Twelve year old gang leader thought it was fun to throw stones at vehicles on the motorway

webfact

Twelve year old gang leader thought it was fun to throw stones at vehicles on the motorway

7pm.jpg

Picture: Naew Na

Five boys aged between 12 and 16 have been arrested after a series of incidents of rocks being thrown at vehicles on the Chonburi motorway. 

A twelve year old said that he was the leader of the gang. He rode a motorcycle with sidecar with his mates to a bridge. 

They took rocks with them. 

He said they intended to throw the rocks and hit the roofs of large trucks and make a big bang. 

It was all in fun, he said, but when it went wrong on Saturday they fled the scene. 

A large truck heading towards Chonburi carrying sand was hit in the windscreen and the driver suffered a hand injury in a very scary experience. It happened near KM marker 37.

The boys were arrested by Bang Plee Noi police at a house in Bang Bo, Samut Prakarn. A motorcycle with sidecar and a 2 kilogram rock was taken into evidence. 

No charges have yet been made.

Other victims have reported similar incidents on the motorway, said Naew Na.

Source: Naew Na

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-08-13

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When I was 15 years old, some friends and I did essentially the same stupid thing, except we tossed large tomatoes purloined from a nearby garden. The effect on an automobile windshield going 60 mph was about the same as a rock.  There was a dis-used overpass spanning a highway and we thought it great fun, hearing the brakes squeal and laughing our dumb asses off as we ran away. We were fortunate and nobody was hurt but we later learned that man had almost lost control with his wife and several kids in the car.

My friends came by the next evening wanting me to go back to the bridge with them and do it again.  For some reason still unknown to me, I declined and stayed home.

The cops figured we'd be back and were waiting by the bridge and nailed them all.  They all had to go to court and pay restitution.  They kept my name out of it but I had to kick in all my summer savings to pay my share.

Still makes me shudder when I think about it;  just so pointlessly stupid. Somebody could easily have been badly injured or perhaps even killed but that appalling possibility never even entered our minds.

"Why did you do it?"  the judge asked my friends.

"Don't know" they replied "Just for laughs"   I still have no idea why I thought it was fun. 

12 minutes ago, Greyhat said:

Did anyone here not do something stupid and dangerous as a kid? Hopefully this will be a learning experience for them and they'll straighten up and fly right.

Throwing boulders off a bridge is next level. Many people have had their faces caved in through the back of their skull from this. These kids are lucky they didn’t the same, and they identified themselves as a gang. That’s not just boys being boys.

9DC431F1-77A9-40E7-9E02-373FCD5F13F1.jpeg

Jeez, that truck driver was super lucky he wasn't badly injured or worse as the rock has punched a hole thru' a laminated screen .. 

As for the urchins who did it .. Some correctional guidance/straightening-out is imperative from this point on pronto .. 

2 hours ago, dddave said:

When I was 15 years old, some friends and I did essentially the same stupid thing, except we tossed large tomatoes purloined from a nearby garden.

Peer pressure is so strong as a kid that reason can easily be thrown to the wind. For anyone who was more than a bit adventurous growing up it's something of a miracle to have emerged from childhood in one piece. Rather surprising in this case that the gang leader was 12 but there was at least one kid of 16 following his example. 

36 minutes ago, lust said:

Parents should go with the kids into a detention center for 30 days x each rock that was thrown.

And before that, they should get a few lashes with the old leather belt on their bare behinds from the one in the family that weare the pants.

1 hour ago, lust said:

Parents should go with the kids into a detention center for 30 days x each rock that was thrown.

I think normally parents of these problem kids are also both working to put food on the table thus little supervision on these kids.

22 minutes ago, lamyai3 said:

Peer pressure is so strong as a kid that reason can easily be thrown to the wind. For anyone who was more than a bit adventurous growing up it's something of a miracle to have emerged from childhood in one piece. Rather surprising in this case that the gang leader was 12 but there was at least one kid of 16 following his example. 

That is why some people who would never condone violence was caught up in the mob destruction of property . Never underestimate the power of anonymity a person feels when acted out in a mob. 

25 minutes ago, Vacuum said:

And before that, they should get a few lashes with the old leather belt on their bare behinds from the one in the family that weare the pants.

Now now....be careful. You would get charged with child abuse or assault and battery or cruel and unusual punishment.

This is 2019....not the 1940’s or 1950’s. 

6 minutes ago, Ctkong said:

I think normally parents of these problem kids are also both working to put food on the table thus little supervision on these kids.

Contraception would would resolve that issue.

With kids comes responsibility.

He said they intended to throw the rocks and hit the roofs of large trucks and make a big bang.

It must be like a valve for them going through a non functioning educational system where they learn nothing to nil.

It makes sense to me, teachers very often hit them and they do such things in revenge not knowing how bad their actions really are.

I blame the system for it. 

16 minutes ago, Catoni said:

Now now....be careful. You would get charged with child abuse or assault and battery or cruel and unusual punishment.

This is 2019....not the 1940’s or 1950’s. 

Indeed, but I can't see any improvement, more the opposite.

54 minutes ago, Vacuum said:

Indeed, but I can't see any improvement, more the opposite.

I agree, and I was being sarcastic, and truthful at the same time.

I was raised in Canada when they still used corporal punishment in the schools. (The strap. A length of rubberized corded belting) 

I got the strap on two occasions, and I admit I earned it. 

But all in all, school kids were much better behaved back then, and respected the teachers. 

All they get these days is some “time out” or suspended from school for a few days. They laugh it off and enjoy the break from classes.

It’s not unusual these days for a kid to tell a teacher “Go f__k yourself.” And little or nothing is done. Same in Beavers, Cubs and Scouts. You can’t touch the kid no matter what, or you will be up on charges. The kids get away with almost anything.

My brother quit as a leader in the Beavers and Cubs because of the lack of discipline, the insults and problems, parents standing with their kid whether right or wrong, and his hands tied because of the system.  

There is not much discipline. And society continues its long slide into the abyss. 

Archived