rule targets poor and could cut legal immigration in half, advocates say

5 hours ago, Credo said:

This should be interesting.   I've lived and worked in a lot of countries and I haven't met many wealthy people who wanted to immigrate to the US.   I've met a lot of well educated, young people who did though, but they had no money.

Silly comment you made. They didn't say wealthy.. they are targeting people who use government benefits programs intended for the poor. 

No country would allow someone on visa or temporary status in their country to be poor and unable to feed themselves while in the country. Yet American citizens taxes are supporting this yearly when their are still citizens homeless and hungry and unemployed. 

Even here in Thailand you need a certain income level or savings amount to even get a visa.. Do you see them asking for education documents to bypass income laws. Hmph. Get your priorities right.. or are you just another Trump hater who complains about everything the gov is trying to do to make America better for it's citizens?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Will they try to redefine refugees as immigrants and deny entry on financial grounds.

Donald will not need to find a new wife in 2020 he will be surrounded by close friends in orange suits.

2 minutes ago, Paul Henry said:

Will they try to redefine refugees as immigrants and deny entry on financial grounds.

Donald will not need to find a new wife in 2020 he will be surrounded by close friends in orange suits.

No, the rules are not planned to extend to refugees or asylum seekers.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Isaan sailor said:

America has over 30 million illegal aliens.  Too many of them have become a permanent burden to taxpayers.  Carry on, Department of State.

BTW, yes I do pay taxes to IRS—even as an expat.

You overshot it by about 300%.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Give me your tired, your poor, Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, The wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!

The Statue of Liberty-Ellis Island Foundation, Inc.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

17 hours ago, Credo said:

This should be interesting.   I've lived and worked in a lot of countries and I haven't met many wealthy people who wanted to immigrate to the US.   I've met a lot of well educated, young people who did though, but they had no money.

Yes, America has always been the 'Land of Opportunity'...... Until Trump........ but no worry - his end is coming...............

I know many people (my family) who immigrated (the legal way) to the USA and they want to work and make decent money.......

and where I live in the USA is heavy 'welfare US citizens' so I see an enlightening 'cross-section'.....

The immigrants want to work.......... the US Citizen 'Welfare receipients' DON"T Want to work.......

AND People (at least some of them -- at least those who need to bring their own 'Shira law' with them) if they want to work they can go far in the USA and earn money good. Some of my own relatives immigrated (legally) from Thailand is 'good proof'..... They can make money 10-20 times what they made in Thailand (us$9- '300 baht' versus usd$100 '3,000 baht' -usd$150 '4,500 baht') for shorter work days........

Yes....... Many like to come to the USA........ I want them to come and work and displace a few of our welfare reciepients who don't want to work.......... Except I am with Trump in 'one way only'...... I don't want any Shira law coming here to replace/substitute for our national and constitutional LAW...... We have pretty great laws now......