BANGKOK 18 August 2019 15:37
gwanoy

Duty on Alcohol

14 hours ago, Crossy said:

To be honest, it's not worth the hassle, one litre per adult, packed in their individual bags and you'll be fine.

I recently traveled to BKK, with wife and kids. I had 2L of booze in one suitcase.

I went thru the Green Line; no problem whatsoever.

9 hours ago, Gumballl said:

I recently traveled to BKK, with wife and kids. I had 2L of booze in one suitcase.

I went thru the Green Line; no problem whatsoever.

Indeed (did they actually x-ray the bag?), but there have been reports of officers trying it on when both bottles have been in one suitcase. Always best to be safe if you have multiple bags to pack your booze in.

On a number of occasions I entered Thailand with 2-3 bottles of wine in my checked bags.  I usually put them in separate bags.  A couple of times I've had my bags x-rayed but was never stopped.  

What about larger quantities shipped?  I love wine, I been a wine importer before. and I feel sad in Thailand. Not always good brands, and 3.5 times the price I pay here in France. What would I pay as an individual as import-taxes, if I let come a few cases? 

Unless you have a licence to import alcoholic beverages you will not be allowed to import them and no customs official would be foolish enough to assess import charges and issue a receipt for them.

15 hours ago, Maestro said:

Unless you have a licence to import alcoholic beverages you will not be allowed to import them and no customs official would be foolish enough to assess import charges and issue a receipt for them.

Woaw, that is a bugger.  I thought if for personal use, it would be ok, if you pay import taxes on it. That is going to be a sad year.  Most wine sold in Thailand is not great and 3.5 the usual price. Poor wine -lovers. 

On 8/15/2019 at 5:03 PM, indieke said:

Most wine sold in Thailand is not great and 3.5 the usual price. Poor wine -lovers. 

Many threads on this over the last couple of years. Some very long like the Montclair thread. Lots of despair from wine lovers but no real way round it unfortunately.