Demolishing the historic British Embassy to make way for a shopping center

webfact

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Pilotman said:

I have very little pride in what the UK has become. I have a fascination with our history, rather than a pride in what it achieved. but I despair at what the UK has become under successive governments.   It has very poor infrastructure, that is getting worse by the year,  a dysfunctional political class that is supported by an equally dysfunctional Civil Service, a heath service that treats to the lowest common denominator and is unsustainable financially, a castrated military,  and a largely miserable population. I like having a British Passport for the freedom to travel that it gives me, otherwise, I truly have no feelings of pride or kinship in the UK, just a continuing frustration that things can only get worse.     

Far too much political correctness in UK. Too many bleeding hearts who are more concerned about immigrants than their own people.

I'll stop there.

The Britain i knew and loved as i grew up , i am afraid has gone , when there were few immigrants it was fine ,they on the whole mucked in and became British as did my dad ,came from Europe to help fight against Germany ,married a local girl and had us British kids.

those days i fear are long long gone ,i know its not PC and the usual posters will not agree with me ,but vast swathes of Britain are now a foreign land ,peopled by people who owe it no alegance ,neither do their offspring .

all you have to do is read the national press and when you see the pictures of the vast majority of drug dealers ,murderers and those murdered and you will see .

so the British embassy is now not great ,and neither is Britain.

1 hour ago, bert bloggs said:

The Britain i knew and loved as i grew up , i am afraid has gone , when there were few immigrants it was fine ,they on the whole mucked in and became British as did my dad ,came from Europe to help fight against Germany ,married a local girl and had us British kids.

those days i fear are long long gone ,i know its not PC and the usual posters will not agree with me ,but vast swathes of Britain are now a foreign land ,peopled by people who owe it no alegance ,neither do their offspring .

all you have to do is read the national press and when you see the pictures of the vast majority of drug dealers ,murderers and those murdered and you will see .

Says it all without saying it all.

2 hours ago, bert bloggs said:

Good post. There are of course many more reasons why the UK is broken but broken it undoubtedly is.

Archived