Chinese tourist rescued from surf by Patong lifeguards

webfact

Chinese tourist rescued from surf by Patong lifeguards

By Eakkapop Thongtub

1565665772_1-org.jpg

The Chinese tourist ignored warnings from lifeguards and entered the surf where red ‘No Swimming’ flags were posted. Photo: Patong Surf Life Saving

PHUKET: Lifeguards at Patong Beach have repeated their warning for swimmers to obey the red “No Swimming” flags posted along the beach marking where it is dangerous to enter the surf after a Chinese tourists was rescued yesterday (Aug 12).

Lifeguards reported that a Chinese tourist entered the water at a section Patong Beach where red flags had been posted at about 10:20am – after he had already been warned by lifeguards that it was dangerous to swim in that area.

The tourist, who lifeguards did not name, was soon in serious difficulty as he was being dragged away from shore by a rip.

Read more at https://www.thephuketnews.com/chinese-tourist-rescued-from-surf-by-patong-lifeguards-72489.php#OhygLK6zafeAH2rk.99

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2019-08-13

1 minute ago, NCC1701A said:

"Here is some laughing gas. You feel better? You like my watch? I sell to you."

imagjgkeproxy.php.jpg

Or you could also say, 'well done to the lifeguards'. But that would be positive.

A few years back at Nai Harn beach I was swimming further out than the crowd, the lifeguards paddled by on their surf ski to check I was ok. A good service I thought at the time, I hope it is still the same? 

A few weeks later I found myself caught in a rip a very uncomfortable experience it was, thankfully I knew what to do, I'm an Aussie we have many beaches sadly other tourists do not have experience with the ocean. 

15 hours ago, from the home of CC said:

I'd be pissed off if I had just warned someone and they decided anyway to put their life as well as possibly my own at risk, I would almost be tempted to let the fool drown..

It happens constantly, you can see the Chinese and Easter Europeans doing it almost daily at Nai Harn after multiple warnings.

Archived