Jump to content

New Trump rule targets poor and could cut legal immigration in half, advocates say


webfact

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

Give me your tired, your poor, Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, The wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!

The Statue of Liberty-Ellis Island Foundation, Inc.

You might want to research their treatment at Ellis Is. a bit. Not a bed of roses by any stretch..... 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

You might want to research their treatment at Ellis Is. a bit. Not a bed of roses by any stretch..... 

Never said it was. 

 

Just quoting the sentiments of those with a greater deal of empathy than trump. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

So, a not overly bright flaming post has been removed, along with a bunch of replies.

You will keep things civil, on topic and avoid any racist comments of any sort, or pay the price.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

 ... administration unveiled a sweeping rule on Monday that some experts say could cut legal immigration in half by denying visas and permanent residency to hundreds of thousands of people for being too poor.

Sounds a bit like Thailand's new utopia immigration rules ironically.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Who will employers get to to work for them to make them rich?

where are the charges against the employers?

 

There are no rich people unless there are poor people to do the work. With trumps idea there will be no immgrants to do the poor work.

 

welcome to the high cost of living.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Credo said:

This should be interesting.   I've lived and worked in a lot of countries and I haven't met many wealthy people who wanted to immigrate to the US.   I've met a lot of well educated, young people who did though, but they had no money.

 

 

That's funny. Just look at cable tv on any given day and look how many wealthy celebrities in fact have done just that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Sujo said:

Who will employers get to to work for them to make them rich?

where are the charges against the employers?

 

There are no rich people unless there are poor people to do the work. With trumps idea there will be no immgrants to do the poor work.

 

welcome to the high cost of living.

Exactly. White men getting rich on the backs of the poor.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Many have asked when was the "great" in the MAGA slogan?

Perhaps they mean 1893.

A similar public charge policy was in effect then to keep out the IRISH.

This is all so depressing.

 

 orangemanbad.jpg.752458febcd64015a7c8a215d08787b4.jpg

Quote

An 1893 cartoon titled "Looking Backward" depicts the irony of American immigrants turning away additional newcomers. The caption reads: "They would close to the new-comer the bridge that carried them and their fathers over."

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

So less legal immigration would mean more illegal immigration.  And perhaps more asylum seekers.  It appears Guatemala will not be that "safe country" that the US was demanding....

 

[Guatemala's President-Elect Says the Country Can't do a Migrant Deal with the U.S.]

 

https://time.com/5651664/guatemala-president-elect-us-migrant-deal/

 

So much winning....

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Berkshire said:

So less legal immigration would mean more illegal immigration.  And perhaps more asylum seekers.  It appears Guatemala will not be that "safe country" that the US was demanding....

 

[Guatemala's President-Elect Says the Country Can't do a Migrant Deal with the U.S.]

 

https://time.com/5651664/guatemala-president-elect-us-migrant-deal/

 

So much winning....

Yes, this will be one of the reasons Trump needs more money for the wall soon.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Berkshire said:

So less legal immigration would mean more illegal immigration.  And perhaps more asylum seekers.  It appears Guatemala will not be that "safe country" that the US was demanding....

 

[Guatemala's President-Elect Says the Country Can't do a Migrant Deal with the U.S.]

 

https://time.com/5651664/guatemala-president-elect-us-migrant-deal/

 

So much winning....

trump has cut vetted asylum seeker intake from 100k p.a. to 30k p.a. Possibly eventual none permitted entry if trump retains power in 2020.  trump appears to be gradually implementing Steve Miller's advocacy for zero migrant intake.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...