Where did my master go? Abandoned dog pulls at Thai heartstrings

webfact

Where did my master go? Abandoned dog pulls at Thai heartstrings 

8pm.jpg

Thai Rath reported on a dog in Bangkok that has been abandoned after its owners moved house. 

Namtan (brown) was left alone and was forlornly waiting for his owners to come and pick him up, said "Palika Khiwsuay" on Facebook. 

He has been waiting expectantly for a week. 

Palika told Thai Rath reporters that she had been feeding the dog and giving him water but he didn't seem hungry. 

She said she would look after the dog if the owners didn't come back. 

More than 1,000 people shared the sad story. 

Source: Thai Rath

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-08-13

I’d take him if the family isn’t coming back for him or if no one else is planning on taking him in. The person who posted the story on Facebook has their Facebook account set up so only friends can post on it.

16 minutes ago, Mel52 said:

I’d take him if the family isn’t coming back for him or if no one else is planning on taking him in. The person who posted the story on Facebook has their Facebook account set up so only friends can post on it.

I think you can still send a PM though..

1 hour ago, Mel52 said:

She doesn't need you to post on her account, from the OP..."She said she would look after the dog if the owners didn't come back". 

2 hours ago, soistalker said:

Thai people dont have the normal emotional range that western people have.

So only Thais abandon thier pets and farangs dont? Not ever? Fyi plenty of expats abandon their pets when they go home making excuses ie too expensive, new house dont allow pets, baby coming etc etc. Dont they realise that their kids see them abandoning their pets, they learn that its ok to abandon their parents when their new wife dont like thier parents or whatever.

4 hours ago, soistalker said:

Thai people dont have the normal emotional range that western people have.

Farangs just kill them.

Each year, in the US, approximately 2.7 million dogs and cats are killed every year because shelters are too full and there aren’t enough adoptive homes.

Nice the THAI neighbor take care him. If in USA he probably killed already.

17 hours ago, legend49 said:

Thais and dogs it never changes, they drop the dog for any reason.

Maybe I missed it. Where does it say that the owner was Thai?

And to those who crack comments something to the effect of "A dog without owner and this in Thailand. Hard to believe", I say this. There are hard core soi dogs, AND there are domesticated dogs, home raised. "Brown" looks like a home raised dog to me. Hardly fair to lump him in with soi dogs.

Yes, I am a dedicated dog owner .... man/woman's best friend.

I was just reading some of these posts and wow. I always knew there are a lot of people on here who are maybe a little bit different or weird I guess but I was just reading a few of the posts on here under this topic and I was literally cracking up laughing. There’s a few posts on here that I wanted to reply directly to and ask them if they were actually serious or if it was a joke or something but apparently you’re not allowed to do that on here I guess. I don’t know I guess this is what happens when people spend all their time online at home all day everyday.

1 hour ago, MaxLee said:

Died in a car accident, maybe..... (one of many possibilities......)

Or moved to a condo, or left the country or...or....

Maybe they thought someone would eventually take care of the dog. BUT the dog doesn't see it that way.

I was just reading some of these posts and wow. I always knew there are a lot of people on here who are maybe a little bit different or weird I guess but I was just reading a few of the posts on here under this topic and I was literally cracking up laughing. There’s a few posts on here that I wanted to reply directly to and ask them if they were actually serious or if it was a joke or something but apparently you’re not allowed to do that on here I guess. I don’t know I guess this is what happens when people spend all their time online at home all day everyday.

Actually never mind I don’t see them anymore there were two in particular that I wanted to read again because they really were comical to read

5 hours ago, lvr181 said:

"beggars" belief, does it?  ????

I hope English is you first language.

It would be just one more stray dog. Nothing special here. And if the people care so much about this dog they also should care about the ?millions? others. 

We now have six.  Four of them just dumped.  One was waiting by the road for his master for a week before we were able to rescue him.  My wife and I love all of them but think we are at the limit of how many we can be successful with.

Archived