Jump to content
BANGKOK 19 August 2019 18:49
brucegoniners

X Ray Screening of Bags at Suvarnabumi Airport

Recommended Posts

16 hours ago, BestB said:

Wow, nice fiction and lovely vivid imagination . But for a laugh do tell what “supervisor” said when you told him you had lumbago ?

 

and do tell how you got back in to tell supervisor to be more efficient ?

 

😂😂😂

Well, he realised he had to move the stuff himself, and was p..... off. And I stopped before the customs exit line, just to watch and make sure my wife had really left the building and disappeared. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, paddyfield7 said:

Well, he realised he had to move the stuff himself, and was p..... off. And I stopped before the customs exit line, just to watch and make sure my wife had really left the building and disappeared. 

Have you read Pinocchio book?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Salerno said:

Of course you did  :coffee1:

Yes, if I hadn't done it, I would not have reported it here. In principle I'm a rather restrained person, but if I see nonsense going on, I can easily stand up and become quite extrovert

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, paddyfield7 said:

Well, he realised he had to move the stuff himself, and was p..... off. And I stopped before the customs exit line, just to watch and make sure my wife had really left the building and disappeared. 

Why would you do that? Did the Mrs have something dodgy in her bags?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, emptypockets said:

Why would you do that? Did the Mrs have something dodgy in her bags?

No, we had nothing to hide, but I predicted that the Supervisor wanted the bags back to the scanner to screen them again, this time with someone not sleeping behind the screen. But I replied that our luggage was scanned as requested by him, and that the other guy was sleeping was his and not my problem. And I couldn't bring the bags back anyway, as my wife had already left with them to do the TM30 at CNX IO. That's the end of the story.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, paddyfield7 said:

I'm out of that age.

You should , as you sure have vivid enough imagination 😂

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/13/2019 at 3:44 PM, jastheace said:

someone from asia ? pls feel free to correct me...

South Asian (Indian/Pakistani etc.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/15/2019 at 9:32 AM, paddyfield7 said:

No, we had nothing to hide, but I predicted that the Supervisor wanted the bags back to the scanner to screen them again, this time with someone not sleeping behind the screen. But I replied that our luggage was scanned as requested by him, and that the other guy was sleeping was his and not my problem. And I couldn't bring the bags back anyway, as my wife had already left with them to do the TM30 at CNX IO. That's the end of the story.

The real end was that I said to the officer that he may follow me to the TM30 counter of their nearby IO if he wishes, but that was the moment he gave up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've never had my baggage X-rayed in Thailand, but I usually travel very light. Funny enough they hand-search my bag every single time I go to Tokyo when they realize I'm coming from Thailand or Philippines. Every time I see them X-raying in Thailand it is Asian people with multiple big suitcases. Either way better safe than sorry - don't bring more than your allowance of anything. I've heard horror stories about huge fines on undeclared items you should've declared.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Came back from Chicago via Abu Dhabi a few weeks ago and my 2 bags were screened for the first time ever, after several years. Just got a big smile and a thank you as I legged it out the door with my Wisconsin cheeses intact.

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...